Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My adventure with BC coilovers

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Got my BC coilovers in today. I'll be installing them tomorrow hopefully. I'll post pictures and updates as they happen.

BC coilover weight
Front: 12.6lbs
Rear: 8.8lbs

OEM strut/spring weight
Front: TBD
Rear: TBD

First impressions: My god these instructions are awful, and don't even try to fill the warranty card out lol....

Build quality seems excellent (contrary to what the directions would have you believe)

Just got done with the install. Gotta say, it was probably one of the easier installs I've done. You need 3 sockets, and a hex key.
Currently I have them all the way down in the front, and 1/4" from the bottom on the rear.
I may raise them up slightly once they settle in a couple weeks. I'm holding off on getting an alignment until I get the height 100% dialed in.
I don't have very much of an impression vs stock as I only drove on them for maybe 5 minutes, so more on that later.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
It looked pretty easy as long as you can drop the rear twist beam (car on jack stands rear wheels off gound and car not supported by rear beam) to get the new springs in.
1) Set the damping to FULL soft (0) before installing and the go to +5 Front and +6 Rear as a starting point
2) Rear Rubber Isolater goes on TOP of Rear Spring
3) Do Not worry about the OEM dampener on the Front shock (aluminum box) It is not req.

These notes I got from Joe on that other Forum..

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
It looked pretty easy as long as you can drop the rear twist beam (car on jack stands rear wheels off gound and car not supported by rear beam) to get the new springs in.
1) Set the damping to FULL soft (0) before installing and the go to +5 Front and +6 Rear as a starting point
2) Rear Rubber Isolater goes on TOP of Rear Spring
3) Do Not worry about the OEM dampener on the Front shock (aluminum box) It is not req.

These notes I got from Joe on that other Forum..
Good to know man, thanks!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Any time if you can take pics and ad it to your build thread to help the next guy like me ;) hehe

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Any time if you can take pics and ad it to your build thread to help the next guy like me ;) hehe
Ha I don't even have a build thread yet. I'll have to make one eventually

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Looks fantastic! Looking forward to your review, let me know of any rubbing issues.

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Yep, definitely rubs if I go over speed bumps to fast lol.
I'll turn the stiffness up some and sew if that helps any.
The ride is soooo smooth. I'm blown away so far.
Cars feels a little "wobbly" coming out of turns, but my camber and everything is all screwed up. I'm sure an alignment will remedy that.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Colin, the rubbing is with the front dialed all the way down right?