Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST recalls info thread

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Nothing for me either.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #4
AFAICT, there are no recalls at all for the North American Fiesta ST. [Do I need to say "yet"? I guess so.] Yet.

Figured I'd ask but I read somewhere there was a recall that for issued for our Fiestas something about the fuel pump can corrode fast from nickel plating? But ford doesn't show anything about it. Was about 2 weeks ago I read this just curious if anyone knows

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I'm curious if anyone knows difinitively if the fiesta STs have the defective Takata airbags? It is thought that the ammonia nitrate used to deploy the airbags destabilizes over time and can lead to faulty deployment sending metal flying at the passengers. It is speculated that this is of particular concern in high humidity regions. According to what I've read, this isn't necessarily a recall item yet (if ever) because the ammonia nitrate is stable for years. This all understood, I think it would be important information for us to know. Meagan, perhaps you can comment?

I'm curious if anyone knows difinitively if the fiesta STs have the defective Takata airbags? It is thought that the ammonia nitrate used to deploy the airbags destabilizes over time and can lead to faulty deployment sending metal flying at the passengers. It is speculated that this is of particular concern in high humidity regions. According to what I've read, this isn't necessarily a recall item yet (if ever) because the ammonia nitrate is stable for years. This all understood, I think it would be important information for us to know. Meagan, perhaps you can comment?
Hey fearthelurker,

I'm able to run your VIN in my system to check for any listed recalls. Please send over a PM with your VIN, and I'll take a look. :)

Nick

Hey all, just wanted to share a recall notice I got in the mail yesterday. Didn't really find any other info on it so I'm putting it here. Seems 2016 owners could have a faulty cooling fan relay, resulting in temporary loss of AC/Engine performance. It's listed under Customer Satisfaction Program 16B11, and strangely, is only in effect until April 30th according to the notice I was mailed. I would think they would still honor it after that date though. Hopefully this is confined to a small batch of us 16'ers but at any rate, watch your mail.

EDIT: It's in effect until April 30th of 2017, not 2016.

2016-04-17_09-25-25_26456154916_o.jpg

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Hey all, just wanted to share a recall notice I got in the mail yesterday. Didn't really find any other info on it so I'm putting it here. Seems 2016 owners could have a faulty cooling fan relay, resulting in temporary loss of AC/Engine performance. It's listed under Customer Satisfaction Program 16B11, and strangely, is only in effect until April 30th according to the notice I was mailed. I would think they would still honor it after that date though. Hopefully this is confined to a small batch of us 16'ers but at any rate, watch your mail.
Until April NEXT year. So not as bad.

me32

1000 Post Club

EDIT: It's in effect until April 30th of 2017, not 2016.

View attachment 9528

Thanks for sharing

Got the same letter yesterday. Gonna schedule this ASAP, would rather not have the relay crap out in the middle of an Arizona summer...

I got the same one in the mail and just scheduled an appointment. They said they'll need to order the part and had no clue how long it would take to get it it. It sounded like this was the first they've heard of it. I was all excited because I thought I finally got my $100 credit for not getting red brake calipers after two months of waiting, but sadly the wait continues.

I just got that letter too. I wish they'd let me know a couple weeks ago when I already had my car at the dealership.

jayrod1980

Anyone know the proper part? I'd honestly rather buy the relay and install it myself. Every time I take mine to the dealer they scratch something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk