Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

OP
M

MS67

Thread Starter #41
Haven't noticed any difference. Coolant and oil temps are fine but I haven't done more than a 2nd-3rd-4th gear pull on the street. My downpipe is made by PLM (Private Label Manufacturing) and is basically a quality knockoff of the Ultimate Racing downpipe. It's 3.5" off the turbo into a 3" outlet.

FistSt215

This!!! Would be something I'm interested down the road . Got a lot of stage 3 goodies to pay off to even consider this setup. As for the etune I mine as well wait for the x37 to go in and get tune in 1 shot

I just put an order in for the X-37, upgraded waste gate actuator, and lifetime tune. Can't wait to make some power [:)]

Unfortunately Adam isn't honering the $65 off a lifetime tune deal any more. Which is disappointing.

OP
M

MS67

Thread Starter #44
Either way it's a steal...look at what other tuners charge extra just to tune an upgraded turbo. Plus you're saving on international shipping both ways by going through Adam. You're going to love the setup...just started logging on E30 last night and the car just keeps getting stronger and stronger. And that's with 85-90 degree ambient temps and a lot of humidity.

Rhinopolis

I am checking with Pumaspeed to make certain that their small bore tubular manifold will have no issues mating to the X37, and if all things are equal I want to pair with the X37 to see if it produces any low rev gains over the stock manifold with the X37.

Off topic, would I be doing any unforeseen (by me) harm if I had the tubular manifold and catted downpipe ceramic coated? I don't want to heat wrap, and I would prefer to send the two pieces (catted DP and PS tubular manifold) to be coated and to help control underhood engine temps.

Any reason that I am not aware of and why this wouldn't be a good idea?

I'm also planning to ceramic coat both in future, will definitely be beneficial for heat and doing inside of downpipe will increase flow as well. Just not going to do inside of manifold as they obviously developed the flow so don't wana mess with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #48
So far it's going well. I haven't been able to get any datalogs this entire week because it's just been raining nonstop and insanely hot/humid. Hopefully get it ironed out within the next couple days. As it sits, the car feels awesome and it's a night and day difference between now and stock turbo. Awesome bang for the buck IMO

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
So far it's going well. I haven't been able to get any datalogs this entire week because it's just been raining nonstop and insanely hot/humid. Hopefully get it ironed out within the next couple days. As it sits, the car feels awesome and it's a night and day difference between now and stock turbo. Awesome bang for the buck IMO
That's awesome, I might be pulling the plug on this in a couple of months. Getting ready for my summer wedding atm.
Would love to hear a clip of this with your CPE turboback!

I have received a HUGE amount of orders for these and unfortunately it pushed the wait time to about 2-3 weeks as I have to wait for cores to come back to send out to get uprated. I sold 10 in 2 weeks, and waiting on a bunch of cores to come in to send out.

I have all pending orders scheduled to ship by the end of next week, and a new batch of turbo's to come in the following week after that. The wait time will be shorter once the initial shock of an awesome turbo wears off so they will be readily available or will have access to them in short time.

Feel free to email me any questions you may have regarding the turbo, and lead times.

info@adamtuned.com

As mentioned above the $65.00 off an lifetime E-tune purchase is no longer available as it was something I was offering with the first batch to get some more feedback on the forums. Well, it worked and now I'm backed up. However if you order the turbo, tune, and actuator together I do offer a $30.00 discount.

OP
M
Thread Starter #51
That's awesome, I might be pulling the plug on this in a couple of months. Getting ready for my summer wedding atm.
Would love to hear a clip of this with your CPE turboback!
I'll try to get a few clips together soon.

Hi Folks,

Newbie here. I read through this entire thread and could not stop until I finished. I only have 91 here, but I am definitely interested in this upgrade, and wanted to bounce some questions off you guys. I am looking for a smooth, conservative and reliable option and would appreciate more power than stock (usable power, in daily driving/commute). Would anyone recommend skipping the MP215 and shooting directly for the X-37?

It sounds like, at minimum, I'll need the X-37 turbo kit and a tune? Is there anything else that should be done at the same time (maybe IWG and actuator?) to marry everything together and for convenience? Can Adam tune remotely?

Is the X-37 essentially a 'rebuilt' version of our stock Turbo (or is it a brand new Turbo unit)? In this first case, is there any concern for reliability with a Turbo that is essentially rebuilt with some old components? My apologies for the newbie questions.

Cheers!

Edit: Through research I found the answer to one of my questions. Looks like Adam's tunes can be done remotely via data-logging and revisions. No need to be physically near him or dyno tune, which is great!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Hi Folks,

Newbie here. I read through this entire thread and could not stop until I finished. I only have 91 here, but I am definitely interested in this upgrade, and wanted to bounce some questions off you guys. I am looking for a smooth, conservative and reliable option and would appreciate more power than stock (usable power, in daily driving/commute). Would anyone recommend skipping the MP215 and shooting directly for the X-37?

It sounds like, at minimum, I'll need the X-37 turbo kit and a tune? Is there anything else that should be done at the same time (maybe IWG and actuator?) to marry everything together and for convenience? Can Adam tune remotely?

Is the X-37 essentially a 'rebuilt' version of our stock Turbo (or is it a brand new Turbo unit)? In this first case, is there any concern for reliability with a Turbo that is essentially rebuilt with some old components? My apologies for the newbie questions.

Cheers!

Edit: Through research I found the answer to one of my questions. Looks like Adam's tunes can be done remotely via data-logging and revisions. No need to be physically near him or dyno tune, which is great!
It's best to have supporting mods (IC+CBE+DP) Etc
To use Adams Actuator is your best bet as he does insist it works well with cyborg turbos or stock
And yes it's a stock turbo that's been beefed up to better handle the output of power it puts out

Reliability is always in the hands of the owner , Adam has tuned many many cars and he's respected in that regard and as any good tuner , will work out 'what it is you're looking for' so to speak. I myself will be looking into this in the future!!

OP
M
Thread Starter #55
It's best to have supporting mods (IC+CBE+DP) Etc
To use Adams Actuator is your best bet as he does insist it works well with cyborg turbos or stock
And yes it's a stock turbo that's been beefed up to better handle the output of power it puts out

Reliability is always in the hands of the owner , Adam has tuned many many cars and he's respected in that regard and as any good tuner , will work out 'what it is you're looking for' so to speak. I myself will be looking into this in the future!!
Regarding the Tune+ actuator, ensure that you're getting the proper spring for the X-37. Apparently I got a softer spring for whatever reason, and now I have to pull everything apart again to change it and start the whole tuning process over again because it's not holding enough boost at higher RPMs.

Also, get a quality intercooler. It's especially critical because you'll be pushing the limits of a stock frame turbo and moving warmer air. If I had to do it again, I would at the very least go with the DHM factory fit intercooler, but more likely the DHM race intercooler if you don't mind changing to a non DOT approved crash bar.

Rhinopolis

Regarding the Tune+ actuator, ensure that you're getting the proper spring for the X-37. Apparently I got a softer spring for whatever reason, and now I have to pull everything apart again to change it and start the whole tuning process over again because it's not holding enough boost at higher RPMs.

Also,get a quality intercooler. It's especially critical because you'll be pushing the limits of a stock frame turbo and moving warmer air. If I had to do it again, I would at the very least go with the DHM factory fit intercooler, but more likely the DHM race intercooler if you don't mind changing to a non DOT approved crash bar.
How do you confirm that you have the correct spring? I have the Tune+ upgraded WGA, and is that not what you have/had before installing the X37 as well? This doesn't sound serious and strikes me as more of an inconvenience, and I would like to know if I need to adjust my current WGA before I start the X37 tuning process.

I have a Cobb FMIC plus Cobb charge pipes, and I guess we will see if this system will be sufficient or not with the X37. This system does a good job with charge air temps on my current setup, and in 99F Houston temps yesterday afternoon I was seeing only +5F over outside ambient via my AP.

EDIT - I revisited some datalogs, and I am +10-12F over ambient while doing WOT 2500 rpms to 6700 rpm logs in 3rd gear and on my current pre X37 setup.

OP
M
Thread Starter #57
The MTC supposedly uses the same core as Cobb, and it does perform very well. The DHM coolers do perform better though, and I'm just nitpicking at this point.

You can ask Adam about the spring...he checked my order history and told me which spring I had.

Rhinopolis

I emailed Adam about the spring, and looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you get things sorted out.

How do you confirm that you have the correct spring? I have the Tune+ upgraded WGA, and is that not what you have/had before installing the X37 as well? This doesn't sound serious and strikes me as more of an inconvenience, and I would like to know if I need to adjust my current WGA before I start the X37 tuning process.

I have a Cobb FMIC plus Cobb charge pipes, and I guess we will see if this system will be sufficient or not with the X37. This system does a good job with charge air temps on my current setup, and in 99F Houston temps yesterday afternoon I was seeing only +5F over outside ambient via my AP.
I run the cobb intercooler with this turbo, temps are well under 20F over ambient.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk