Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST owners in the Portland, OR area ???

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Lol, eerily similar.

Welcome to all the new people! Seems like we have a solid number of enthusiasts in the area. Occasionally I see another Molten Orange car in the Salmon Creek area. If you're on here, WASH YOUR DAMN CAR!
I know I'm getting a car wash today after work, you know we had to wait out that tiny bit of rain! :)

So if anyone has any ideas for a meetup/rally day, let's hear it, but it's a nice summer here that's barely beginning, August is usually a good summer doldrums time to plan stuff...

I know I'm getting a car wash today after work, you know we had to wait out that tiny bit of rain! :)

So if anyone has any ideas for a meetup/rally day, let's hear it, but it's a nice summer here that's barely beginning, August is usually a good summer doldrums time to plan stuff...
See my reply in the other PDX Meet thread. I think I will actually copy that post and just create a new thread to make it more official.

I am here in Garden Home/SW Portland area. I have a 2015 Oxford White. I take my car to Landmark for everything, though I haven't really had any problems. I bought my car from Courtesy but never liked dealing with them. I like Landmark because their service department is open 6AM-Midnight and because they have treated me reasonably well (as dealers go). I have never had a Ford dealer that treated my car with a TON of respect, though Landmark does a better job than most. I try to be overly nice and accommodating and that seems to have worked out well for me.

I would love to organize a drive once the weather is better. I've done a few drives with the Miata club (best friend has a Miata) and there are some great roads that would be great to try out.
You don't happen to work in the Hillsboro area, do you?

Well, I'm the '17 Magnetic w/black wheels that's in Hillsboro/Cornell area during the work day/week and I'm pretty sure I saw another FiST on lunch the other day... but if any of you other guys want to meet up on weekends let me know!
If it was a Performance Blue 15, it might have been me. I got a rack and a basket

danbfree

3000 Post Club
If it was a Performance Blue 15, it might have been me. I got a rack and a basket
I don't. I work in SW Portland. Did you think that you saw me?
Just wanted to say hi real quick, I've been in the main forum since I got my car in February but just discovered our regional thread here a couple of weeks ago after chatting with [MENTION=7743]Speedboosted[/MENTION] for a few weeks now through some of the main forum friends and I think I first saw Xan on FB with one of his epic headlight knowledge bomb posts :).... Does anyone know of any *local* FB groups still active? I'm on the big ones "FiST's of Fury", Fiesta ST Nation" and FisT, FoST and RS parts and discussion"... plus with the forum here and another less active one out there, seems like all our knowledge is too spread out.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
OK, it was coming off the side road from CP to Cornell near the Shell station, I was turning to go to Orchard Park for lunch hour disc golf... Always good to meet more enthusiasts in the area to meet up with!

Just wanted to say hi real quick, I've been in the main forum since I got my car in February but just discovered our regional thread here a couple of weeks ago after chatting with [MENTION=7743]Speedboosted[/MENTION] for a few weeks now through some of the main forum friends and I think I first saw Xan on FB with one of his epic headlight knowledge bomb posts :).... Does anyone know of any *local* FB groups still active? I'm on the big ones "FiST's of Fury", Fiesta ST Nation" and FisT, FoST and RS parts and discussion"... plus with the forum here and another less active one out there, seems like all our knowledge is too spread out.
Awesome! Yeah I am not in Hillsboro too terribly often. My Fiesta ST is pretty easy to spot as it's probably the only OW in the area with no front plate, holes or otherwise. If you see that, it's likely me!

Xan and I have met up a few times and are likely going to be arranging something for the summer time!

Zormecteon

Taking mine in today to Landmark Ford for 50,000 mile servicing. I've only gone to Courtesy Ford so far so this will be a new experience. I've heard good things so far about Landmark. While I have never been dis-satisfied with Courtesy, I've never been more than satisfied. I've heard also that Landmark is mod-friendly. We'll see.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Taking mine in today to Landmark Ford for 50,000 mile servicing. I've only gone to Courtesy Ford so far so this will be a new experience. I've heard good things so far about Landmark. While I have never been dis-satisfied with Courtesy, I've never been more than satisfied. I've heard also that Landmark is mod-friendly. We'll see.
I've never bought from Landmark but due to their service hours I have brought previous Ford's in to them and have pretty much always been pretty happy with how I was treated despite not buying there. I even had a Focus with the shit transmission and they took good care of me, no BS run-around like a lot of dealers apparently did with the DCT issues, ran the test and did complete overhaul done in 3 days... But yeah, if you are an enthusiast and go in there with a positive attitude and sounding knowledgeable, they will take good care of you.

Moby022

Welcome all, I bought a 18 magneticfist, black stock wheels last month at Kendall Ford. Iā€™m in Canby for work and see a White fist ST next to my job site. Last week I saw A magnetic ST car like mine in Albany, you zipped to a left turn lane on 99 highway as I passed by, definitely not many STā€™s around here!

XanRules

Anyone got an exhaust shop they like? As I've mentioned in another thread, I think the cheapest I've been quoted, for labor, for a resonator swap is about $100. If that's the going rate, that's fine, but I'll be astounded if that's actually the going rate given that I paid $125 for a custom axleback a couple years ago in Atlanta (I realize Atlanta's a less expensive city than Portland but that's a HUGE difference and I'm CHEAP).

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Anyone got an exhaust shop they like? As I've mentioned in another thread, I think the cheapest I've been quoted, for labor, for a resonator swap is about $100. If that's the going rate, that's fine, but I'll be astounded if that's actually the going rate given that I paid $125 for a custom axleback a couple years ago in Atlanta (I realize Atlanta's a less expensive city than Portland but that's a HUGE difference and I'm CHEAP).
My MagnaFlow glasspack arrives Thurs, I believe, I'll let you know who I find to do it cheap...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Cool, thanks! My resonator came in last night, still haven't decided on a muffler.
Right on, since I'm an old fart comparatively, I decided to just do stock muffler to glasspack swap and leave factory resonator alone to start with, but will definitely be replaced with Vibrant or something else if I need more sound... Glasspack arrives tomorrow, I may just hit up a cheap muffler shop in Hillsboro after work Friday.

XanRules

Right on, since I'm an old fart comparatively, I decided to just do stock muffler to glasspack swap and leave factory resonator alone to start with, but will definitely be replaced with Vibrant or something else if I need more sound... Glasspack arrives tomorrow, I may just hit up a cheap muffler shop in Hillsboro after work Friday.
Yeah, I'm looking for "slightly, slightly more volume and a better tone." Every aftermarket exhaust I've heard for this car has been too loud for me.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah, I'm looking for "slightly, slightly more volume and a better tone." Every aftermarket exhaust I've heard for this car has been too loud for me.
Yep, that's me too, sounds like Vibrant res and muffler for you... of course since you have the res first, doesn't hurt to start with that... anyway, I thought my traction bar had arrived on Monday and glasspack this Thurs but it's actually reversed, I couldn't tell the difference based on the shipping box, hehe... So first quote was $75 minimum through Master Muffler, they have locations in Hillsboro, Beaverton, Tualatin and St. Johns... I might even just go to "El Mofles", since I habla Espanol just enough, the Latino owned shop guys are usually really cool with me and hook me up.

XanRules

Silly me taking French in school. I'll tell you what, if I was gonna drive up to Montreal they'd hook me UP