Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Filled OEM engine mounts group buy

Trader history for frankiefiesta (0)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Block of wood, floor jack, take the weight off the mounts by jacking up the engine a bit, move the washer tank out of the way, remove top aluminum section, remove bottom section, replace in reverse order leaving bolts a bit loose until all together then tighten up, overall a pretty easy job.

I got creative with mine and using a step bit and others drilled a bunch of material out of the aluminum top section, looks cool but also took off around .25lbs, a lot of work for .25lbs but doing a whole car approach as I work on things adds up to significant weight savings.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
I highly recommend these mounts as I have filled many mounts over the years and am running both side mounts I filled with 70 durameter urethane and they have a bit of a rumble at idle but I actually like it, very nice on the road, the 60's are likely to give same benefits and a bit smoother.

They will save money and a bit of weight over the alternative mounts being offered and I would have not qualms running these as have used my own in different vehicles for years including racing with great success.

I am still tuning the new turbo so cannot tell how well they have cured the massive torque steer I had with the EFR donky kick in the mid 4k range on a stock passenger side, modded drivers side(not nearly as good as filing turned out to be) but it was at times dangerous it was so wild, fun though, I kind of miss it. I am sure it will be far better now.

------------------

Does the pricing include new mounts or a core charge, refund, etc......? If not perhaps more would jump on board and spread the word on this if you could do something to help get more sold and reviewed.

Thanks for making these available:)

Rick
Price includes new mounts shipped to your door! I thought about doing a core refund, but it would be low, and not sure how many would be interested. Guess I could throw that up as an offer though. I'm not making a ton of money on these at this price, but I would do core refunds to generate some interest.

Thanks for the kind words rick

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
How difficult is it to replace the passenger side mount?
The side mounts in these cars are cake. The hardest part is taking the battery out for drivers side mount. I'll make a step by step how to video this weekend and post it. I could probably do all three mounts in an hour. Might take 20 mins each mount for an Inexperienced installer

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I just want to thank you once again for volunteering one of your rear motor mounts. I can't wait to test it out.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
I just want to thank you once again for volunteering one of your rear motor mounts. I can't wait to test it out.
I have it boxed up and am shipping it out to you today. I know I said yesterday, but I wanted to double check there would be no fitment issues so I put it on my car to see haha.. Think I got the placement down, it fit perfectly

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Added three videos to show vibrations at idle, with AC on, and on a short drive. I can make another longer video while I'm driving but I will need to have my girlfriend or brother record it.. Don't recommend trying to record and drive at the same time lol

How to videos will be posted this weekend.
[MENTION=4046]LilPartyBox[/MENTION] if you don't mind, please just let people know your thoughts of how my car rode. I had in the boomba RMM and my two side mounts filled

I think it would be very interesting to see how the 60 duro filled compares to the 70/60 set up of the CP-E.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So i drove Frankie's beast last night.

And there were vibes. But the good kind. The kind that immediately created a sense of connection to car. They became secondary to the driving experience and soon fade into the background. At idle, it felt like it vibrated a bit more than the Cobb RMM + A/C vibrations. I liked it but to be honest, i think i'd like it more with my Cobb RMM. That boomba is one of the stiffer options.

Enough about the vibes. How did it drive?! Him and i both have short shift kits. His shift action was SO much smoother. The little crunch i get going into second or third on my car wasn't there in his. Not even a hint of it.

Some mounts are so stiff that it feels like the engine is shaking apart or harming itself in some way. These are a nice middle ground.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Glad you like them and great review. With the dozens if not hundreds of mods I have done to this car I can hardly believe I over looked this very important one for well over two years since I have done this on other cars for many years.

Another advantage often over looked is with stiffer mounts the power that was being wasted twisting up the stock mounts is now going to the wheels making the car a little faster. Also the gain in response on and off throttle, feedback and input improvement, reduced strain on the drive train, lots of benefit fr a bit more noise felt more at idle with the ac on....

Since I did not buy or mod my car to sit and idle, instead maximize the driving experience, the idle bit means nothing to me except I like it a little and my lady loves the car and mods as well:)

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Very neat job with the mounts frank. I am running Flexane 80 in both trans side and engine mounts thanks to one of Ricks threads.
No improvement in Torque steer that I can notice unfortunately :(

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
Very neat job with the mounts frank. I am running Flexane 80 in both trans side and engine mounts thanks to one of Ricks threads.
No improvement in Torque steer that I can notice unfortunately :(
I barely get torque steer at the moment.. That will change soon though ;)

These filled mounts really helped with wheel hop though. I went to the track with just the trans side mount in and it was great

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Next mod to help would be stiffer control arm bushings but might need a custom passenger side drive axle to match the same amount of twist as the much shorter drivers side.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Next mod to help would be stiffer control arm bushings but might need a custom passenger side drive axle to match the same amount of twist as the much shorter drivers side.
That's coming, stiffer bushes I mean. There's no doubt filling these mounts definitely reduces wheel hop. The engine movement the OE mounts allow is really excessive imo. I use to get a horrible bang sometimes, that gone now.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
Just so everyone knows. I chose 60a for comfort. I can also do 80a and 94a durometer urethane

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I think I said I had used 70, it was 80 and not bad at all, barely noticable when driving.

94 is for a race car, nearly solid, did that once and it was very harsh, had to drill and cut it out and redo with 80.

I have never seen the 60 listed so have never used it, might better for those with more concern with noise though the 80 is not getting any complaints from my wife so must not be to bad:)

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
I think I said I had used 70, it was 80 and not bad at all, barely noticable when driving.

94 is for a race car, nearly solid, did that once and it was very harsh, had to drill and cut it out and redo with 80.

I have never seen the 60 listed so have never used it, might better for those with more concern with noise though the 80 is not getting any complaints from my wife so must not be to bad:)
Yeah, personally I would choose 80. I have read a lot of complaints on the forum about vibrations from RMM so I decided to make the them 60 for comfort. Vibrations are barely noticeable.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
Any questions or concerns? Wondering why there is no interest. Lack of reviews? Price? Because I'm not a vendor? I really think once people start using these they will become popular. Just takes a few brave ones to try them out :)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
It might be buyers want pretty parts to dress up the engine bay more, bragging rights.......I consider performance above all else and a fairly simple but clean engine bay is easier to keep clean, etc, not many pretty parts for me though I did get the aluminum expansion tank for long term reliability it was also a little bling...

Your prices are very good considering using new factory parts and as mentioned less weight than the other option, less cost, does the job just fine...

You may have to look into offering a core charge deal on them, buy some used ones to get started, etc....mentioned as well.