Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Filled OEM engine mounts group buy

Trader history for frankiefiesta (0)

It does look pretty awesome! I would upgrade to it, but I'm working on my own custom big turbo kit. Precision 4831b turbo, custom sheepey built manifold, stratified aux fuel. Going to have to have custom downpipe made, and the intake and charge pipe will be fun to figure out, but I'll get it sorted. Check out my build thread for all the details
Sounds great! Can't wait to see the results

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #163
Have a RMM that came out bad, I didn't want to ship it to the person who bought it, so I'm replacing his with a new one. I'm willing to let this one go for $60 shipped. The metal settled weird, but I don't think it will be a problem to install. The tab where the bracket goes is also broken but bracket still fits. Third picture shows the errors.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Long ago, [MENTION=952]frankiefiesta[/MENTION] asked me about testing out these mounts before he went live with them. You're probably thinking, "damn, why are you just now saying something?" Well, here's the deal: these were installed along with my built engine. This post is, in essence, four months late due to many delays. Anyway, here we are today, and I've got about 3000 miles on these mounts. From engine break-in, to WOT pulls, hours on the dyno, 1/2 mile and 1/4 mile racing, and road trips.

As Frankie has pointed out, the benefits are as advertised. I have yet to experience ANY wheel hop under any WOT conditions and shifting is always solid affair. This translates to better shifts as shifting is less vague due to less powertrain movement.

He is also correct in the cons. Although not unlivable, there are some noticeable vibes from idle until about 2krpm +/- a few hundred rpm. But, I have good news for you! They settle in. In fact, they settle in so much that you even notice them after the break-in. At this point, the vibes feel like a brand new Cobb RMM.

All in all, they're a great DIY product if you don't want to do it yourself. Frankie is offering a great service here.

Thank you, Frank. I def appreciate these mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Do you have all of his mounts? I am considering getting the upgraded transmission mount. Very happy with my RMM.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #168
[MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION] thanks for the review, added it to the first page of thread.

PhoenixM3

I have Frankie's RMM and transmission mount and have a bit more vibration than I'd care for. I will see if I can adjust the transmission mount in order to reduce the vibration at idle. I've got about 2000 miles since I installed both mounts and think that they're likely as broken in as they'll get. Stay tuned...

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #171
Is there a thread on how to do this ourselves anywhere?
Don't think so but it's pretty easy. Especially the transmission mount.

Trans mount:
Take mount out
Duct tape flat side
Fill voids with urethane
Let it dry for 2-3 days
Reinstall

Passenger side mount
Take out mount
Cut rubber from bottom
Drain oil
Gut rest of mount
Drain rest of the oil
Fill bottom with urethane
Let dry for at least 1 day
Put mount on a vise grip
Use fillable caulk tube to inject top portion of mount
Let dry for at least 2-3 days
Reinstall

This is pretty simple to do yourself. Most people cannot have their cars down for a few days though. Which is why I offer this aervice

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #172
I have Frankie's RMM and transmission mount and have a bit more vibration than I'd care for. I will see if I can adjust the transmission mount in order to reduce the vibration at idle. I've got about 2000 miles since I installed both mounts and think that they're likely as broken in as they'll get. Stay tuned...
Hey jeff I'm sorry to hear that you aren't satisfied. I'll look into getting a softer urethane for you. If I can get some 40a ureathane would you be interested in an exchange?

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #174
Appreciate the offer. Let me see if I can adjust it first. I did get 60, right?
Yes, 60a is what I sent you. I'm not even sure if the company I get the urethane from sells 40a. I sent them an inquiry email and will update you when they reply. Let me know how the adjustment works

I understand completely why you do what you do, and it's a great thing for sure. I'm going to pick up a stock RMM off of someone on here and buy some of the liquid urethane from Energy Suspension, just not sure if I want to do the 60 or 80 hardness. It seems straight forward enough, so not too worried about it. Then after it cures, I'm going to swap them out and do the one from my car and sell it to recoup the cost. Not super worried about the other mounts quite yet.

Thank you for your input man. I always love seeing what you do on the forums for the community.

Don't think so but it's pretty easy. Especially the transmission mount.

Trans mount:
Take mount out
Duct tape flat side
Fill voids with urethane
Let it dry for 2-3 days
Reinstall

Passenger side mount
Take out mount
Cut rubber from bottom
Drain oil
Gut rest of mount
Drain rest of the oil
Fill bottom with urethane
Let dry for at least 1 day
Put mount on a vise grip
Use fillable caulk tube to inject top portion of mount
Let dry for at least 2-3 days
Reinstall

This is pretty simple to do yourself. Most people cannot have their cars down for a few days though. Which is why I offer this aervice

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #176
I understand completely why you do what you do, and it's a great thing for sure. I'm going to pick up a stock RMM off of someone on here and buy some of the liquid urethane from Energy Suspension, just not sure if I want to do the 60 or 80 hardness. It seems straight forward enough, so not too worried about it. Then after it cures, I'm going to swap them out and do the one from my car and sell it to recoup the cost. Not super worried about the other mounts quite yet.

Thank you for your input man. I always love seeing what you do on the forums for the community.
For the RMM I burn out the rubber with a torch and then fill it. I get my urethane from energy suspensions. 60a for comfort, 80a for more performance.

I always tell people 60a is comparable to a Cobb RMM once it breaks in

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Idk just put filled oem mounts by frankiefiesta or something like that
Upper and transmission mounts by Frankiefiesta?

Frankie fiesta filled mounts ?

New jerseys finest mounts?

CraZy thing is , they're already in Toronto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk