Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALLED - Meister R Coilovers/ Impressions, Pics, Etc.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
We had quite the winter his year and the roads took a beating ( we have nice roads here) and i appreciated these coilovers! They made the ride smooth, even over some really and o mean really shitty asphalt. Glad I went with Meister R's[emoji1433]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed the MeisterR CRD yesterday. I have to say it is miles better than the stock. The installation is straightforward. It is just quite difficult to toque the top strut bolts properly with a torque wrench.
Right now I am using 195/50/16 winter tire with default ride height from MeisterR, no rubbing.
The road here in the Long Island and NYC is horribly cratered due to the excessive salt usage. I am using 10F/13R from full hard, the ride is so much much more comfortable than the stock. I couldn't push it very hard due to winter tire. The cornering is very flat, turn in is sharper than the stock. I do enjoy more driving this fantastic little hatch.
I will have more to report when spring finally come in the near future.
I think this is a must have upgrade for the FIST. I am very satisfied.
One minor flaw is the stock tree clip for the ABS wire doesn't fit on the coilover. A simple cable tie will do the trick, nothing big.
I recently have alignment done by a professional shop, here is my result:
Caster: FL: 3.7 degree
FR: 3.7 degree
Toe: FL: 1/16 inch, RL: 1/32 inch
FR: 1/16 inch, RR: 5/32 inch
Camber: FL -2.7 degree, RL: -0.5 degree
FR -2.4 degree, RR: -0.6 degree

The shop tech told me they didn't adjust camber since the car handled pretty good with the number. With the default setting from Meister R, the camber I got is quite aggressive and I like it.

I wonder if you'll hear less road noise and brake grinding from the rear.

A little more update, now I am on summer tire, tire size 205/45/R17. Default ride height, no rub.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I've been holding back from
Mentioning this but I need to now. My front suspension started making noises and first it was just over small speed bumps ( very very low speed) , but now it's apparent all the time. Have only had these installed since last November, less than 10k miles give or take.

Another thing also, ever since I installed these, the wheel hop got terrible, never had that issue when I just had my HR springs.

Two issues with these and less than a year of ownership.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

I've been holding back from
Mentioning this but I need to now. My front suspension started making noises and first it was just over small speed bumps ( very very low speed) , but now it's apparent all the time. Have only had these installed since last November, less than 10k miles give or take.

Another thing also, ever since I installed these, the wheel hop got terrible, never had that issue when I just had my HR springs.

Two issues with these and less than a year of ownership.

When turning at a stop, I'm hearing something like a pop coming from the LF corner. I'm hoping it's just that the end links need to be re-torqued. Won't be able to take a peek for a couple of weeks, though.

Any chance you can elaborate on what you're hearing?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
When turning at a stop, I'm hearing something like a pop coming from the LF corner. I'm hoping it's just that the end links need to be re-torqued. Won't be able to take a peek for a couple of weeks, though.

Mine is predominately coming from
the f/r, but now I'm hearing it when I even drive, super disappointed. It sounds like... squeaking/ticking, if that makes any sense.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would pull them and give them a good clean and lube.. Mine have been on for 13k and no issues so far.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

MeisterR

Vendor
If you guys have issue, contact me at sales@meisterr.com
I'll be happy to help.

First thing, as any moving part can make noise, chasing noise down normally is the hard part.
Once you find the noise, fixing it normally is pretty simple.

One thing to remember that sport suspension do transmit a little more noise as the spherical bearing top mount doesn't have insulation like a thick rubber mount.
However, you shouldn't be getting all kind of weird noise either.

If you are getting a poping noise turning the steering wheel at a standstill, it might be the springs coil binding.
MeisterR ZetaCRD coilovers comes standard with a Koyo Japan roller bearing spring cap to avoid this noise, so it just my be sticky.

Spray a little WD40 onto the roller bearing and just give the cap a few turn to ensure it is moving freely.
That should take out any popping noise that happen when turning the steering wheel at a standstill.

