Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Heater-Service bulletin

C. love

Jumped in the car this morning and the heater wouldn't work. The blower motor wouldnt turn on at all. Turns out snow crept in through the fresh air intake vents and literally froze the motor up. Apparently there is a new vent or screen needed so this doesn't happen. So if your heater stops working and its been snowing out this is probably why

Perry

Jumped in the car this morning and the heater wouldn't work. The blower motor wouldnt turn on at all. Turns out snow crept in through the fresh air intake vents and literally froze the motor up. Apparently there is a new vent or screen needed so this doesn't happen. So your heater stops working and its been snowing out this is probably why
Is there a TSB or similar out about this?

OP
C

C. love

Thread Starter #3
TSB that's the damn acronym I wanted to use but I couldn't think of lol. So yes

OP
C

C. love

Thread Starter #5
I hate snow and cold passionately lol. If it weren't for several major factors keeping me here I would be gone. Heater wise I was pretty mad when I jumped it and the heater didn't even come on. It was -2F this morning when I got in the car even driving it to the dealer was pretty miserable even though they are just a few miles away

Great info, thanks a lot.

I'll point it out to my advisor next time, hopefully they can add/change that part before I have any issue.

How long has Ford been building cars with heaters and fans and fresh air intakes...................seems like a really unusual issue.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thanks for the headsup. This reminds me, should we setup a TSB forum?

Thanks for the headsup. This reminds me, should we setup a TSB forum?
Agree...we probably need a TSB thread...sticky. I wouldn't call issues requiring a TSB as maintenance...it is usually a factory defect or miscalibration that requires the manufacturer's corrective action. You might want to include recalls in that thread.

Perry

Agree...we probably need a TSB thread...sticky. I wouldn't call issues requiring a TSB as maintenance...it is usually a factory defect or miscalibration that requires the manufacturer's corrective action. You might want to include recalls in that thread.
I propose that we place two sticky threads under Maintenance & Troubleshooting: one each for TSBs and Recalls. Primarily due to the distinctive nature of each. TSBs are often purely advisory, sort of "in case you run into this" sort of things, whereas recalls are a "you shall do this" sort of affair. Whilst neither would be likely to have high traffic, except of course when there are especially troubling issues actively being addressed, each are of high and lasting importance.

That's my nickle-and-dime (two cents adjusted for inflation from 50 years ago).

Is there a TSB or similar out about this?
Yes the TSB number is 14-0021.

The TSB states that some 2011-2014 Fiesta vehicles may exhibit a lack of heat resulting from a frozen blower motor. This may be caused by snow entering through the cowl top area. Snow may melt allowing water to enter the blower motor and refreezes during a below freezing overnight soak. The blower motor fuse at location F4 in the power distribution box may also be open and the cabin air filter may be water saturated.

The service involves replacing the cabin filter and installing the updated cowl screen. Depending on how much moisture has gotten into your system the fuse and resistor way also be replaced.