Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Technical Service Bulletins

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Post Up ANY TSB (Tech Service Bulletin) You have or linky to Known issues.

From Time to Time this thread will be cleaned up if lots of "Oh I had that too" or " Mine Works Fine yet" posts pop up...
If you need to mention something start a new thread and post a quick message here to alert the Team to the issue so we can keep this a quick look up thread .. lets hope it is a very small thread..

Thanks the Mod's Team..

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
TSB number is 14-0021.

The TSB states that some 2011-2014 Fiesta vehicles may exhibit a lack of heat resulting from a frozen blower motor.

This may be caused by snow entering through the cowl top area. Snow may melt allowing water to enter the blower motor and refreezes during a below freezing overnight soak. The blower motor fuse at location F4 in the power distribution box may also be open and the cabin air filter may be water saturated.

The service involves replacing the cabin filter and installing the updated cowl screen. Depending on how much moisture has gotten into your system the fuse and resistor way also be replaced.

T.S.B. 14-0058 Issued March 17 2014

Issue: Some 2014 Fiesta vehicles built on or before 2/11/2014 may exhibit unbalanced speaker volume side to side when using the Audio Input Jack. This may be caused by incorrect wiring orientation at the audio input jack.
Service procedure involves accessing the audio jack, verifying the wiring pin locations and if necessary, relocating the pins to the correct cavities.
This service is covered under the new vehicle warranty.

Perry

Good catch! Dunno if this affects me yet, but good to know.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
If they mean the aux audio jack in the center console, mine doesnt play music when I connect my android. Doesnt even recognize a device is connected.

It means the 3.5mm jack (same as headphone).
It's not supposed to "recognise" anything as it's analogue.
The USB socket on the other hand would or should.

I always wondered what that was for. So it's for headphones? What else can we run off of it?

-ry

No, it's an audio input so that you can play such things as an MP3 player if it does not have a USB lead. You need to get a lead that will allow you to plug 1 end into the headphone socket of your MP3 player and the other end into the socket in the car. The are very cheap to buy.

Ohhhh stupid me [idea]. I'm never gonna use it,oh well. I have my iPhone that runs songs either Bluetooth or when I plug into USB.

-ry

SSM 44533 - 2014 Fiesta A/C (Air Conditioning) Compressor Failure

Some 2014 Fiesta vehicles which experience A/C cooling concerns due to a compressor failure. Replace the compressor following Workshop Manual, section 412-00. Follow the Refrigerant Oil Adding procedure and add an additional 30 grams (1 ounce). Refer to published Service Labor Time Standards in section 11.

SSM 44466 - Buzzing, or Roaring Noise While Driving-Multiple Vehicle Lines

Some vehicles may exhibit a buzzing or roaring noise from the front or rear of the vehicle, while driving. This noise may be caused by a front or rear wheel bearing. Wheel bearings can become damaged during transmission, axle, knuckle, or other suspension repairs where the halfshaft needs to be separated from the wheel hub. Please be sure to use the 205-D070 tool to separate the halfshaft from the wheel hub to ensure the bearings are not damaged.

SSM 44491 - 2014 Fiesta A/C Compressor Lockup - Vehicles In Storage Or Used Infrequently

Some 2014 Fiesta vehicles stored or parked for extended periods of time may experience A/C Compressor lock up on startup. This can be avoided by starting vehicles every 15 days as directed in Section 2 of the Warranty and Policy Manual. Under the Powertrain heading it is stated to run until reaching operating temperature with accessories off. We recommend that the A/C system be set to defrost mode during this time to prevent A/C Compressor lock up. Please share this information with your Sales Department.

SSM 44606 - 2013-2014 C-MAX, Focus and 2014 Fiesta, Transit Connect - Several Radio Issues

Some 2013-2014 C-MAX, Focus and 2014 Fiesta, Transit Connect vehicles may exhibit one or more of the following concerns: AM/FM/Sirius radio display does not update when changing stations using presets or frequency selector, during CD operation the track info is blank and no information available, FM mode Autostore does not store stations in numerical order, and/or following a vehicle start-up theradio cannot be heard until the radio on/off is cycled, volume level is adjusted or the radio station is changed. To correct these conditions reprogram the Audio Control Module (ACM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 90.04 and higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com. For warrantyclaiming use causal part 19C107, and use applicable 12651D labor operations in SLTS manual Section 10 for the vehicle.

me32

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the new tsb. I have the radio issue with the system doesn't change when I use the presets.

Thanks for the new tsb. I have the radio issue with the system doesn't change when I use the presets.
Radio issue here as well.
Hi guys,

If you want me to loop in your customer service manager, send me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

me32

1000 Post Club
2014 FIESTA ST

FIELD SERVICE ACTION NUMBER: 12M02

FSA TITLE: SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCOL INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)

this what I got from the ford owner site

2014 FIESTA ST

FIELD SERVICE ACTION NUMBER: 12M02

FSA TITLE: SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCOL INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)

this what I got from the ford owner site
Me too not sure what exactly it means.