Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How to properly clean windows?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
For all those suggesting/using the Stoner Invisible Glass for the INSIDE of the windshield;

I take for granted you are using the one WITHOUT the Rain-X type of additive, since that is mainly designed for the OUTSIDE of the windshield to promote beading/rain dispersing, correct?

Do the insides of our factory windshields have any kind of a special coating on them which could be damaged by the acids present in the Rain-X type of additives in any way? [dunno]

For all those suggesting/using the Stoner Invisible Glass for the INSIDE of the windshield;

I take for granted you are using the one WITHOUT the Rain-X type of additive, since that is mainly designed for the OUTSIDE of the windshield to promote beading/rain dispersing, correct?

Do the insides of our factory windshields have any kind of a special coating on them which could be damaged by the acids present in the Rain-X type of additives in any way? [dunno]
I would never use rain X on the inside of your windshield. Why would you want to? Rain-X does have an anti fog spray designed for use on the interior side of glass though.

When my passenger side front window is dry, it makes this awful squeaking noise when going up or down. Has anyone else experienced this? Its super annoying.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I would never use rain X on the inside of your windshield. Why would you want to? Rain-X does have an anti fog spray designed for use on the interior side of glass though.
I understand that, and agree, but Stoner offers their Invisible Glass product BOTH ways (with and without this additive).

I was just asking WHICH one everyone is using for INSIDE of the windshield.

BTW; I did once try the Rain-X Anti-Fog stuff, and it actually made the fog/misting inside worse. [:(]

When my passenger side front window is dry, it makes this awful squeaking noise when going up or down. Has anyone else experienced this? Its super annoying.
I've experience this but with my driver side door. It's not a squeaking noise but more like a hum drone when it's about half way up.

Use silicone spray lube. It's what we use at shops. Spray it in the tracks on both sides. Use the straw and hose it in there, it'll go quick and quiet. I do mine annually just as a maintenance thing.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Use silicone spray lube. It's what we use at shops. Spray it in the tracks on both sides. Use the straw and hose it in there, it'll go quick and quiet. I do mine annually just as a maintenance thing.

at 2200 Miles I need that already? Ugh. :(

Likely something else is up. If it's only got 2200mi, it's very much in warranty, make it their problem.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Both my front windows make that annoying sound going up and down since brand new

6k miles and still doing it. Was hoping it would get better but you guys are telling me it won't lol yay

... Dirty or dry window tracks aren't exactly a big deal, and very easy to fix. You're making it sound a little catastrophic.

This reminds me I need to clean the inside of my windshield again before my trip tomorrow. Invisible glass is the best I have used for that purpose. It's the one in the normal spray bottle. I saw some other invisible glass product but I didn't look close enough at them. I prefer super cleaning (clean real well, clay bar, and clean again) and waxing the windshield.

Zissou

+1 for the Stoner Invisible Glass. And it says it's tint safe.

Was using some old Windex, but that was streaking like crazy. Not sure if it was because it was old or because it's scented, but the invisible glass is much better.

I also use those blue window cleaning paper towels. Found them at walmart in the car section. Not sure how much that matters.

Also if you haven't done it in a while then you'll probably have to go over it a few times to truly get it clean.

The ammonia in Windex is hard on tint.

A previous post recommended Sprayway... I cleaned my own windows just a couple of days ago, and called my tint shop beforehand to ask what was best, while being safe for tint. He said they use Sprayway at the shop. So there you go. ;-)

And yes, he also said to avoid any cleaner containing ammonia.

FB

TDavis

1000 Post Club
All I use is Stoner invisible glass cleaner inside and out, in the shade. If you have stains on your windows I use steel wool. Never had streaks or any problems. Just need clean towels and not to clean it in sunlight. It's safe on tint too.

Just sprinkle a little bit of water and scrub with black/white newsprint. You can also just scrub with a harsh papertowel or microfiber. This is the cheapest and will leave no streaks, cut all grease and residue and leave the most crystal clear windshield that won't fog up from other glass cleaner residue.