Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A few meth questions.

I am currently exploring the idea of a meth install. I have plans for a hybrid turbo and aware that I don’t really need aux fueling for the turbo or my goals. However, I live in the desert and deal with very high ambient temperatures. I am currently tuned by stratified with a 91 tune. I also add a gallon or two of ethanol when I can (limited availability in my area) to help keep temps down. My power goal is 250-270 whp on a whoosh hybrid on 91. I think that is enough for me and will be a nice step up from where I’m at and keep it as a (hopefully) reliable daily.
I read the whole pinned thread and thought it was humorous but less than informative.
Questions about meth:
1. Can I run meth without a tune for it with the goal of lowering temps and cleaning my valves. I don’t want to tune for it because I want to have it on demand for hot days and when driving spirited and then have it off most of the time. I also don’t want to add fuel anxiety on a daily. (Same reason I don’t have an e30 tune even though I te

2. If I run meth without a tune will it automatically add any power just from the lower temps and slightly extra fuel

3. bonus, am I doing any damage by adding a gallon or two of ethanol occasionally on my 91 stratified tune.

TemecFist

1) Yes, you can rune meth without a tune. Run 50/50 and a nozzle around 250ml to keep the AFR's in check and you should be fine. Get a system that has a progressive controller.. That's how I run mine.

2) I doubt that adding meth will add any power without a tune. Maybe (and that's a big Maybe) the ecu might advance the timing a bit due to the cooler intake charge, which theoretically could add hp....and if it did, it would be a very minimal gain without the tune.

3) No, you are not doing any damage by adding a gallon or two of e85. Your probably lowering/eliminating knock by adding the e85. Just don't add too much, no more than 2 gals on a full tank.

I'm sure there will be others that are smarter than me will chime in and add their experiences.

Warning tho, once I added the meth on top of the e85, it started to break down my oil alot faster. So use a very good quality oil, and plan on changing it alot sooner (3k MAX).

Last edited: