Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Filled OEM engine mounts group buy

Trader history for frankiefiesta (0)

TempeST

Thanks for the update [MENTION=952]frankiefiesta[/MENTION], don't worry about mine. I can wait, I have a few current projects going on anyway. So waiting for September is not a problem with me. You can fill others orders if need be. I may have my stock rear mount I can send you to help someone else out. Just let me know if you need it and I'll send it your way when I get back from vacation

TempeST

You may also want to make a post in the TTR mounts page that you would buy some peoples old mounts. I know a few people who have bought them and id bet they have their stock mounts laying around. maybe a few of the people would go for letting you have them if you pay shipping.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
1) look for used mounts at car-parts.com, used is not big deal on low mileage parts that are going to be modified to be far stiffer than stock ever was.
2) as mentioned core charges on orders that can work out
3) standard Fiesta mounts might be fine as well, probably the same thing but if softer not a big deal
4) 80 might be best, mine get easier to live with every time I drive the car, barely notice them

Glad you are doing this, just might need to change a few things to make it more viable for those wanting to get them:)

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
You may also want to make a post in the TTR mounts page that you would buy some peoples old mounts. I know a few people who have bought them and id bet they have their stock mounts laying around. maybe a few of the people would go for letting you have them if you pay shipping.
I've done that before. Most people either tossed the OEM mounts or won't sell them

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #67
1) look for used mounts at car-parts.com, used is not big deal on low mileage parts that are going to be modified to be far stiffer than stock ever was.
2) as mentioned core charges on orders that can work out
3) standard Fiesta mounts might be fine as well, probably the same thing but if softer not a big deal
4) 80 might be best, mine get easier to live with every time I drive the car, barely notice them

Glad you are doing this, just might need to change a few things to make it more viable for those wanting to get them:)
I'm looking all over. Checked with someone I know working in ford parts. He said passenger side mounts available. Trans mount and RMM on back order. I also checked Tasca, eBay, and another ford parts website. I'll check the one you mentioned.

Regular fiesta mounts LOOK similar, but there are some minor differences. I'm thinking of buying a set just to see if they will work.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I just wanted to post my review because I finally was able to install mine today.

The mount itself is quality! I assume it was a brand new or slightly used factory mount. The filling is nice and very well done, not sloppy at all. Install is easy as cake because it is a stock mount, afterall. I noticed upon startup that I wasn't getting that light vibration that I was getting with my Breedt RMM which is solid billet aluminum. Once I started driving, I was amazed at how much it felt like the other mount, but without the vibration or sound reverb from the other mount being a solid piece of metal. There is the tiniest amount of vibration but I'm betting it will break-in very quickly.

Overall this is exactly what I wanted. The feel of a solid RMM when driving and putting down the power but the comfort of stock. This is the best of both worlds for those who want the same thing. I fully support this product and all members that want one should support the community and grab one of these! Thanks to [MENTION=952]frankiefiesta[/MENTION] for letting me try this for him and allowing me to give my opinion.

Here were some comparison pics of stock vs filled.

me32

1000 Post Club
I just wanted to post my review because I finally was able to install mine today.

The mount itself is quality! I assume it was a brand new or slightly used factory mount. The filling is nice and very well done, not sloppy at all. Install is easy as cake because it is a stock mount, afterall. I noticed upon startup that I wasn't getting that light vibration that I was getting with my Breedt RMM which is solid billet aluminum. Once I started driving, I was amazed at how much it felt like the other mount, but without the vibration or sound reverb from the other mount being a solid piece of metal. There is the tiniest amount of vibration but I'm betting it will break-in very quickly.

Overall this is exactly what I wanted. The feel of a solid RMM when driving and putting down the power but the comfort of stock. This is the best of both worlds for those who want the same thing. I fully support this product and all members that want one should support the community and grab one of these! Thanks to [MENTION=952]frankiefiesta[/MENTION] for letting me try this for him and allowing me to give my opinion.

Here were some comparison pics of stock vs filled.

Thanks for the review

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #73
I'm going to try and figure out a way to make transmission side mount inserts. It will be a cheaper option and will help when mounts are on back order..

I will put you down, but a problem has come up.
[MENTION=2641]PhoenixM3[/MENTION] [MENTION=3180]TempeST[/MENTION] [MENTION=5208]SirThomas88[/MENTION]

Went to order the mount other day and apparently RMM and trans mounts are on back order until September from ford. I'm going to email a few places tomorrow and stalk eBay and try to find the mounts needed. If I can't get them all ill unfortunately have to cancel some orders. I have some mounts, but not enough to do everyone. Hopefully I can find some for sale online
No worries. I'm not in a hurry. I just wanted to jump on this group deal now while I can!

Thinking about adding a trans side mount to the order as well... hmm.. dunno yet. Do you think the trans would be more beneficial than the passenger side mount to combine with the RMM, if I had to choose one or the other?

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #75
No worries. I'm not in a hurry. I just wanted to jump on this group deal now while I can!

Thinking about adding a trans side mount to the order as well... hmm.. dunno yet. Do you think the trans would be more beneficial than the passenger side mount to combine with the RMM, if I had to choose one or the other?
I put the trans side mount in my car first for a few weeks. It made a nice difference.

Both the trans and passenger side mounts have a lot of play in them so either one will help!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I would go with both.

The passenger side moves more in a rotational motion but can move forward and back a bit as well and is horribly soft so absolutely needs changed.

The drivers side moves less but still significantly, there is approx 1/4" gap at the top and 1/8" in the front and rear before the rubber even touches the mount top and it allows rotation.

I originally built just a new top for the drivers side that eliminated the gaps and it helped but when filling the passenger side I put a little pry bar into the drivers side and it still moved far more than expected so I filled it as well.

I just today found this thread. Happy that you're doing this. To bad about the supply problems

Please ad me to your list for a RMM with 60 fill. It'll be my first mod.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #78
I just today found this thread. Happy that you're doing this. To bad about the supply problems

Please ad me to your list for a RMM with 60 fill. It'll be my first mod.
You got it bob! I'll keep everyone updated. RMM are easier to come across so I think I'll be able to fill all of those orders relatively soon