Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

SFP

Damn, I was going to get some off of ebay but id rather just go the direct route. Hope they don't get mad about broken ones and stop shipping to us!

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
Did you just email them at ford parts uk? I sent them an email parts request and haven't heard a reply for some time. How long did it take them to reply to you?
Be sure to give them your VIN number, otherwise you probably won't get a response. This was my experience, anyway. I finally emailed them and they told me they would only reply to parts requests with a VIN #.

You could also try emailing Wendy directly, she was the one who assisted me when my invoice.

wendy.doyle@fmg-uk.com

SFP

Be sure to give them your VIN number, otherwise you probably won't get a response. This was my experience, anyway. I finally emailed them and they told me they would only reply to parts requests with a VIN #.

You could also try emailing Wendy directly, she was the one who assisted me when my invoice.

wendy.doyle@fmg-uk.com
Awesome Thanks!

I filled out all the info on the form with my VIN and everything I could put on it. Ill try emailing them directly.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
Email her and tell her you were referred by another person who bought those same items. Should work just fine.

I'm sure Wendy will love the sudden boom in headlight requests. [twothumb]

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
There still needs to be some adjustments made but here's an output shot or two.

damn, just when I thought I have my mod list planned out and a budget set.... [rant] lol

This looks amazing and would make the fiST look fantastic. the stock halogens are only second to the mercedes e350 projectors that dont let any light pass... lol

fST

This look right? Wendy doesn't mess around! :)
Yes, that's right. Make sure if you do buy them to remind them to completely surround the lights in bubble wrap to lessen the chance of damage. Although, with my case fresh in her mind, she probably doesn't need reminding. She's working on getting me replacements right now. They need to especially pay attention and bubble wrap the tabs. Mine didn't have any bubble wrap around them.

SFP

Yes, that's right. Make sure if you do buy them to remind them to completely surround the lights in bubble wrap to lessen the chance of damage. Although, with my case fresh in her mind, she probably doesn't need reminding. She's working on getting me replacements right now. They need to especially pay attention and bubble wrap the tabs. Mine didn't have any bubble wrap around them.
Awesome, Ill make sure to request some extra padding however they should be learning pretty well with the extra uptick in orders :)

Now to reorder some protection film and new H7 bulbs.

fST

Awesome, Ill make sure to request some extra padding however they should be learning pretty well with the extra uptick in orders :)

Now to reorder some protection film and new H7 bulbs.

My apologies to you and everyone else (well, why am I sorry, it's not my fault, I didn't damage them lol)

From Wendy:

Thank you very much for the images and video.

Ok after speaking to my supervisor about this, she has informed me that she is not happy to ship any more lamps.
This appears to be an ongoing issue with lamps being damaged, and this is not always down to the packaging, what she has said that we can either fully refund the order or refund the shipping costs so that you can arrange your own courier.
I know that is not the greatest of outcomes but at the present until we have resolved the issue with the packaging we will not be shipping any more lamps, for the time being customers will have to arrange their own couriers.

SFP

My apologies to you and everyone else (well, why am I sorry, it's not my fault, I didn't damage them lol)

From Wendy:
Odd, they didn't seem to say any issue with shipping mine.

Hope they don't change that as they are the ones packaging them so as long as they are bubble wrapped insanely well or in a foam surround it wouldn't be an issue. Mine are paid for and all that. Wouldn't be the first UK order canceled this week as my hood prop got canceled because they couldn't ship to a PO Box :(

fST

Odd, they didn't seem to say any issue with shipping mine.

Hope they don't change that as they are the ones packaging them so as long as they are bubble wrapped insanely well or in a foam surround it wouldn't be an issue. Mine are paid for and all that. Wouldn't be the first UK order canceled this week as my hood prop got canceled because they couldn't ship to a PO Box :(
Yeah, this literally all just happened in between our previous posts earlier this morning. She probably hasn't mentioned it to you yet. I replied back basically pleading for them to handle it and to package them better. Waiting to hear back from the supervisor now. Hopefully she changes her mind.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I doubt the lights are manufactured at Wendy's office. They must be shipped to her. Why can't they just reuse those same shipping materials?

fST

I doubt the lights are manufactured at Wendy's office. They must be shipped to her. Why can't they just reuse those same shipping materials?
I had the same thought. I'm still waiting on a reply from Wendy and/or her supervisor on what I said. Hopefully they change their mind and package it better. Completely wrapping the lights in bubble wrap should be enough to get here undamaged. And even have both lights shipped into one box instead of one smaller lighter box for each headlamp which just makes it easier to be tossed around. That's how offthewall's lights were packaged; one big box for both.

It should be packaged like the 3rd picture in this post: http://fiestast.net/threads/2014-na-eu-headlight-swap-all-you-need-to-know.968/#post-19119

Mine had one layer of bubble wrap around the middle of the lamp. That's it. They were each in a bag, as well. Then they were each shipped in individual boxes.