Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified E85 Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

Can we revisit the question asked already about running straight E85 fuel using the "E30 tune". It sounded like all the answers were cautioning that if you wanted to TUNE for E85 it would require a higher volume fueling system (pump, ports, injectors etc). I dont think that's the question here. The question is can you fill up your tank with all E85 fuel and run the same E30 tune available? Or is it truely unsafe because the lower gasoline content of straight E85 means the AFRs get screwed up in the wrong direction - meaning a risk of detonation.

I admit being very novice about this whole topic of blended ethanol fuels. So be kind while educating ..... :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I'd like to know this as well (despite there now being NO E85 stations near me).

My guess is that, at the very least, one would need a specific E85 TUNE in order for this to be plausible (to maximally increase the fuel trims to compensate for the much lower energy content of the straight E85), if not the mentioned fueling upgrades. [dunno]

^^^I'd like to know this as well (despite there now being NO E85 stations near me).

My guess is that, at the very least, one would need a specific E85 TUNE in order for this to be plausible (to maximally increase the fuel trims to compensate for the much lower energy content of the straight E85), if not the mentioned fueling upgrades. [dunno]
The issue here is that E85 requires about 30% more fuel to be delivered compared to gasoline. E30 requires about 10% more. The HPFP at peak torque is not able to delivered the required flow and pressure drops resulting in less fuel being delivered. Since there is no performance gain (Especially on stock turbo) to move above E30, we recommend sticking with E30 - or close to it.

Running full E85 will make the fuel system struggle to keep up with demand and the tune itself is not setup for that amount of fuel delivery so I do not recommend running full E85 on an E30 tune.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^THANK YOU Alex! [thumb]

Kind of what I was hinting at with my post, but was not sure IF the HPFP duty could handle/cover it or not, even totally maxed out, hence the [dunno].

Hey there, quick few of question. I just got your e30 tune. Gonna be filling up soon but was wondering...

1) when you fill up the first time, can you run the e30 tune right away? I would assume you would run 93 for several more miles until the mixture reaches the fuel pumps then run the e30 map.

2) How long can you leave the e30 mixture in your tank? I'll be going on vacation in a few months and I know leaving that in your tank can cause all sorts of problems.

3) I know you can switch maps and use the 93 map with the e30 mixture but how many fuel stops will it take to get back to pure 93 Oct gas in your tank again?

Sorry but I'm very new to this e30 goodness and just want to clarify a few things before I do my first fill up tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Hey there, quick few of question. I just got your e30 tune. Gonna be filling up soon but was wondering...

1) when you fill up the first time, can you run the e30 tune right away? I would assume you would run 93 for several more miles until the mixture reaches the fuel pumps then run the e30 map.

2) How long can you leave the e30 mixture in your tank? I'll be going on vacation in a few months and I know leaving that in your tank can cause all sorts of problems.

3) I know you can switch maps and use the 93 map with the e30 mixture but how many fuel stops will it take to get back to pure 93 Oct gas in your tank again?

Sorry but I'm very new to this e30 goodness and just want to clarify a few things before I do my first fill up tomorrow.

I ordered Stratified’s E30 tune (along with their 91, and 93), but I haven’t filled out the form yet. As far as your first question goes, I’m just going to baby the car until the mixture is completely through the engine first.

This doesn’t really answer your question, but this is. how I’m going to approach the E30 switch.

Last edited:
Don't sweat #1 and #3 . unless vacation is over a month. Fill it up , less space for moisture.
Thanks for the info man. I still gave it a few miles on 93 until the mixture went to my injectors then switched to e30. Stage 3 e30 is super addicting but I can't be giving my engine 26 psi all the time. I need to learn to control myself [emoji23]

Thanks for the info man. I still gave it a few miles on 93 until the mixture went to my injectors then switched to e30. Stage 3 e30 is super addicting but I can't be giving my engine 26 psi all the time. I need to learn to control myself [emoji23]

I find that the boost builds to 25 or 26+ psi very quickly and very often with my Stratified E30 tune. So I also bought an E30 eco tune for one of my slots that limits boost to 15psi. I run the eco slot when the car is not fully warmed up, and I also run it day to day just to limit the super high boost numbers which I see all the time. Switching back to the full performance tune might take 2 seconds (maybe less) by just switching slots, even when driving.

LILIKE16ST

Just need to learn how to properly throttle the car I can drive around basically boost free fairly easy just gotta be easy on the throttle...u can get into it half throttle and still not hit 20 psi...I'm not hitting 25+ unless I hammer it to the floor fairly early in the power band 2500-3500 or so.