Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My adventure with BC coilovers

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
His roads are probably flat. Im skeptical on the longevity driving nyc streets. That's my biggest concern with yhese BC's.
Roads out here in Albuquerque aren't really anything to write home about either. So far so good.

Just did my install this morning. I was in a hurry, so I didn't adjust ride height yet, but will probably do that tomorrow... right now I look like a Baja racer. LOL. Front is currently way too high compared to rear.

Haha,I never did coils before,how hard is it to adjust them? Do the car need to be off the ground?

-ry

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
The coil your working on needs to be off the ground. It takes probably 5 min per corner, not hard.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Very Happy with the set up and the adjustabilty on the dampers as for ride height for me it was set it and forget it.. No issues

Glad you liked them! We spec'd out the spring and valving rates for BC before they went into production. 6K/4K was the perfect balance. 5K rear was too much for the street. I really like how all the bouncy stiffness from the stock suspension is gone. I drive mine daily at +5 clicks all round from soft.
This past weekend I had some fun at the track on mine ;)

View attachment 648
Hey I'm considering picking up a set of BCs from you guys. I'm just trying to figure out what spring rates to choose. With 6k/4k that you're running, what tires are you running on and off track?

I track with the OEM tire and drive with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 with 500 treadware for the daily drive.

Do you recommend 6k/4k for my set up?

I'd prefer to have neutral steering; in an understeer/oversteer sense and have a ride that is tolerable for the daily drive but still kickass on the track.

I've read that these BCs don't have any camber adjustment (plates) so is it still possible to get the camber back to stock spec? This car is my DD and I rather not be eating up tires because my camber isn't right. I've also been looking at the D2 coil overs which has camber plates but it seems like no one has any experience with them on a fiesta ST yet. I found a FB post saying the D2 makes the rear really bouncy on the regular fiesta so I'm thinking I might want to avoid them. I've been looking at the ST XTAs too but they are more expensive than the BCs. Thanks for any input.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yes you are correct on no camber plate but the upper mount hole is slotted for adjustment at the hub.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I could not use the mounts to adjust the camber as my 9" wide wheels were to close so I had to drill new holes in the strut towers, no worries for me as I modded my car so much it will never be able to go to stock again anyway.

Nice thing about not having camber plates and I have had many, more spring length is usually available which is a good thing and a bit less weight:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
BC's are great, I have had many coilovers including BC's up to $8500 custom Ohlins, these are the best for the money I have seen or used.

I have the track version with a bit stiffer springs, rides better than stock and great on a track.

MOFiST

BC's are great, I have had many coilovers including BC's up to $8500 custom Ohlins, these are the best for the money I have seen or used.

I have the track version with a bit stiffer springs, rides better than stock and great on a track.
What spring rates for these BC's do you think would best suite this car for mainly street? Is the stock 5k/3k combo about right do you think? I've never purchased coilovers before but am thinking these could be what I'm after.

XuperXero

What spring rates for these BC's do you think would best suite this car for mainly street? Is the stock 5k/3k combo about right do you think? I've never purchased coilovers before but am thinking these could be what I'm after.
Just picked up BC BR at 5kg/3kg combo. Comes with camber plates which is useless because I don't want to drill a bigger hole on my strut tower. Using the phone protractor app, I'm about 2 degree front and 1 degree rear camber which is fine for me by my standard for street use.

Rides a lot more comfy than stock and doesn't bounce as much. I wish for separate dampening adjustment though... A lot more cornering confidence through the local mountain roads too :D