Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SEPA Meet

rexdriver85

I'm down! The park sounds like a great idea. If we can snag a grilling spot we can BBQ also!

Austin I still have your USB drive, don't worry. [emoji13][emoji106]

OP
Muldoon
Thread Starter #23
Austin I still have your USB drive, don't worry. [emoji13][emoji106]
Haha, I forgot all about that.

Alright guys, sounds like we're good for the 17th! I'm out of town for the next few days, but I'll reserve a pavillion for us. It'll be the first annual Fiesta ST Grill & Chill!

Should we do this potluck style?

Bump! Looking forward to the meet and greet! Would be awesome to make this a quarterly event as well.

Also if any of you haven't checked out my work, head over to my page Facebook.com/shadowedimagery

OP
Muldoon
Thread Starter #25
Bumpity.

I didn't forget about this. I was on vacation out of the country since last Sunday then came back to a hectic weekend at work. I'll be following up with the parks department tomorrow about renting a pavilion.

So this happened today...

I swing by the Philly Outlets to visit Muldoon and use my Hot Cash (and I always park by his ST), and when I come out, they've multiplied! [shameful]

Totally impromptu, unplanned, (unattended, really) meetup by myself, Muldoon, and FastCoolBlue! Our cars are so excited for the 17th they couldn't wait!

Speaking of the 17th - what are we doing about food? Muldoon mentioned potluck - we can bring a dessert, if others want to sign up for other food stuff (pasta salad, hamburgers, buns, etc).

OR we can just get there, see how many have shown up, and order pizza?

Whatcha' all think?

Attachments

Unfortunately I missed you Atomic but I did get to meet Muldoon.

I actually like the pizza idea and then people can bring any desserts or snacks they want.

Appreciate you getting the pavilion reserved, Muldoon. I can toss some cash your way to help toward the cost. Did you explain this would be a car meet to the park staff? What were their concerns (besides burn-outs, blaring music, etc)?

How many people are actually going to show up for this? I see 10 individuals posting in this thread; maybe some of them will bring along a friend/spouse/etc...that may bring it closer to 20 people.

Food-not too picky here. Cannot go wrong with pizza, but seems a shame to waste having grille availability at the pavilion. I could grab some Bubba burgers, chicken/turkey burgers, and veggie burgers at Target if needed.

You had me at Buff...

Looking forward to the event! But 1 thing... Can someone or should I, make a Facebook event page?

There were LOTS of Fiesta ST's spotted when I shot Clean Culture. Some may be on here, but forums are a rare form anymore.

OP
Muldoon
Thread Starter #31
[MENTION=5129]Nitelife[/MENTION] - I appreciate the offer for cash, but I'm happy to cover that as my contribution to the "potluck." I told them it was a "friend reunion," I figured car meet would've been rejected for the reasons you mentioned. I'm sure we are all adults, and also adult enough to kick anybody out who decides a burn-out is a fun idea.

I said we would have approximately 25 people, but our pavilion can easily hold 40 with room to spare. It's a public park with many tables surrounding the pavilion if more people end up showing up. Everybody I talked to was super friendly and flexible.

My vote is to light meat on fire! I'm also good with whatever though. Burgers would be much appreciated. That would bring us up to buff dip, deserts, and burgers being covered. If somebody could get buns, somebody for drinks (unfortunately no alcohol is allowed), and somebody for a big bag of charcoal I think we'd be in business.
[MENTION=5331]Shadowed.Imagery[/MENTION] - I nominate you as tribute. You are by far the best person I know at networking on FB. I would love to do it, buuuuut I don't FB so well. Is that cool?

I second the nomination of Shadow for FacePlace Tribute! I'm only on Instagram, and that's only because of Shadow...

Hopefully we can get a firm number of people, that way we know how much dessert to bring! [party]

My car is clean now, can I not drive it til next Sunday??

Sam4

I second the nomination of Shadow for FacePlace Tribute! I'm only on Instagram, and that's only because of Shadow...

Hopefully we can get a firm number of people, that way we know how much dessert to bring! [party]

My car is clean now, can I not drive it til next Sunday??
No matter what, I think our wheels get dirty just sitting there!

Yeah, I'll create the event meow.

Advise: I know I'll have some Focus ST owners asking to join... I need thoughts!

I'm all for burning things that can be made delectable! I'll see come mid-week what everyone has planned to bring so I can plan accordingly

rexdriver85

Last year I went to a FoST meet because there was simply nothing going on around here with the FiST. Things changed a lot in a year, lol.

I was one of 2 FiST out of about 25 to 30 attendees, all were very cool people, and welcoming.

OP
Muldoon
Thread Starter #38
My only concern about having a group of people none of us really know is if they would respect the venue. Initially I was going to post something on the focus st boards too, but I decided that I didn't feel like juggling that. But the FB event seems like it would take care of that.

I'm somewhat indifferent if we have the Focus guys come out, but I would prefer we were at least familiar with them. If it's mostly the same group that Mark said were cool, then I think that's fine. I'd love to have more like-minded enthusiasts, especially if they're as solid as Mark says. Plus, they can bring the drinks!

HOWEVER - I want at least one picture with all of the Fiestas, and only the Fiestas, damnit. I have been itching for a photoshoot with a black focus though.

We'll see what the FB event ends up looking like. A handful of (seemingly) cool focus guys is one thing, it getting around to every ford st owner in the tri-state is another. I don't think it'll get out of hand this close to the event.

If we end up not liking them maybe it'll turn into some kind of epic brawl like in the Warriors. Focuses, come out to playyy-eeeee-ayyyyy!

I asked because A LOT of the groups on Facebook are ST dedicated. Not to mention the one group I joined is a nice mix of Tri-staters and, count them, 2 RS owners being out of Whitehall.

I personally love the fiesta's but it seems the ST is more of prominent standard vs separating the body styles. I can always do separate groups, turn this into the 40's and segregate the cars. Thats not a problem, but my idea is maybe you fiesta guys can convince the focus owners to change their ways. Come over to the dark side.

Do your part and share it around on Facebook!

I've shared it in the Tri-State ST group (its only 65 members and might get some new faces out) and on the Fiesta ST group.

I need a list of the potluck so far to update the event