Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016+ Induction Hose Pre-Sale

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

Bluedrank

I just ordered one as well. I must admit I'm a bit concerned about the adapter though. I forget what other company put out a 2016 intake with an adapter that ended up not functioning properly, but I just hope this Mishimoto adapter has been tested more thoroughly to ensure that it works properly with the 2016 models. But I'm a big believer in supporting companies that put in the R&D work, so I wanted to jump on the pre-sale to show my support.

Mishimoto, are there any details that you guys will be sharing about this adapter prior to release?

Plus one on the adaptor specifics, after reading some very viable concerns with adapting the 2016 I would like to hear more from the testing front or from someone who has logged miles with no issues and no loss of power. While this may seem nit picky, the 2016 design and adapters has shown to be tricky and not simply a quick adaptor to make work right.

In for more details please ;)

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I don't think the boost purge side of the adapter will be much issue, as many have deleted the boost purge line on their 2016's with good results. It will be the other input on the T/venturi on the hose (3/8") that will be the important part because many claim it needs a check valve which is what the issue was with the MAPerformance intake I believe.

SFP

This was my solution, cap the boost side and install a check valve to the 3/8 line.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
That's what I figured would work. I will see how the included adapter works.

Bluedrank

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous that the Mishimoto adapter works correctly. My feeling is that Ford did the redesign for a reason for the 16 model year, maybe due to issues they've encountered in customer's cars. Either way, my goal is to keep it functioning as stock is designed, so hopefully things work out with this adapter. It would be awesome if Mishimoto shared some additional info on this.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Still on track for June 10th? It can't come soon enough, I'm feeling antsy haha!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
From what I can tell on my car the Boost hose connection is straight through to the intake. The 3/8" line has a one way check valve. I don't think this is an engineering nightmare. Actually fairly simple. Mountune says theirs will be ready in a few months. I am guessing they will submit it to Ford to get the warranty approved as on their intake upgrade. I have ordered the Mishimoto and will install it when I do the MP215 in a few weeks. (If I have it by then). Really wanted Yellow Hose but it is not an option.

mishimoto1

We are still waiting for our adapter piece to arrive at our headquarters. Once it gets here, we will update our thread with images of the piece - I know a few of you wanted to see it!

Bluedrank

We are still waiting for our adapter piece to arrive at our headquarters. Once it gets here, we will update our thread with images of the piece - I know a few of you wanted to see it!
Is the shipping still on track for the estimated release?

Bluedrank

I called Mishimoto last week to get an update and was told that the release date would be sometime in August. Hoping I got bad info ...
Oh wow. Ouch. The original estimated date was June 10th when I ordered from the site. I guess they sneakily changed it without mentioning it anywhere. Their website now says July 18th.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Is this backorder information accurate? [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION]

Disappointing.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Just confirmed with Nick from Mishimoto, release pushed back to 8/5/2016 due to a "manufacturing delay."

Also got a bit of information about the 2016+ intake adapter. "Essentially, we took the OE PCV valve that T's off, and tweaked it to fit our hose. It will offer the same functionality as the OE valve, but it will fit with our Induction hose."

mishimoto1

Is the shipping still on track for the estimated release?
I called Mishimoto last week to get an update and was told that the release date would be sometime in August. Hoping I got bad info ...
Oh wow. Ouch. The original estimated date was June 10th when I ordered from the site. I guess they sneakily changed it without mentioning it anywhere. Their website now says July 18th.
Is this backorder information accurate? [MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION]

Disappointing.
Hey guys,

Our shipping is unfortunately going to be delayed. The new target ship date is on July 18th. The good news is that the presale will be live until then, so for those of you who are interested in this piece, you can get it at the discounted price until that date! Aplologies for any inconvenience this may cause.