Mine is predominately coming from
the f/r, but now I'm hearing it when I even drive, super disappointed. It sounds like... squeaking/ticking, if that makes any sense.
Squeaking normally is a bush, because if is a damper you get a knocking noise.
If it is the spherical bearing top mount, then you get a metal to metal knocking noise.

Have a go around all the bush and just get a little lube on them to see if the noise goes away.
Might require a little time as any bush could be the reason for the noise.

Also, if you changed your ride height, make sure you "re-torque" the bush at the new ride height.
I have seen pre-loaded bush make noise, as well as holding the car up 1" higher... something that is often miss but makes a big difference.

Jerrick

MeisterR

Vendor
Summer is here now and I am sure a lot of the members are enjoying their Fiesta ST on the sunny the twisty road. :)

Anyone have some on going update want to share with us please, we are always looking for new feedbacks.

Jerrick

I have had them installed for 3000miles, I keep the adjustments almost full soft. The ride quality is as good as I expected and they are set to the stock ride height. The only thing I don't like is the noise from the front. I notice it most at low speeds (parking lot) and it is a squeaking knocking noise. It is not loud enough to be heard on the road as it just blends in with the road and tire noise, but as you slow down it becomes the predominant noise. I have had them off the car a couple of times, there is nothing loose and I have lubed contact points and sprayed lube on the top bearing with no change. Now it may be this is just normal for the design, but I have had coilovers before and never had any low speed noise like this.

MeisterR

Vendor
I have had them installed for 3000miles, I keep the adjustments almost full soft. The ride quality is as good as I expected and they are set to the stock ride height. The only thing I don't like is the noise from the front. I notice it most at low speeds (parking lot) and it is a squeaking knocking noise. It is not loud enough to be heard on the road as it just blends in with the road and tire noise, but as you slow down it becomes the predominant noise. I have had them off the car a couple of times, there is nothing loose and I have lubed contact points and sprayed lube on the top bearing with no change. Now it may be this is just normal for the design, but I have had coilovers before and never had any low speed noise like this.

There is a Koyo Japanese roller bearing in the top springs cap, that allows the springs to wist so at low speed the spring coil do not bind.
If you have some squeaking / knocking noise at low speed turning the steering wheel, that roller bearing might need a bit of lube.

If you have questions, drop me a PM. I am always happy to help.

Jerrick

No the noise is not when turning the wheel, the noise is from the up and down movement of the wheels over the pavement. I have lubed the top bearing as well as the contact points for the springs. I added a gasket between the body of the car an the top mount of the bearing the last time I had it apart again with little or no change.

MeisterR

Vendor
No the noise is not when turning the wheel, the noise is from the up and down movement of the wheels over the pavement. I have lubed the top bearing as well as the contact points for the springs. I added a gasket between the body of the car an the top mount of the bearing the last time I had it apart again with little or no change.
let me drop you a PM, it might need some deeper investigation, we can sort it out once we know what is wrong.
Again, anyone have problem drop me a PM. I am alway happy to help.

Jerrick

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Yup, mine squeaks. I've had all four corners lubed with no change in sound.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
When i installed mine, I set the preload to the exact spec printed on the spring. Look closely at the spring and their will be a number, i believe it was 210 or something like that but don't quote me. That number is the height, in mm, that the spring should be once the coil is fully assembled. So to set the factory preload adjust the preload collars until you are at the measurement printed on the spring. Then install the coils on the car. Also, i used hi-temp Lithium grease (red) on the top/bottom plastic spring seats, the top mount in between the coil and body of the car, and on the "washer" that sits right below the top mount and contacts the bearing. I don't have any squeaks at all. Ever.

Yup, mine squeaks. I've had all four corners lubed with no change in sound.

Ever figure yours out? Turns out my squeaks were coming from the rubber boots in the front. They had bunched up and were rubbing the spring.