Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Filled OEM engine mounts group buy

Trader history for frankiefiesta (0)

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #101
[MENTION=3180]TempeST[/MENTION] [MENTION=2674]WingZero[/MENTION] [MENTION=1258]LT Berzerker[/MENTION] [MENTION=2641]PhoenixM3[/MENTION] [MENTION=3110]BronxBomber[/MENTION]

Regular fiesta mounts came in today. There are a few differences, but overall, they can be made to work.

The passenger side mount is the same except for the top piece, and the bolt appears to be a different size. Going to take other bolt off and compare tomorrow.

My solution to the back ordered mount would be to fill the hydraulic part of the mount, and you guys would just reuse your top piece. I would take $15 off the price and that would bring the price to $110 shipped. As long as the bolts are not a different thickness this will work. What are your guys thoughts?

Fiesta ST mount on left, regular fiesta on right.

The transmission side mount is also mostly the same as the ST version of the mount. As you can see, there is only 2 holes for bolts on the regular fiesta mount, compared to 3 holes on the ST version. I tried hammering out the bracket, but it didn't work. They got that thing in there good lol.

I'm going to fill the mount, make sure the holes line up, and test the trans side mount for safety. I do not think there will be any issues with this mount. The only difference is 1 less bolt. Any thoughts, opinions, questions? I want all of those interested involved in this. If you guys would rather wait until mid September/early October for the ST mounts we can wait. I was just looking for a quicker solution.

[MENTION=5208]SirThomas88[/MENTION] [MENTION=3729]slowcord[/MENTION] [MENTION=4495]BobMaxed[/MENTION]

The regular fiesta RMM is almost identical to the fiesta ST rear motor mount. I'm going to fill this one, put it on my car, and make sure fitment is good. Once confirmed, I'll order more to make and fill your guys order. Expect your mounts to be ready by mid August.

TempeST

My question is, what are the weight differences on ST trans and side mount compared to the Non-ST ones. if you have a way of measureing them. they do look as if they would work. if they are lighter it may work out better to use them. My only concern would be the rigidity of the Non-ST mounts with a higher Powered ST like I should have VERY soon

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #104
My question is, what are the weight differences on ST trans and side mount compared to the Non-ST ones. if you have a way of measureing them. they do look as if they would work. if they are lighter it may work out better to use them. My only concern would be the rigidity of the Non-ST mounts with a higher Powered ST like I should have VERY soon
I'll weigh them for you, but I doubt they'll be that much lighter.

TempeST

Hey if they are lighter that's a good thing. but still only worry about the rigidity of them.

TempeST

Awesome! I mean I didn't get one but that's awesome for people who did! Can't wait to try these mounts put you got for me! Whoo! P.s. You should have my stock RMM early this week. If you haven't gotten it already. Dang Hawaii shipping is either 2 weeks or 2 days.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #109
Awesome! I mean I didn't get one but that's awesome for people who did! Can't wait to try these mounts put you got for me! Whoo! P.s. You should have my stock RMM early this week. If you haven't gotten it already. Dang Hawaii shipping is either 2 weeks or 2 days.
No big deal!

I'm trying to get to all the mounts, but we've had a heat wave 90+ degrees every day for past 2 weeks.. It's nuts. Sweat my ass off at work and then don't have the energy to go to the garage to work on the mounts.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #110
Here is [MENTION=2641]PhoenixM3[/MENTION] initial review of RMM and trans mount

Okay, initial impressions on installing FrankieFiesta's filled RMM and the transmission mount. He and I pm'd a couple of times regarding the shipping and payment of the items and the fact that the upper mount is on back order. Rather than install just the RMM or the transmission mount, and evaluate them individually, I installed both and here is my initial assessment: NVH on the softer of the two (I ordered 60) fills is pretty significant over stock. The FiST wasn't a Lexus to begin with, but I could immediately hear and feel more through the Recaro, pedals, steering wheel, but not too much through the gearshift knob. I haven't been on any spirited runs yet, but look forward to it. Vibration in the lower rev range (1200 - 1500) is a bit annoying - think 2nd gear around a slow corner in town, but is something I can get used to. The whirring, purring, mechanical noises of the engine are more prominent, but not obnoxious. I haven't had the car over 70MPH yet, so I'll update as I get more "stick time" with the new mounts. One thing I immediately noticed was the steering feel transmitted more steady state feedback of the road surface. Another was the "yo-yo-ing" of the drivetrain is gone, which is good. The firmer feel and slightly more connected feel I have with the car is a decent tradeoff for the increase in NVH. I was told that some break in may occur within a couple weeks which is good too. To me, bottom line, an improvement for the money which gives the car a little more "buzzy" feel which gives it a little more edgy racy attitude. More later. Ciao!

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #112
I read you were still waiting for RMMs to come in. Feel free to send me a PM once you have them in stock.
Currently filling/test fitting a regular fiesta rear motor mount. I mentioned it in a previous post. They are almost identical. As lon as it fits and works ok, I'll order a bunch to fill your's and others orders. :)

TempeST

No big deal!

I'm trying to get to all the mounts, but we've had a heat wave 90+ degrees every day for past 2 weeks.. It's nuts. Sweat my ass off at work and then don't have the energy to go to the garage to work on the mounts.
I'm in no rush bud, still trying to get my build squared away. i got time. so take your time. no worries.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #114
I have one drivers side mount filled with 60a urethane ready to be shipped on Monday! $125 shipped. PM me if interested.

Thomas I messaged you when I had some RMM's and never got a response from you :(

Next time I have a few rear motor mounts I'll make sure you get one.
Hmm. I thought I had replied to your message... Ok! My mistake. Been crazy busy with work, haven't even thought about it until yesterday!

When do you expect you'll have more?

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #118
Hmm. I thought I had replied to your message... Ok! My mistake. Been crazy busy with work, haven't even thought about it until yesterday!

When do you expect you'll have more?
Back ordered from ford until September. Trying other sources. Will keep you up to date

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Quick question what affect is any would winter temps have on the stiffness of the material? Talking 0 and lower (my typical is -20f). Did you get a chance to get some install notes?

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #120
Quick question what affect is any would winter temps have on the stiffness of the material? Talking 0 and lower (my typical is -20f). Did you get a chance to get some install notes?
I'm sorry, I don't know any info on how extreme coldness would affect the stiffness. The coldest it gets for me in the north east US is 0-10F, and that's the extremely cold days, very rare. I usually see temp 20-35 degrees in the winter. Negative 20F? No idea.

I've only been using the mounts since spring time. I made them, tested for a few thousand miles, and then decided to offer it to others. My main concern was safety. I didn't want to sell mounts to people and have them break. Mine have been sturdy enough thusfar. Others that have used my mounts haven't complained either, so I guess they're doing ok.

I can make some install pictures/videos if needed. I assume you are interested in the two side mount install? Everyone knows how to do a RMM, don't they? Lol

If you're interested in them, i could send you some mounts to test out in the harsh Canadian winter. Would have to wait for them to be in stock again.