Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Meth Injection - Installation, Use, and Expectations Thread

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've noticed m-sport posts in just about every thread I've been in... the guy has thousands of posts and doesn't even have a build thread, just got his car a bit ago and stuff, while I personally find it funny about how much he posts, he is trying to learn and isn't being a troll so nobody should really give him any shit unless he starts asking shit anyone could google and waste 5 seconds for them.

Btw thanks for assuming SS put my on his naughty list... I like coal, cuz if you wait long enough, and you put enough pressure on it. It becomes a diamond:))
carry on with wmi talk
What difference does it make HOW MANY posts anyone on here does, or does not have? [???:)] (It ALWAYS perplexes me WHY anyone even brings this up at all.)

I also did not notice that I post in the same exact threads you do, so it is NOT being done on purpose, nor for any purpose.

Are build threads a requirement on here? [dunno]
Again, IF so, I must have misread the rules along the way.
But if they are not requisite, my 'build' is not/will never be anything all that spectacular, nor anything that I need to get kudos for, or feel all that proud about, so why bother, and why waste the space for one?

Now, IF I were building an all-out street, and race car (sans full cage), like Rick (RAAMaudio), Pete, or Hijinx, etc. THEN I would do a build thread.
But if there are those on here who have to show everyone that new antenna, or sticker, or whatever, then ALL THE MORE power to them! [thumb]
But it is not something I want to, or feel the need to do, is that OK with everyone on here or not?

As far as being on Bryan's shit list; I am assuming NOTHING, just going off of his responses to you on the Cyborg, and other threads, that's all. [wink]

Look, I do NOT want to make enemies with ANYONE on this site, because the way I see it, we are all in, and into this car together, and we all seem to find common ground defending it to, and against others who will rag on it at the drop of a hat.

I do know that I am VERY opinionated on certain topics, and YES, I do need to make a greater effort to tone that fault down, and hold it in check.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
msport, for what it is worth I started this thread to find out exact details to set up wmi on my car. my perceived need is due to my experience with the x37 hybrid. specifically when temps are hotter than 85 there is a definite drop in power. the mountune aftermarket ic is not cutting it. while I realize a race cooler is needed I wanted to experiment with wmi to control inlet temps. but I did not want to experiment with the install, lol. btw thanks for any install details and still welcome more info in that regard. boyracer.
TOTALLY understood! [thumb]

It can absolutely ONLY help performance in a BIG way, so if you are willing to do it, and do it correctly, why the eff not?!?!

IF I ever go to a bigger turbo setup, I will immediately go to the DHM Race IC, and possibly a by then available, even better than Mishimoto radiator, so that even with a 'safe' tune, I would hope to not lose too much power, except maybe on 100*F+ days, but maybe not. [dunno]

I will not respond to any more non-WMI posts, nor any posts directed at myself in this thread out of consideration to you, and your need to learn about the best installation methods for these systems. ;)

I don't understand why people are ragging on M-sport. The thread was started and he had questions. There are probably questions he's asked that other people have (or didn't know they had) that could be answered. There is absolutely nothing wrong with acquiring knowledge. There's been an anti-intellectualism virus spreading around here lately, as well as a lofty equine contagion...wish we had a vaccine.

Some Guy On The Internet
There's a difference between looking for knowledge and not knowing when to shut up though.
I ignored the dude a long time ago and he still bothers me lol

Question about check valve and solenoid use. So I have a Snow Performance check valve / nozzle holder going into my cold side IC pipe. I have been using this setup for around 4 months no issues. No dripping or siphoning to speak of. A few days ago it started to drip. So when I start car and for the first 2-3 miles it runs like shit because of the water meth that has pooled. I called Snow and they said that keeping meth from doing that is not the main job of the check valve but rather to keep the system from becoming pressurized. So my question to you guys is one: Then why do they market it as something that can keep gravity feeding from happening? And two: Should I let them upsell me on the solenoid? Like I said the valve worked for 4 months till a few days ago it stopped.

