Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST owners in the Portland, OR area ???

Hmmm, I do know the first 3 model years had stiffer shocks/struts but also thinner front sway and rear torsion beam than the last 3 model years... if you are allowed to add one sway bar you could add one to the rear since the front already has one... Cat back doesn't even help at all with our tiny stock turbo, believe it or not, unlike almost any other car its pretty much not a restriction whatsoever... But yeah, I would like to try it out next season and it would be cool to meet up sometime, there is the WORST (Western ORegon ST's) group that has meet ups for runs, etc., they have a group on FB you can follow if you want an invite to it... Mostly FoST guys but definitely some FiST's too and the FoST guy are cool about it and like our FiST's too, hehe...

And as far as actual safety recalls, there is just that one on all '14's and early '15's, so again, should be easy to tell by the coolant tank lines if it's been or not... Besides the change from hard plastic that can get brittle and break over to the soft rubber lines they also add an overheat sensor and lower 180 degree thermostat, which all are very much needed, sour radiators are terribly undersized.
Yeah, after discussing with the guy that won Nationals last year, I picked out an early version car for the stiffer springs. He ran stock front sway/no rear, others have played with RSBs with success, but to start I am following the national champions formula. Only reason I would do a cat-back is to be able to hear what the motor is doing, its so quite right now. AND to save weight, if that's possible without spending 1700 for the Titanium exhaust. I may build my own catback out of aluminum tubing, then swap on stock during non-event times. This is an extra car, so corrosion etc are not a concern to me.

Thanks for the heads up on the Western ORegon ST's, but not finding them searching. Is it a hidden group?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yeah, after discussing with the guy that won Nationals last year, I picked out an early version car for the stiffer springs. He ran stock front sway/no rear, others have played with RSBs with success, but to start I am following the national champions formula. Only reason I would do a cat-back is to be able to hear what the motor is doing, its so quite right now. AND to save weight, if that's possible without spending 1700 for the Titanium exhaust. I may build my own catback out of aluminum tubing, then swap on stock during non-event times. This is an extra car, so corrosion etc are not a concern to me.

Thanks for the heads up on the Western ORegon ST's, but not finding them searching. Is it a hidden group?
If your car is that quiet it sounds like it may have had a Symposer delete done? In that case, hell yeah, it really needs at least a muffler swap to glasspack to hear anything and removing the front muffler/res also saves weight as well... But send me a PM with your name and I'll invite you to the group, I do think it's private, yep it is, it's simply called WORST so if you can' see it I can invite you... has over 600 members all here in Western Oregon!

If your car is that quiet it sounds like it may have had a Symposer delete done? In that case, hell yeah, it really needs at least a muffler swap to glasspack to hear anything and removing the front muffler/res also saves weight as well... But send me a PM with your name and I'll invite you to the group, I do think it's private, yep it is, it's simply called WORST so if you can' see it I can invite you... has over 600 members all here in Western Oregon!
I looked at the car at lunch, appears to still have the SYmposer in it. So maybe not totally quiet, but compared to my C4 with 450hp and a Borla exhaust its quite. ;-)

Joined the group, so will check it out, thanks!

Hey, I was doing some service stuff this weekend as the car has 100k miles, plugs, coolant, filters.
A) that cabin filter is a joke. "just jam it in, it will be fine"

B) the small (1/4"?) lines are hard plastic, but the large line is rubber. Is that correct, or is that what needs to be fixed?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Hey, I was doing some service stuff this weekend as the car has 100k miles, plugs, coolant, filters.
A) that cabin filter is a joke. "just jam it in, it will be fine"

B) the small (1/4"?) lines are hard plastic, but the large line is rubber. Is that correct, or is that what needs to be fixed?
Since I have a '17 I can't say for sure, but if you mean that you couldn't just pop the tank up and set it to the side while still connected as there is any hard line coming off the coolant tank itself, then yes, you need to get in for the recall. And of course that is a safety thing not related to warranty at all so it's all free and you'll be much better off having it done.

I'd love an invite if this is still a thing!

Figured I'd ask if anyone here that has experience to tell me if my car is bone stock or not, any insight would be legit. Got 27.8k on the car now. Don't quite know all the normal sounds as this is my first turbo car. But I'd imagine it is clean. I'd also like to meet some FiST local owners. Had a few random drop by on my way to the tire shop. :)

Figured I'd ask if anyone here that has experience to tell me if my car is bone stock or not, any insight would be legit. Got 27.8k on the car now. Don't quite know all the normal sounds as this is my first turbo car. But I'd imagine it is clean. I'd also like to meet some FiST local owners. Had a few random drop by on my way to the tire shop. :)
Hey, welcome!

I was going to ask if you got the 16 in wilsonville, but it has over 100k on it. The place I have found the most members is on the FB group WORST (Western Oregon RS/ST owners).

You can find me at a local SCCA or Bridge City Autocross. If you don't know autocross, well you now own one of the best cars in the area for it! I got top PAX time on the last 2 events of the season.

New to this thread but I'm also a local PDX-er and just started down the rabbit hole of mods. Currently waiting on my exhaust and a few parts before installing an S280.

Can any of you recommend a shop for the install? I'd like to find a shop that I can trust. I worked with PRE in Portland for my Mustang but most shops seems to be Subaru-oriented here. Wish I had the space and tools to do what I could myself but I'm afraid a shop is my best option.