Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My adventure with BC coilovers

KKaWing

Warranty Card thing:

From top left under 08+ Fiesta

Name - Birthday
Telephone - e-mail
Purchase Date - Year - Month - Day
Dealer/Retailer (Stamp?)

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Looking really good man! Once it settles a bit, let us know how the ride is, if it still retains that "tossability" [thumb]

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Warranty Card thing:

From top left under 08+ Fiesta

Name - Birthday
Telephone - e-mail
Purchase Date - Year - Month - Day
Dealer/Retailer (Stamp?)
Ha, awesome! Thanks man lol
Looking really good man! Once it settles a bit, let us know how the ride is, if it still retains that "tossability" [thumb]
Will do!

I think I'm going to raise it up 1/4 inch all around. Rides great, but as soon as you take a turn at speed theres a bit of rub. And if you take a turn and hit a dip in the road, theres a lot of rub lol.

Looks sweet. How are you liking the ride? Now that I'm putting more miles on my Eibach's I'm feeling it's a little bouncy, curious how yours is doing. I've never been a big fan of BC's but maybe they're better on a FiST.

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
Looks sweet. How are you liking the ride? Now that I'm putting more miles on my Eibach's I'm feeling it's a little bouncy, curious how yours is doing. I've never been a big fan of BC's but maybe they're better on a FiST.
Honestly, they ride great. Better than I expected for sure.
I think the real difference is that instead of bumps or road imperfections that would cause some bounce on the stock suspension that would be a little harsh, its more smooth and controlled with the BC's. There is a slight bit of bounce still, but its to be expected.
The more I drive on them, the more I'm convinced the ride quality is better than the stock set up.

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
A heads up to everyone, as of this date (3/15/14) it seems that Ford hasn't published the alignment settings for this car. My local Firestone called and told me they couldn't align the vehicle and I'd have to take it to Ford. Thankfully I've got a mind like a steel trap and remembered that 2J Racing posted the alignment info for the BC's on another forum. For those of you who may end up needing this info, here it is.

"The BCs are slotted in the front so you can get up to -2.8 deg of camber, right out of the box. Camber plates are not provided since no clearance exists on the strut mount by the firewall. I set the alignment for -1.15 when I am in the car. The alignment I posted is unladen, the camber changes with a driver, going positive on the left, negative on the right when he's in the car. I set the toe at 1/8th toe in for more stability. The rear beam is fixed and it actually ok for a beam. I will beam the beam later for more rear camber, probably -1.7 for the track - and change the front camber to -2.5. The more front camber you run, you lose braking force and straighline grip.
The rear toe should probably be around -.2 for 40 numbers total toe in. Front caster is actually pretty bad ass at 3.8 degrees for a FWD.
"

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Sofar no regrets?
Wonder how they will handle a nice snowy,salty, cold winter like we just had.

Glad you liked them! We spec'd out the spring and valving rates for BC before they went into production. 6K/4K was the perfect balance. 5K rear was too much for the street. I really like how all the bouncy stiffness from the stock suspension is gone. I drive mine daily at +5 clicks all round from soft.
This past weekend I had some fun at the track on mine ;)

fst.jpg

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
Glad you liked them! We spec'd out the spring and valving rates for BC before they went into production. 6K/4K was the perfect balance. 5K rear was too much for the street. I really like how all the bouncy stiffness from the stock suspension is gone. I drive mine daily at +5 clicks all round from soft.
This past weekend I had some fun at the track on mine ;)

View attachment 648
Car looks great! I'm riding at 16/17 and I daily the car, still isn't too harsh. Perfect actually.
Solid product

C. love

I have used BC on several cars and have always loved them. Even running with people that had coilovers and setups more than mine I did very well on my "lowly" BC coilovers. Only thing is should you ever break one you will be paying retail to replace it so about 250 a corner. Car looks good man.

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
I have used BC on several cars and have always loved them. Even running with people that had coilovers and setups more than mine I did very well on my "lowly" BC coilovers. Only thing is should you ever break one you will be paying retail to replace it so about 250 a corner. Car looks good man.
Thanks dude!
I got these from 2JR, and he was saying the BCs on his track cat have lasted problem free for years. Hopefully I'm as lucky as him

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
His roads are probably flat. Im skeptical on the longevity driving nyc streets. That's my biggest concern with yhese BC's.