Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thanks for awesome customer service, Jim

Trader history for meFiSTo (1)

meFiSTo

This is a shout out to Jim Pierce of Pierce Motorsports.

Jim found and sent a replacement coupling and two hex securing bolts for the rear tow hook he sold me last year.

It's an embarrassing story, but suffice it to say that once I finally got around to going to the track I did not know those hex bolts needed to be tightened down. Luckily I had used some Velcro to keep the ring from banging around. I put the hook assembly on before leaving for the track. Two hours later, the ring was hanging on to the mounting shaft by the Velcro. One of the hex bolts had worked loose on the trip and the whole thing slipped out. VERY weird to see that. Anyway, I could not find anything comparable around here, but Jim located a suitable coupling (that was the hard part) and the nuts. He sent them along and it's all back together for under $10. I had the right Allen wrenches and I'm pretty sure that coupling bit is NOT going anywhere now.

This is the thing from before when the car had come back from the shop for having a mounting bracket/threaded bit welded to the bumper:

Hah. You can see right there that one of the hex bolts is protruding out the side. Once tightened, it will not do that. It sure doesn't now. LOL.

Thanks, Jim!