Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Filled OEM engine mounts group buy

Trader history for frankiefiesta (0)

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
mounts are currently in stock from Ford. Accepting orders until further notice

I have been working on these for a few months and finally feel confident enough to offer this to others. I wanted to make a product that is affordable to everyone, but also performs well and is durable enough to last. [MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION] will be testing the mounts so they can give their opinions and reviews. I wanted a proven product, not just me saying it's good and expecting everyone to believe me.

Benefits
-wheel hop virtually eliminated
-crisper shifts
-less engine movement during shifting
-a must for those serious about racing or who want a better driving experience

Cons
-added vibrations, I'm not going to lie to you all and tell you the mounts do not add vibrations. From idle to 1750 RPM's there is a noticeable vibration. It is not unlivable, but it's a reality when dealing with stiffer mounts. I chose 60a durometer to keep the vibrations tame, but also perform better than stock. Check the videos in the next post.

Transmission side mount $135
Passenger side mount $135
Rear motor mount $110 (no longer available)
All prices include shipping. Compare my price to the other side engine mounts on the market.

These are examples of the filled mounts. I can polish and paint them if wanted, but one sits under the battery and the other under the coolant resivior, so it is not really needed because they are out of sight. I painted and polished the one I sent to Hijinx just as an example of what I can do. Painted flat black with polished aluminum

If you have any questions please feel free to ask or PM me. Payment accepted through PayPal. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
stock trans mount before filling
https://youtu.be/UHfzMeuQUXw

Trans mount after filling
https://youtu.be/OHT5goAYglA

Stock passenger side mount before filling
https://youtu.be/E5dlzgog_Ac

Passenger side mount after filling
https://youtu.be/qkk4pQpgmXQ

All three mounts filled, vibrations at idle
https://youtu.be/0JZXYDaYo9s

All three mounts filled, vibrations at idle with AC on
https://youtu.be/2G3xxdWz_jA

Short drive vibrations
https://youtu.be/Kjkufi4-uPQ

Review of mounts

Here is [MENTION=2641]PhoenixM3[/MENTION] initial review of RMM and trans mount

Okay, initial impressions on installing FrankieFiesta's filled RMM and the transmission mount. He and I pm'd a couple of times regarding the shipping and payment of the items and the fact that the upper mount is on back order. Rather than install just the RMM or the transmission mount, and evaluate them individually, I installed both and here is my initial assessment: NVH on the softer of the two (I ordered 60) fills is pretty significant over stock. The FiST wasn't a Lexus to begin with, but I could immediately hear and feel more through the Recaro, pedals, steering wheel, but not too much through the gearshift knob. I haven't been on any spirited runs yet, but look forward to it. Vibration in the lower rev range (1200 - 1500) is a bit annoying - think 2nd gear around a slow corner in town, but is something I can get used to. The whirring, purring, mechanical noises of the engine are more prominent, but not obnoxious. I haven't had the car over 70MPH yet, so I'll update as I get more "stick time" with the new mounts. One thing I immediately noticed was the steering feel transmitted more steady state feedback of the road surface. Another was the "yo-yo-ing" of the drivetrain is gone, which is good. The firmer feel and slightly more connected feel I have with the car is a decent tradeoff for the increase in NVH. I was told that some break in may occur within a couple weeks which is good too. To me, bottom line, an improvement for the money which gives the car a little more "buzzy" feel which gives it a little more edgy racy attitude. More later. Ciao!
I just wanted to post my review because I finally was able to install mine today.

The mount itself is quality! I assume it was a brand new or slightly used factory mount. The filling is nice and very well done, not sloppy at all. Install is easy as cake because it is a stock mount, afterall. I noticed upon startup that I wasn't getting that light vibration that I was getting with my Breedt RMM which is solid billet aluminum. Once I started driving, I was amazed at how much it felt like the other mount, but without the vibration or sound reverb from the other mount being a solid piece of metal. There is the tiniest amount of vibration but I'm betting it will break-in very quickly.

Overall this is exactly what I wanted. The feel of a solid RMM when driving and putting down the power but the comfort of stock. This is the best of both worlds for those who want the same thing. I fully support this product and all members that want one should support the community and grab one of these! Thanks to [MENTION=952]frankiefiesta[/MENTION] for letting me try this for him and allowing me to give my opinion.

Here were some comparison pics of stock vs filled.

Long ago, [MENTION=952]frankiefiesta[/MENTION] asked me about testing out these mounts before he went live with them. You're probably thinking, "damn, why are you just now saying something?" Well, here's the deal: these were installed along with my built engine. This post is, in essence, four months late due to many delays. Anyway, here we are today, and I've got about 3000 miles on these mounts. From engine break-in, to WOT pulls, hours on the dyno, 1/2 mile and 1/4 mile racing, and road trips.

