Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 Apps? How do I get them?

So about those Sync 3 apps...when I select the page, nothing comes up. Do I need to download an app on my cellphone first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sync 3 supports a number of apps. I don't know where to get the full list but on my Samsung S5, Pandora and Spotify come up once i've connected via bluetooth.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've got the same problem after pairing with my iPhone - no apps. To be honest, I haven't spent too much time trying to figure it out as I'm having too much fun driving the car and am really looking forward to the CarPlay update.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I believe the iPhone has to be connected to one of the usb ports in the arm rest. This was the way it worked in my '12 Mazdaspeed 3 and also for the aftermarket touch screen i put in my wife's minivan. It's an Apple thang.

I plug the phone directly through usb to use apple music. It is an apple thing lol

I believe the iPhone has to be connected to one of the usb ports in the arm rest. This was the way it worked in my '12 Mazdaspeed 3 and also for the aftermarket touch screen i put in my wife's minivan. It's an Apple thang.

From what I've been able to gather, there aren't that many apps that work with Sync3 yet for iPhone. According to Ford's site:

*Pandora
*Glympse
*Spotify
*iHeartAuto
*MLB.com at Bat

I've also heard that Accuweather works. Anybody have confirmed apps to add?

OP
FreshST
Thread Starter #7
Appreciate it. Wasn't sure if there were proprietary sync apps. Time to hit the App Store. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ford has returned to our lil corner off the web???!

Thx for the link and welcome!

For the iphone you have to have the app open and running on the phone before it will show up.
Bump for this. Also, I can't get any apps to work on my Sync 3. Plugged in via USB. Every time I hit update it just spins a circle for updating mobile apps when it's connected to wifi

Hey OffTheWall503,

The upgrade will be here by the end of this year. I'm unable to speculate on an exact date; keep an eye on the Ford Owner site for more info: owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/setup/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html

Shaay

Seems like Ford has pulled the list off their site, and finding what apps work, is harder and harder.
So, for future reference, and those that might be interested:
From what I gathered from Google pictures, and youtube vids, I think these apps are working with Sync 3, and some of their functions:

1. Sirius XM travel link; a Sirius app, that allows you to see :
    • SiriusXM Traffic
    • Travel Link Movie Listings
    • Travel Link Sports Scores
    • your sirius XM subscription data
    • Travel Link Fuel Prices
    • Weather Maps, Forecasts, and Alerts
    • Ski conditions
    • Sirius Satellite Radio (Listen to the music of your choice)
    • Possibly more...
    Cost $1.99/month

2. Accuweather; A weather app, allows you to see :
    • Weather map/Radar
    • Weather forecast Hourly/Daily/Week
    • 60 min rain forecast
    • Extreme weather alerts (like wind/rain/temperature/...)
    • Possibly more...
  3. Ford + Alexa; a Ford app, that uses your car's audio system, like an Amazon Echo, using voice commands. Alexa can do things like:
    • Play back your Amazon library music
    • read your audio books from the library,
    • Check the weather or temperature
    • Check your calendar
    • Read the news
    • Find amazon deals
    • Through Kayak it can Book hotel rooms, Check flights arrival times,
    • Send hands-free text messages (via voice command)
    • Post to Slack (conference chat)
    • Make donations (eg: charity) on the go
    • Stream music (included in prime), or play podcast
    • Winefinder (find the right wine for your dinner; I wonder what wine it would offer for McDonalds)
    • Order food (pizza), including for delivery (to your car) [8D], or flowers
    • Call, speak to, or monitor activity on another Alexa powered device (eg: the Echo in your living room)
    • Via Amex, Check your American Express Credit Card balance
    • Check stock prices
    • Play games (rock/paper/scissors, chess, Bingo, TicTacToe, and others) on the go [paranoid]
    • Schedule meetings with those you have access to their calendars
    • Call AAA or find a nearby mechanic, or get first aid advice
    • Control your home thermostat (Nest Learning Thermostat, Honeywell Lyric, Ecobee 3 & 4)
    • And many more...
    Alexa is basically a free version of SiriusXM Travell link, but with more flexibility and options.

4. Ford Pass; a Ford app, that allows things like:
    • Get vehicle health alerts
    • Find and reserve parking ahead of time in parking lots and garages in select cities
    • Call or chat with a FordGuide Access Roadside Assistance
    • Find: Easily discover gas stations, restaurants and more.
    • Manage: service history, maintenance schedule and Ford Credit payments
    • Possibly more...
  5. Pandora; a Music app, that allows you to listen to streaming radio.

plans of $4,99/month or $9.99/month allow ad free, higher quality audio; and other options

6. SiriusXM; a digital over air Radio, that allows you to listen to several channels.

Similar to FMHD radio included in the MySync 3 radio, but at a cost

7. ExxonMobil Speedpass; Gas station feedback and reward point app.
  8. Spotify; Stream music files from Spotify.
  9. NPR One; listen to stories, shows, and podcasts from NPR and your local public radio station.
  10. Glympse; share your real-time location using GPS tracking, with anyone you choose (good for parents to keep an eye out on their sons).
  11. Domino's Pizza; Order Pizza on the go.
  12. iHeart Radio; Free radio, music and Pod casts.

...Maybe more...

Would be nice to see someone who actually has tried some of them, to confirm if all the options in Google store are also working on the Sync 3 radio.
I suspect since Ford has pulled the list of apps off their site, that the new update of 2017 has some issues with some apps (incompatible with the newer firmware).

Well, I tried the 'Accuweather' app, and the new firmware isn't even seeing the app; which makes me believe that app support has been disabled.?