Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intercooler charge pipe full kit Hot and Cold - $199.95 Free shipping

Trader history for Depo Racing (0)

FistSt215

I am beyond frustrated the pipe that connects to the turbo side is whistling and it pop off the first time . Idk what to do anymore and very frustrated .

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey we had the same kinda day today!
uploadfromtaptalk1465092204037.jpg

I just came back from a test drive and mine whistles way more than before as well. But it didn't pop off. I expected more turbo noises so maybe it's normal. I'll get her up on ramps tomorrow and give the clamps a few more turns to be safe but I'm thinkin the whistle is just due to increased air flow.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I can also confirm that the Pierce 2pt brace clears the pipe. Installed without removing or loosening the brace at all.

uploadfromtaptalk1465092303187.jpg

FistSt215

Mine still whistling but now it don't want to go in boost at all . It feels like it's in economy mode when the map switch out last time .

FistSt215

AP still says stage 3 and no boost wtf lol . Any tips on figuring this out ? The leak coming from pipe going into the skinny nipple silicone that goes into the turbo.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wow that sounds nothing like mine. And I'm seeing a lil over 20 psi running OTS stg 2. I would fully undo the clamps at the turbo, re-seat the coupling and clamp it down again.

I'm wondering if you just didn't tighten them enough. The clamp on the turbo is almost fully tightened, as in the two opposing sides of the clamp are almost touching. I'm going to re-check them in a few. You got me nervous ;) I'll post a pic so you can compare to urs

FistSt215

Yea I know it's the turbo side but I made sure it was in there all the way and I tighter the shit out of it I'm gonna undo the turbo side and actually put the coupler on the pipe then feed to the turbo. Maybe that will fitted better . It's weird the car don't want to go in boost at all I can't even hear my stock diverter valve going off

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
In the garage setting up, I did hear a slight hiss while @ idle. I gave every clamp a bunch more turns. The hiss is gone, thankfully, but I still here air but only when releasing the gas after revving it. Probably the DV. I'm not gonna sweat it.

Pics as promised. Hope it helps

Turbo:

Hot side IC:

Cold side, towards engine:

Cold side IC:

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yea I know it's the turbo side but I made sure it was in there all the way and I tighter the shit out of it I'm gonna undo the turbo side and actually put the coupler on the pipe then feed to the turbo. Maybe that will fitted better . It's weird the car don't want to go in boost at all I can't even hear my stock diverter valve going off
When first installing, I spent at least 30 minutes fuckin with the turbo side coupling. It is definitely a bit odd to get seated right. I did as you just described. Get it as far as possible on the pipe first then fight it onto the turbo. You probably know this, but make sure the clamps go around each coupling evenly for the best seal. Good luck.

I just flashed stg 3 just to see if I get the same boost issues your seeing. I'll be going out dinner in a few hours. I'll let you know how goes it

FistSt215

Yea just spend a 1hr and 30 mins took everything off re did everything and made sure everything tight . Went for a drive and finally I hear her spooling boost is back went 1/2 throttle and her my diverter valve again . I still do hear a little whistle but not as bad before . I guess that's just from the charge pipe itself . Went back in the garage and went under car to check every thing and everything still nice and tight . Move the pipe wasn't moving at all and all clamps and couplers on the Turbo didn't move at all. Image1465156288.540731.jpg Image1465156298.714737.jpg Image1465156309.694551.jpg Image1465156320.184713.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the connections on the intake pipe after the filter for the cause of the whistling noise.

This piping kit is not the cause of your boost leak and you probably should have started another thread to troubleshoot the problem out of respect of the OP.

FistSt215

No my boost leak was the charge pipe because on 2 occasions it popped off . It's square away now hopefully it stays that way. I never had a leak before the installed. Why would I need to check my intake ? Has nothing to do with the charge pipe installed .

And also this has nothing to do with Tim and Depo racing . I'm not blaming them for the reason it pop off its just my workmanship. Stuff like this happens a lot when the clamps are not as tight as you think. This pipe actually perfectly made to fit with a little wiggle room and some patience for the to get the bolt on there to hold the pipe securely.

No my boost leak was the charge pipe because on 2 occasions it popped off . It's square away now hopefully it stays that way. I never had a leak before the installed. Why would I need to check my intake ? Has nothing to do with the charge pipe installed .
It's possible the whistle is coming from the other hoses that are connected to the intake pipe between the filter and the turbo. If the connection is not perfectly sealed then it might be whistling when it sucks air in. It doesn't hurt anything. One other person found their whistling to be coming from there... The pvc is what it's calle maybe.

FistSt215

It's possible the whistle is coming from the other hoses that are connected to the intake pipe between the filter and the turbo. If the connection is not perfectly sealed then it might be whistling when it sucks air in. It doesn't hurt anything. One other person found their whistling to be coming from there... The pvc is what it's calle maybe.
Yea i def check that out when I do my DHM Symposer delete . Thanks for the advice .

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Glad to hear you worked it out. My stuff held up over an hour long drive. Stg 3 boost kissing 22psi and charged temps within 2* of intake, but it's a cool night. The additional flow from the pipes has made the turbo way more audible. DV makes noises now too. Overall very pleased. Don't quite understand how other companies are charging so much more for their pipes

OP
Depo Racing

Depo Racing

Thread Starter #40
From what I can see those t bolts aren't near tight enough. They need to be imbedded into the coupler a little. It's common not to tighten tbolts enough, I did it when I installed my first kit on my GSX a million years ago