Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P144C on 2016 fiesta ST

So I did install my mishimoto intake. Fine for 3 days. Cel came on for evap code purge check valve. I've looked everything over to make sure hoses weren't loose. On the 16+ we have the extra kit with the pcv that didn't come with instructions nor did the site but it really just all fell into place and seemed to fit one way so I did it that way. Any thoughts?

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
This worries me, I thought the delay for their intake was specifically because they were making sure the evap adapter would be compatible with no risk of CELs.

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
This worries me, I thought the delay for their intake was specifically because they were making sure the evap adapter would be compatible with no risk of CELs.
I agree now I did it Sunday and it came on, on my way home from work tonight. The only thing I didn't do and I will do tomorrow is un clip all the fittings and re clip them back in I did make sure everything clicked when I pressed them. As far as the 2 hose PCV system they give you, I really don't think it would go together any other way than the way I have it. I would assume if it was wrong I would have gotten a cel a lot sooner and or poor running.

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
Any updates? I just installed the '16 intake and it ran good for a few days but now I'm also getting evap code purge check valve, I've checked hoses and everything seems fine.

Contact Mishimoto for sure. This needs to get solved .... As stated the adaptor will be in heavy use in the next week and I am sure Mishimoto will want to investigate.

OP
M
Thread Starter #14
yea I emailed support. Thursday I went over everything. Un plugged all fittings and re connected to ensure I heard them all clip in. I disconnected the whole PCV set up and re connected (I saw pics of others and I installed it the exact way). Today is Monday and on my way to work it came on again. Still waiting to hear from Mishi but I did email them mid day Friday so hopefully today.

I had the same thing happen to me. I took the adapter off cleared the code and tightened the hell out of the one clamp you can tighten and tonight on the way home from work all the sensors went ready and the pending p144c code went away. Hopefully this helps. I've also emailed mishimoto and am waiting for a reply.

OP
M
Thread Starter #17
I had the same thing happen to me. I took the adapter off cleared the code and tightened the hell out of the one clamp you can tighten and tonight on the way home from work all the sensors went ready and the pending p144c code went away. Hopefully this helps. I've also emailed mishimoto and am waiting for a reply.
So I did undo everything except the ring clamp on the pcv I didn't tighten it further but i did tighten it well when I installed it I didn't want to go to tight because I didn't want to risk cracking it. I haven't heard from mishimoto which is kind of annoying. The only other thing I can do and I really don't want to is put the stock one on so I can condem the mishi one, however the cel was never an issue before and I looked at it 3 times I've had my buddy who has worked at ford now for 9 years look at it. Nothing more to say than it has to be the intake/pcv set up

mishimoto1

Hey guys,

Apologies for the delay, but your concerns have not gone unnoticed. We have been working to see exactly what the issue is. Usually when there are codes such as these, something was not clamped down tight enough in the system. It is important to be absolutely sure that all of your clamps are tight, especially around the PCV adapter.

I have made our Customer Service team aware of this particular issue, and they are doing their best to answer all emails in the order at which they come in. It might be best to call in at 1-866-466-4744 if you have immediate issues and they will be able to help you further diagnose the issue. I hope this helps.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
For what it's worth, I had this same issue after installing my Mishimoto oil catch can. The same code came from loose clamps at the fittings on the catch can itself. Tightened the fittings and it hasn't come back since.

The code can be related to almost anything evap related.

OP
M
Thread Starter #20
For what it's worth, I had this same issue after installing my Mishimoto oil catch can. The same code came from loose clamps at the fittings on the catch can itself. Tightened the fittings and it hasn't come back since.

The code can be related to almost anything evap related.
yea like I mentioned the only thing I didn't tighten anymore was the clamp on the pcv ill give it a few more turns and see what happens I just cant see it leaking because I tightened it pretty good unless because it had the ribs so the hose doesn't slide off I got it in a bad spot so ill mess with that a bit clear it and see what happens again