OP
B
Thread Starter #107
everything I read calls for a solenoid to stop the siphon action. I do have a question for you though. did you have a revision to your tune after the meth install? thanks boyracer

Yes deff need a revision. You will have much more fuel added which means you can really turn it up. I am seeing around 60-70 HP over my 93 tune and around 50 over my e30 tune.

jeff

2000 Post Club
YOU of all people on here should understand this with your multiple posts referring to being happy with none to minimal mods, or modding to a certain level and being PERFECTLY content at that point, regardless of, and despite, the pressures/slights/sense of superiority from, those who have and think EVERYONE needs/has to have 450 to the wheels, minimum. [wink]
Sorry, I guess I do have you confused possibly with jeff on here. [dunno]
Hey fellas, just reading this thread. I see I was referred to. Not me! Yes I've been outspoken about being content with stock turbo, but not "none to minimal mods".

Having said that, approaching 2 years owning the car with full bolt ons I might be ready for a change. I have spent a good amount of time on the X-47 thread lately, and on this thread.......I spent some time recently with a friend and experienced an X47 on 93 only and then on the 93+meth tune. Meth absolutely lives up to the things said here; the difference from X47 no meth to X47 with meth felt almost as dramatic as the difference from stock to X47. It's no joke.

Great info and pics here about meth setups, thanks guys!

Hey fellas, just reading this thread. I see I was referred to. Not me! Yes I've been outspoken about being content with stock turbo, but not "none to minimal mods".

Having said that, approaching 2 years owning the car with full bolt ons I might be ready for a change. I have spent a good amount of time on the X-47 thread lately, and on this thread.......I spent some time recently with a friend and experienced an X47 on 93 only and then on the 93+meth tune. Meth absolutely lives up to the things said here; the difference from X47 no meth to X47 with meth felt almost as dramatic as the difference from stock to X47. It's no joke.

Great info and pics here about meth setups, thanks guys!

Great to hear! I'm only on 93 with my x47 and wasn't all that impressed. This will get me motivated to finally install my meth.

Meth kit on the way, along with both hot and cold side pipes . Cold being the cpe meth pipe. Gonna be on my c39 setup with e30. 250, or 500 cc size jet??
In florida, its gonna be used for cooling and fueling purpose. Need all the help i can get down here

Has anyone else created their own mount for the methanol tank in the hatch? I am considering doing this with the Gen 2 GTX2860r now that I can no longer access E85. Curious to see some pictures of hatch mounted tanks.

Thanks!

Ish

I have mine mounted using 12 in brackets from home depot. I can send you pictures through fb messenger or Instagram. It's too much work uploading here lol

Look at the cooling mist 2 ½ gallon pro tank. The pump mounts inside of it, it runs forever between fills and it fits great in the fiesta hatch.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Posted before, doing so again, hatch mounted tank is a very dangerous proposition, why I spend a ton of time mounting mine and the pump as we all as battery in separate sealed containers in the tire well. I also ran the lines under the car above the fuel lines, one for the WM and one for the washer fluid as I mounted the washer pump in the MW tank.

hi friends I will also install the aem kit, I read all this thread but I have some doubts since my google translator is not exact, the best place to install the tank is in the trunk? or use the windshield water tank? I think that installing everything forward could be easier but the heat will not affect methamphetamine?

Questions.

1) Am I safe to assume that the METH being referred to here is Methanol, otherwise known as Isopropol Alcohol? If so it reminds me of the Edelbrock Water Vapor Injection I had installed on my Monte Carlo SS for knock control when towing my boat with the original 305. I find it interesting to see how some ideas a bit on the fringe in performance tuning seem to reinvent themselves over the years.

2) Also wonder if these systems could help in keeping the intake valves in our engines free of Carbon buildup. I've also thought about suggesting to Ford that they add a fuel injector downstream of the throttle body to trickle in just enough fuel to sustain the engine at idle and keep that fuel flowing at that specific volume whenever the engine is running to keep the valves clean.