Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

Pete

I rev the car to 7,300rpm max, anything higher you will run into issues.

His car has a small taper in power up top because he is using a lighter spring in the actuator. I just shipped out 4 turbo's today all with my upgraded actuator pre-installed and pre-loaded exactly how I prefer to hold boost all the way to redline. MS67's car is about 3-4psi short up top compared to the other cars I tune, which is where the big power comes in. On MS67's car I have the timing coming up when boost comes down to make up for some of the power. If we can get the boost and some good timing in there it would break 290whp.
Thats awesome I would be happy with 7300 rpm versus shifting at 6k right now on track. I have one of your first batches of wastegates. Would I have to change the spring if I were to run the x37? I plan on upgrading at the end of the year. Plus I want to see how it does in person (installing one for a friend when he recieves his). This also reminds me I need to get a datalog and send it to you for new revisions as I changed my intercooler to the dhm one. Charge temps don't move at all its crazy. Also what do you think the power difference would be running e30 vs race fuel 110 octane on the x37.

Rhinopolis

Yessir, 4 came in and 4 went out. 5 coming in tomorrow, and 5 going out. Plus a bunch more on order! Need you guys to get some cores back to me or let me know ASAP if you aren't going to be sending back a core!
I'm not sure how long it will take me to install my X37 plus DP as I will be working on the car a little at a time and when I am able to. I definitely plan to send my core back to you, and I can envision be finished with the install early the 1st full week in July. Perhaps sooner? I'll send the core back via UPS and I'll email you the tracking once it goes out.

Thats awesome I would be happy with 7300 rpm versus shifting at 6k right now on track. I have one of your first batches of wastegates. Would I have to change the spring if I were to run the x37? I plan on upgrading at the end of the year. Plus I want to see how it does in person (installing one for a friend when he recieves his). This also reminds me I need to get a datalog and send it to you for new revisions as I changed my intercooler to the dhm one. Charge temps don't move at all its crazy. Also what do you think the power difference would be running e30 vs race fuel 110 octane on the x37.
You will not have to change the spring, you are good to move it right over to the X-37. You wouldn't see much of a difference between E30 and 110oct, but we can sure try it as long as it is unleaded.

I'm not sure how long it will take me to install my X37 plus DP as I will be working on the car a little at a time and when I am able to. I definitely plan to send my core back to you, and I can envision be finished with the install early the 1st full week in July. Perhaps sooner? I'll send the core back via UPS and I'll email you the tracking once it goes out.
I think you will be surprised how fast you will be able to do the swap. You will work on it a little, and be 50% done lol.

Pete

You will not have to change the spring, you are good to move it right over to the X-37. You wouldn't see much of a difference between E30 and 110oct, but we can sure try it as long as it is unleaded.
If I didn't just book a vacation to costa rica I would be ordering one now hahaha. So I'll have to wait. Maybe a birthday present to myself in november :) happy the wastegate just switches over.

Took me 7 hours to take out the gay tp turbo and install the x37 by myself no rush. If u had stock turbo in car it should be much quicker.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Rhinopolis

I has the analysis paralysis, and sometimes simple stuff takes me a bit. I might be slow, but I gets it done..lol

I haven't seen an answer to this but what sort of power could you expect running the X-37 and stage 2 (where I'm at now) or 3 using 91 octane only. I don't want to go to a different gas combo and 91 is all we have round here. Just wondering if it's worth it I can afford it but don't want to waste money either

Anyone know these torque specs?

Exhaust manifold to head, turbo to manifold, and downpipe to turbo?

I haven't seen an answer to this but what sort of power could you expect running the X-37 and stage 2 (where I'm at now) or 3 using 91 octane only. I don't want to go to a different gas combo and 91 is all we have round here. Just wondering if it's worth it I can afford it but don't want to waste money either
Almost every combo has proven results on my website where you can purchase the turbo. Just scroll down to the bottom.

http://adamtuned.com/collections/20...-blade-hybrid-turbocharger-for-2014-fiesta-st

I have made as high as 255whp on 91oct, but that was pushing it. This was on a dyno that puts a 91oct tuned bolt on (stock downpipe) Fiesta at 190whp.

Anyone know these torque specs?

Exhaust manifold to head, turbo to manifold, and downpipe to turbo?
Should all be around 30ft/lbs, but German spec will do - guedentite.

My X37 will be arriving tomorrow! I plan on doing the install myself this weekend. First time ever doing something this complicated, but between MS67's very detailed post and sourskittles guide, I think it will be easily doable. I did the intercooler and DP myself, can't stop there!

Adam, plan on me shipping my core back sometime next week.

Can someone confirm the exact size of the downpipe/turbine housing bolts? I want to get some backups.

OP
M
Thread Starter #114
A friend of mine who has the same mods raced a Mazdaspeed 3 with a GTX3071R tonight. Unknown what other mods the MS3 had, but the Fiesta had 2 occupants, a full tank...and was full of groceries. Search YouTube for "X37 Fiesta ST vs GTX3071r Mazdaspeed 3" and you'll see it.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
A friend of mine who has the same mods raced a Mazdaspeed 3 with a GTX3071R tonight. Unknown what other mods the MS3 had, but the Fiesta had 2 occupants, a full tank...and was full of groceries. Search YouTube for "X37 Fiesta ST vs GTX3071r Mazdaspeed 3" and you'll see it.
Damn the fist stayed pretty strong! Maybe a win if it was only the driver?

OP
M
Thread Starter #117
Possibly. The MS3 gained momentum while the FiST spun 2nd gear. Another run was done from a 3rd gear roll in which the FiST put 1 car length on the MS3 initially and held it there.

Rhinopolis

Hats off to Adam for bringing us the X37. For the money and what it offers us on stock fueling, I don't believe that there's any better uprated hybrid turbo. Noth throwing any stones at any other options because there are a lot of nice options from reputable vendors.

I'll reserve final judgement for after install and after having the X37 for a period of time, but Pumaspeed is reputable and the results from the X37 are speaking for themself so far. Nice work Tune+

My X37 will be arriving tomorrow! I plan on doing the install myself this weekend. First time ever doing something this complicated, but between MS67's very detailed post and sourskittles guide, I think it will be easily doable. I did the intercooler and DP myself, can't stop there!

Adam, plan on me shipping my core back sometime next week.

Can someone confirm the exact size of the downpipe/turbine housing bolts? I want to get some backups.
Everything that just got tracking will get a second box and it will include all the gaskets. I overlooked them when I shipped them out because I was in such a rush to get them out. I walked out in the garage for the first time in 2 weeks and noticed a huge pile of OEM Ford gaskets laying there and I said "Oh cock...".

Sorry if it delays anybodies install!

DP bolts are M8 x 1.25.
Thank you!

Possibly. The MS3 gained momentum while the FiST spun 2nd gear. Another run was done from a 3rd gear roll in which the FiST put 1 car length on the MS3 initially and held it there.
Would of had a solid win and continuous pulling if there was some more wastegate spring there ;)

Ford Community Posts