Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

225/45/16 - Dunlop Direzza Star Spec ZII

Just a straight up no nonsense post to find out if anybody is running this setup, and if it rubs at all

Thanks in advance!

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Just a straight up no nonsense post to find out if anybody is running this setup, and if it rubs at all

Thanks in advance!
I love the tires. I have 215/40-17s ZII star specs so I can't comment on the wider 225s but I know with 17x7.5 wheels clearance becomes an issue using 225s especially if you are lowered.

Pete

I've ran them before with my coilovers, I didn't have rubbing issues but I was running 2.5 degrees of camber at the time

Edit: I'll add on 16x7 rota slipstreams with +40 offset

Thanks in advance!
Yes on 16x8's +38 with BC coilovers. -2/-2.5 camber. I trimmed the inner bumper tab, it can still rub on rare occasions when I hit a hard bumper under load in a tight turn.

OP
P
Thread Starter #5
Appreciate it, thanks guys!

I am at OE ride height/camber and 16x7 wheels with a +42 offset

I think I saw on the other Fiesta forum that someone was running them and confirmed no rub. Maybe MightyMango over there?

OP
P
Thread Starter #7
A few guys I know that are pretty serious about AutoX are telling me that the RE-71R in 205 are still better than the 225 Star Specs

I noticed that every Fiesta ST was running them at Packwood this year... well, minus one car which didn't say anything about tires:
http://sololive.scca.com/CT/HS.html

A few guys I know that are pretty serious about AutoX are telling me that the RE-71R in 205 are still better than the 225 Star Specs

I noticed that every Fiesta ST was running them at Packwood this year... well, minus one car which didn't say anything about tires:
http://sololive.scca.com/CT/HS.html
The compound really is that good that a smaller width in RE71 would prevail against the Sta Specs, it seems. The RE71 drives like race compound (Most-likely because it is and Bridgestone does not want to admit this tire is not actually 200TW). They're not called Hoosierstones for nothing. :p

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The compound really is that good that a smaller width in RE71 would prevail against the Sta Specs, it seems. The RE71 drives like race compound (Most-likely because it is and Bridgestone does not want to admit this tire is not actually 200TW). They're not called Hoosierstones for nothing. :p
The Rival Ses fall under this exact same 'faux tread wear rating' accusation as well.

Either way, B-Stone REALLY needs to release the RE71Rs in MANY more sizes! :(
(I am old enough to remember the ORIGINAL RE-71s, with their sine wave/bell curve shaped tread pattern, when they first were released.)