Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear 12v source for rear dashcam/backup camera?

Does anyone know of a good 12v source I can tap to install a rear dash cam? I poked around in the back but didn't see anything that stood out. I want to avoid the 12v center console for the back seats.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Does anyone know of a good 12v source I can tap to install a rear dash cam? I poked around in the back but didn't see anything that stood out. I want to avoid the 12v center console for the back seats.
There isn't anything behind the rear seats that can support a 12v. You're better off running the 12v from the fuse box behind the glove box. It's really simple to run wires along the panels to the back.

OP
Thread Starter #4
Just found this saturday and wired it all up, just double taped it behind the glovebox and it works awesome. Hope this helps!

https://howtune.com/articles/170-install-the-wiring-for-a-dashcam-on-a-2014-ford-fiesta
Thanks, I already have a custom built fuse box for my front facing dash cam. The rear was actually easy, it came with the longest cord ever so I simply plugged it into the rear accessory port, ran the wire under the seats and up the weather seal and the wire is completely hidden.