Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Meth Injection - Installation, Use, and Expectations Thread

sourskittle, no i'm going to use boost juice 50/50 so your saying i should use a 250cc nozzle?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
For 50/50 I'd say a 250 or 300 with the pump cranked up to max pressure.

Everytime I run 50/50 or even 25/75, it feels like the car is faster without any extra injection, lol

OP
B
Thread Starter #23
For 50/50 I'd say a 250 or 300 with the pump cranked up to max pressure.

Everytime I run 50/50 or even 25/75, it feels like the car is faster without any extra injection, lol
sours, I was looking to use the 50/50 meth as a way to cool charge air temps. when it is 80 plus out side my mountune ic isn't keeping up....any advice? thanks, bob

TempeST

You guys that are using the AEM kit, where are you tapping your yellow (switch) power from?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
You guys that are using the AEM kit, where are you tapping your yellow (switch) power from?
I got mine at the windshield sprayed pump plug I think. If I remember.... the sprayer pump always has 12VDC when the "key" is on, and it's switched on to actually run via ground.

I think... it's been a while.

TempeST

I got mine at the windshield sprayed pump plug I think. If I remember.... the sprayer pump always has 12VDC when the "key" is on, and it's switched on to actually run via ground.

I think... it's been a while.
Thanks buddy I figured one out. Found another thread that used the sun roof fuse. So I followed suit. Working beautifully now

OP
B
Thread Starter #27
tempest I would appreciate any other hook up info you would have. mine is still sitting on the bench! thanks bob

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I've asked DHM and Straitfied to make some pre-fab type meth kits, even if it comes with a premium price tag... but that was a few months ago. Alex expressed interest, but I think everyone is on their own :(
[MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION]

You need to do a video on installing one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #29
i would give an extra 150 bucks for a prefab unit (along with fiesta specific directions) from them or any other fiesta st orientated tuner. . i have asked edgeauto twice, even see them every year for the airstrip attack, no results.. bob

Pete

I've asked DHM and Straitfied to make some pre-fab type meth kits, even if it comes with a premium price tag... but that was a few months ago. Alex expressed interest, but I think everyone is on their own :(
[MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION]

You need to do a video on installing one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe one of these days. I currently have my hands full with all the footage I have and putting my engine back together. :)

TempeST

tempest I would appreciate any other hook up info you would have. mine is still sitting on the bench! thanks bob
Do you have the AEM kit? I finished mine. It really wasn't that hard. I just had no idea about a remote wire for quite some time. What help do you need?

OP
B
Thread Starter #32
where did you tie in the boost vacuum signal hose to the controller? also where did you put the noozle and run the lines from the tank. thanks

TempeST

where did you tie in the boost vacuum signal hose to the controller? also where did you put the noozle and run the lines from the tank. thanks
I put a "tee" vacuum connection into my line for my BOV and ran that all the way to my controller.

I have the CP-E Meth charge pipe. So my cold side charge pipe has a threaded bung to put the injector in it. Its about 8-10 inches from the throttle body.

I have my Tank, pump, and controller all in the back of my car under the Hideaway, next to my spare tire. I had to run ONLY the remote wire(yellow) down the passenger side of the car pulling up the weather stripping in the lower part of the door jambs. then up behind the glove box to the "sunroof" fuse where i tied into for the remote signal.

ALL my other wires/hoses(only the red, black, violet, gray, vacuum line and the meth hose) i did the exact same thing but on the driver side of the car, then up and through the hole that is behind the battery tray where a little plastic grommet is. i removed the grommet, and poked a hole through the foam which left a big enough hole to slide all the wires hose through and i had direct access to everything I need. I ran my LED light up into the steering column and just below the gauges and stuck it there with some velcro. unless you knew what to look for you would never know my car had it at all.

The best way to run the wires through all the door jambs is to take the Meth hard hose, and tape all the wires you need to run to the hard hose itself. this will allow you to push the hose through and not bind up on anything by coiling up. once the hard hose is through you can slowly pull it the rest of the way through and at the same time pulling all the wires through as well. same on the passenger side with the remote wire. I just used a piece that I had cut off that was about a foot long and taped the remote wire to it and fed it through the weather stripping hole with ease that way.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anymore help. It took me about 3 hours(of work) to do the entire install from start to finish. Took me all day to do it, because ai was researching best ways to do it, and find best places to put it/also working on other minor things as well.

[MENTION=3180]TempeST[/MENTION] Can you show some pictures of your tank/motor set up in the trunk?

TempeST

Yes I sure will, Once I get home and can get some shots I will send them in. I am going to remount my tank lower, and more hidden soon as well. so it will be almost out of sight completely.

TempeST

Sorry guys I'll have pictures today. I got off work late yesterday and did not have time to grab photos. I'm also going to do some measuring today to find out where I can hide this reservoir even more.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t48mmmlfimem357/2016-09-24 19.14.55.jpg?dl=0
i also wired in a kill switch and shutoff valve next to the controller in a standard fiesta centre console i got out a crashed car. no more armrest hitting my elbow when sitting low in the buckets. i did not want the tank in the rear crush zones and decided behind the passenger was best.
sorry for the dropbox links as i dont know how to get dropbox to display on here