As Frankie has pointed out, the benefits are as advertised. I have yet to experience ANY wheel hop under any WOT conditions and shifting is always solid affair. This translates to better shifts as shifting is less vague due to less powertrain movement.

He is also correct in the cons. Although not unlivable, there are some noticeable vibes from idle until about 2krpm +/- a few hundred rpm. But, I have good news for you! They settle in. In fact, they settle in so much that you even notice them after the break-in. At this point, the vibes feel like a brand new Cobb RMM.

All in all, they're a great DIY product if you don't want to do it yourself. Frankie is offering a great service here.

Thank you, Frank. I def appreciate these mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had these mounts for a week and they break in just fine! Don't even notice them at times, just here and there.

Biggest improvement I've felt is the shifting, no more vagueness. That's worth the mount(s) upgrade alone, when I felt the stock mounts myself.... no wonder it shifted like SHIT and felt disconnected at times..

Solid buy from a solid guy

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
In your opinion, how does the filled stock rear motor mount compare to aftermarket in terms of feel and vibrations? I'm intrigued and interested in this.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
In your opinion, how does the filled stock rear motor mount compare to aftermarket in terms of feel and vibrations?
It's not bad at all. I am actually looking for someone to test one because I've only used it along with my other filled mounts. If anyone is interested in trying one out (for free! And you can keep it!) please message me. I want other people to give reviews on them as well, not just myself. So if anyone wants a free RMM message me!

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I now have two people that are going to test the RMM and give a review. Look for reviews of my mounts in the upcoming weeks. I can only say they work, and they're great for reducing wheel hop.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I'm looking forward to seeing if it will have reduced vibrations compared to aftermarket RMMs. This could be a great compromise for those who don't need the more racing oriented mounts on their daily drivers.

Any guess what the durometer (stiffness) of these would be?

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I'm looking forward to seeing if it will have reduced vibrations compared to aftermarket RMMs. This could be a great compromise for those who don't need the more racing oriented mounts on their daily drivers.

Any guess what the durometer (stiffness) of these would be?
I use 60a durometer polyurethane for all the mounts. I could probably make them even softer, but then you're compromising the performance of the filled mount.

Definitely interested in your RMM. Sign me up, I'll take one. Spending $75 is much preferable to the more expensive options.

I'm curious how stiff this RMM is compared to other popular choices such as Cobb.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I'm betting this RMM will feel much better than the aftermarket upgrades because it's not solid billet like most of them are.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Definitely interested in your RMM. Sign me up, I'll take one. Spending $75 is much preferable to the more expensive options.

I'm curious how stiff this RMM is compared to other popular choices such as Cobb.
Will do. Look out for some reviews from the testers, but if you buy it and are not happy I'll be happy to replace it or refund your money. That goes for all the mounts

Will do. Look out for some reviews from the testers, but if you buy it and are not happy I'll be happy to replace it or refund your money. That goes for all the mounts
I appreciate it. I'm sure it'll be fine. I was just curious whether it should be more stiff or less. At $75, I'm confident that regardless of whether it's a little stiffer or a little softer than the Cobb RMM (or equivalent), it's worth the price either way!

I'm looking forward to see what the reviews say. This is a great alternative to the turbo tech mounts which I feel maybe too stiff for most people. Now the question is do I just all three or just the RMM? Mmmmh decisions decisions

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I'm looking forward to see what the reviews say. This is a great alternative to the turbo tech mounts which I feel maybe too stiff for most people. Now the question is do I just all three or just the RMM? Mmmmh decisions decisions
Mine have broken in nicely. I get a little vibration at and just off idle, but it's gone and feels like stock once you start moving

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
How did your mount compare to those two?
More like the Cobb than the boomba. With all three mounts though there is vibrations. I will make a video later today and post it so hopefully it will help people understand the vibrations.. It's very slight

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I highly recommend these mounts as I have filled many mounts over the years and am running both side mounts I filled with 70 durameter urethane and they have a bit of a rumble at idle but I actually like it, very nice on the road, the 60's are likely to give same benefits and a bit smoother.

They will save money and a bit of weight over the alternative mounts being offered and I would have not qualms running these as have used my own in different vehicles for years including racing with great success.

I am still tuning the new turbo so cannot tell how well they have cured the massive torque steer I had with the EFR donky kick in the mid 4k range on a stock passenger side, modded drivers side(not nearly as good as filing turned out to be) but it was at times dangerous it was so wild, fun though, I kind of miss it. I am sure it will be far better now.

------------------

Does the pricing include new mounts or a core charge, refund, etc......? If not perhaps more would jump on board and spread the word on this if you could do something to help get more sold and reviewed.

Thanks for making these available:)

Rick