Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 FiST with Nav - Low/No Volume through speakers with bluetooth iPhone connection

Waterfan

So the MyFordTouch online resources were a waste of time for me. Also did not find an existing thread for this. (my searching skills may suck)

Has anyone experienced low or no volume when picking up a call or using google maps navigation in the car with an iPhone (which appears to be connected via bluetooth)?

If so, do you know what went wrong and/or remember how you fixed it?

Other context: I rarely take phone calls in the car but somewhere in the last 1 month or so it went from awesome and perfect to frustrating and useless. I don't even know what setting I might have accidentally screwed up, on either my iPhone or FiST.

Thanks in advance.

These guys are thinking what I'm thinking, but because you're saying the navigation directions through your iphone are low, that it is phone-dependent, not SYNC-dependent.

I'd double check in your phone's Settings > Maps and see what the "Navigation Voice Volume" is set at.

For calls, see if you can adjust the call volume on the phone using the rockers on the side of the phone. Call volume is also independent or music/SYNC volume, so you may need to increase the Fiesta volume during the call to fix this.

OP
Waterfan

Waterfan

Thread Starter #6
Thanks all.

Yes, phone volume (side rocker) is always max.

Phone Map setting to "Normal" (no sound setting for Google Maps)

BT audio separate from Radio/stereo? OK, thanks, I'll try to test with phone-BT-Pandora and use the wheel volume control.

OP
Waterfan

Waterfan

Thread Starter #7
Thanks all.

Yes, phone volume (side rocker) is always max.

Phone Map setting to "Normal" (no sound setting for Google Maps)

BT audio separate from Radio/stereo? OK, thanks, I'll try to test with phone-BT-Pandora and use the wheel volume control.
Yeah, operator error. Independent BT volume was ~25%. Comfortable BT listening volume for me is closer to 50%.

Thank you all for pointing out what should have been obvious :)

Glad to hear it's sorted!

FYI, you can also independently control the Fiesta's SYNC voice, so if the car's voice when asking for/confirming voice commands is too low/high, you can adjust the steering wheel/console volume to raise/lower volume.