Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST owners in the Portland, OR area ???

XanRules

I try to be very nice and accommodating too and my first experience was fine. Everything else, not so much.

I brought the car in last Monday for a roof leak due to the rear sunroof seal not being installed at the factory. They patched it up and sent me on my way. At some point the headliner began to get crinkled and cracked, either from water damage or from being removed. I called them when the car got home and asked if they'd replace the headliner and they said "of course, no problem." This was supposed to be last Thursday. Wednesday night as I left work, the car popped a CEL for a P0446. I called and let them know I wanted this looked at, too. They said it wouldn't be a problem.

I bring the car in on Thursday evening and I get a different service manager. The dealership is 20 miles away so I can't get a shuttle. They won't give me a loaner. They don't have the headliner. And since they didn't mark me down as "waiting" for the car, there are a few people in line ahead of me for the CEL and I may need to leave the car with them. So I take it home to reschedule. I call Ford Customer Relations to gripe, they refer me to the head service manager. When I finally get him on the phone, he says "well, the tech says the car came in disassembled." I told him I removed the D-Pillar to sop up the water that was pouring into it but didn't touch the headliner outside of showing the service manager where it was wet. He says "well, that's what the tech says, he says it came in with the headliner taken down." As he is telling me this I'm looking at my service record from the first appointment that says that the dealership removed and reinstalled the headliner to seal the sunroof.

Anyway, he says they'll need to get photos of the headliner to submit to Ford for a warranty claim.

We agree that I will bring the car back in on Monday night (last night). So I do. I get the car back and the service guy says that the P0446 was from the evap canister sensor coming unplugged.
"unplugged?"
"Yeah. I mean, it's exposed, but there's really no way to get to it unless you know where to look."
"Like it doesn't just come unplugged?"
"Nope. Somebody's messing with your car, dude."
"Messing with it?"
"Yeah, someone would have had to unplug that manually."
"Weird. It just popped on when I got in my car after work."
"It would have taken a day or two to show up."
at this point I remember that my car had been in their shop two days before this light came on, being worked on by the same tech who says I removed my own headliner, and it's unlikely someone crawled into my garage or the muddy street in front of work to unplug my evap canister in the interim. I take my keys and go home.

Just waiting to hear back from Ford now on the warranty claim, but, long story short, fuck Landmark.

I try to be very nice and accommodating too and my first experience was fine. Everything else, not so much.

I brought the car in last Monday for a roof leak due to the rear sunroof seal not being installed at the factory. They patched it up and sent me on my way. At some point the headliner began to get crinkled and cracked, either from water damage or from being removed. I called them when the car got home and asked if they'd replace the headliner and they said "of course, no problem." This was supposed to be last Thursday. Wednesday night as I left work, the car popped a CEL for a P0446. I called and let them know I wanted this looked at, too. They said it wouldn't be a problem.

I bring the car in on Thursday evening and I get a different service manager. The dealership is 20 miles away so I can't get a shuttle. They won't give me a loaner. They don't have the headliner. And since they didn't mark me down as "waiting" for the car, there are a few people in line ahead of me for the CEL and I may need to leave the car with them. So I take it home to reschedule. I call Ford Customer Relations to gripe, they refer me to the head service manager. When I finally get him on the phone, he says "well, the tech says the car came in disassembled." I told him I removed the D-Pillar to sop up the water that was pouring into it but didn't touch the headliner outside of showing the service manager where it was wet. He says "well, that's what the tech says, he says it came in with the headliner taken down." As he is telling me this I'm looking at my service record from the first appointment that says that the dealership removed and reinstalled the headliner to seal the sunroof.

Anyway, he says they'll need to get photos of the headliner to submit to Ford for a warranty claim.

We agree that I will bring the car back in on Monday night (last night). So I do. I get the car back and the service guy says that the P0446 was from the evap canister sensor coming unplugged.
"unplugged?"
"Yeah. I mean, it's exposed, but there's really no way to get to it unless you know where to look."
"Like it doesn't just come unplugged?"
"Nope. Somebody's messing with your car, dude."
"Messing with it?"
"Yeah, someone would have had to unplug that manually."
"Weird. It just popped on when I got in my car after work."
"It would have taken a day or two to show up."
at this point I remember that my car had been in their shop two days before this light came on, being worked on by the same tech who says I removed my own headliner, and it's unlikely someone crawled into my garage or the muddy street in front of work to unplug my evap canister in the interim. I take my keys and go home.

Just waiting to hear back from Ford now on the warranty claim, but, long story short, fuck Landmark.
I am really sorry to hear that has happened to you. I hate being jerked around by dealerships. I now document each and every conversation I have with dealership if there is ever a warranty claim or there is ever a chance for he said she said shenanigans. Oregon is a one-party state so you can record conversations without them having to give their consent. I would record all conversations over the phone, and converse as much as you can over email so you have documentation of what was said by who and when.

I live less than 10 minutes from Landmark so if you are ever in a bind, I can come pick you up and take you where you need to go. You can PM me and I can get you my number. I would be more than happy to help out however I can.

Sean

Zormecteon

I've been having all my work done at Courtesy... They have been .. .... adequate.. I've only heard good about Landmark until now and hadn't considered Damerow... Please keep me (us) posted about experiences at L and D.

THANX

XanRules

For what it's worth, I've been advised that the service manager I was having trouble with at Landmark appears to have been fired. The first guy I worked with is helping me out again. He's been great on follow-up and was super apologetic that the ball got dropped. Depending on how this gets handled, Landmark may continue to get my business.

XanRules

Landmark called today, Ford has approved the headliner replacement, all parts have been ordered. Good communication. Now that the last guy is out I can recommend them once more. :)

XanRules

Would anyone be willing/able to help me do some mudflaps at some point when the weather is good? I have ramps and can generally do the work myself, but need jacks/jack stands to do mudflaps since the wheels have gotta come off. Will trade for six pack or help you with any project you need an extra hand with!

Would anyone be willing/able to help me do some mudflaps at some point when the weather is good? I have ramps and can generally do the work myself, but need jacks/jack stands to do mudflaps since the wheels have gotta come off. Will trade for six pack or help you with any project you need an extra hand with!
I would be willing to help out. I am still not the MOST mechanically inclined but I am learning! I would definitely be willing to help you out however I can. Do you have an idea when you would like to get these installed?

Let me know!

~Sean

XanRules

I would be willing to help out. I am still not the MOST mechanically inclined but I am learning! I would definitely be willing to help you out however I can. Do you have an idea when you would like to get these installed?

Let me know!

~Sean
I'll look at the forecast and let you know! I just need a jack, stands, and a torque wrench/breaker bar, I think I have the rest of the tools needed.

I'll look at the forecast and let you know! I just need a jack, stands, and a torque wrench/breaker bar, I think I have the rest of the tools needed.
I have a jack, jack stands, and a torque wrench! I think we should be covered!

Which part of PDX are you in? I'm in the Garden Home area.

Hey all! I too bought my new fiST from Courtesy ford. What a great experience that was. As for service, hands down Landmark. I worked there in the service depot for ~5 years. I know most of the service techs, advisors, and managers quite well! You guys do any local meets around here?

Hey all! I too bought my new fiST from Courtesy ford. What a great experience that was. As for service, hands down Landmark. I worked there in the service depot for ~5 years. I know most of the service techs, advisors, and managers quite well! You guys do any local meets around here?
Was wondering that too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zormecteon

I bought mine from Courtesy and have been taking it there for service. I have not been unsatisfied, but I have only been satisfied. I've been hoping to find someone better, most especially since the last time I went to Courtesy they have gone to "Fast Lane" service. .. Again they were satisfactory, but that's all. I had heard Landmark before ... tell me what makes them better other than that you know the guys? ..

I bought mine from Courtesy and have been taking it there for service. I have not been unsatisfied, but I have only been satisfied. I've been hoping to find someone better, most especially since the last time I went to Courtesy they have gone to "Fast Lane" service. .. Again they were satisfactory, but that's all. I had heard Landmark before ... tell me what makes them better other than that you know the guys? ..
Well other than just knowing the guys, which I think is actually a huge perk knowing who is working on your car, Landmark is way closer than Courtesy for me. Another big perk like stated before is their service dept is open till midnight which very nice to have with my busy schedule. Also having worked there iv been able to see first hand that Landmark has been willing to help out customers even when Ford has turned their back. One thing I can think of is tune ups on 3 valve 5.4s. Prone to spark plug seizing in the head and snapping off while trying to change them out. Resulting in having to extract and hela coil each one. In no way the dealerships fault but when you have 8 cylinders to do it can get spendy pretty quick. Iv seen Landmark personally pay for each seized one to help the customer out.

Zormecteon

I'm up in Kelso, so Landmark is WAY further for me. For me to switch to Landmark... .. I think I may give them a shot next servicing.

XanRules

Attention:
Driver of the Magnetic 2017 with black wheels that parks occasionally on 26th and Clinton
and
Driver of the Magnetic 2017 with black wheels that parks on 31st and Clinton

I am the driver of the Magnetic 2017 with black wheels that parks on 33rd and Clinton.

Let's do lunch.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Attention:
Driver of the Magnetic 2017 with black wheels that parks occasionally on 26th and Clinton
and

I am the driver of the Magnetic 2017 with black wheels that parks on 33rd and Clinton.

Let's do lunch.
Well, I'm the '17 Magnetic w/black wheels that's in Hillsboro/Cornell area during the work day/week and I'm pretty sure I saw another FiST on lunch the other day... but if any of you other guys want to meet up on weekends let me know!

XanRules

I just gotta leave notes on these dudes' cars, we're all a few blocks away at work apparently.

Attention:
and

Let's do lunch.
Lol, eerily similar.

Welcome to all the new people! Seems like we have a solid number of enthusiasts in the area. Occasionally I see another Molten Orange car in the Salmon Creek area. If you're on here, WASH YOUR DAMN CAR!

Ford Community Posts