Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A Ford Fiesta RS ??? - Rumors, Reports, and Discussion Thread

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/fiesta/85091/extreme-new-ford-fiesta-rs-coming

New Ford Fiesta RS promises agressive bodykit and 230bhp

According to Ford insiders, our favourite hot hatch could be about to get hotter. Auto Express has been told that an extreme Ford Fiesta RS is still in the product plan, along with a Focus RS, but Ford is busy researching the business case before it commits to production.

With all the praise heaped upon the Fiesta ST, an even more extreme version is an exciting prospect ? and our image reveals how it could look. The pumped-up wheelarches and aggressive bodykit mark out the newcomer, while the RS would most likely be powered by the 1.6-litre turbo from the ST ? albeit with power upped from 179bhp to around 230bhp.

Using this engine will also ensure a link between the road model and the RS-badged Fiesta WRC car. Expect to see suspension upgrades, bigger brakes and additions such as a front axle limited-slip diff.

The RS models tend to arrive at the end of a car?s lifecycle, and with the Fiesta only recently facelifted and still selling well, Ford?s in no rush to replace it.

If the company can make the business case work for a Fiesta RS, expect to see it on the road in around 2015, carrying a price tag in the region of ?23,000.

The first Fiesta RS was previewed at the 2004 Geneva Motor Show as a concept, but never made it to production. It was canned when Ford bosses couldn?t make it financially viable in Europe - RS sales are always high in the UK, but take-up on the continent is much smaller.

Thanks to the success of the Fiesta it now seems that the super hot hatch is a possibility again. It will have a stripped-out cabin featuring racing-style seats, lightweight materials throughout and lots of RS detailing.

It could even be quite economical for a performance car, thanks to low weight and a small-capacity turbo engine.
Not sure how I feel about this, we finnally get a non watered down version of a car the europeans have had for years and now the possibility of this!

I have no doubts there are many people on this forum who have the ability to get their current Fiesta St's to 230bhp but the thought that europe might get an RS version really irritates me. To be honest i'll be irritated if they bring it here too.

Attachments

The success of the ST is the only reason a RS might even be built. No hate here, it will cost a bunch and be limited production.

Who knows if/when we even see the RS in the US........I'm not too put off by it. I would still like the chance to go for a test-drive...feel the difference.

Perry

I'm gonna classify this in the no-sense-crying-about-spilling-milk-that-aint-even-outa-the-cow-yet category. And try my best to enjoy my new car. So what if someone has something a little faster, a little hotter, etc.? There's always gonna be the guy in the 911 Turbo S, or whatever. I'm never gonna have one of those, either.

I don't see them bringing the fiesta rs to the US... the focus rs, however, is a different story. They could easily market it against the Golf R and STI.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
It would be cool if they made this, but I doubt it will happen. And if it does, I cant see it coming to the US.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
All I know if that if the RS comes, I will wait 6 months then proceed to look for the first crashed one and pick parts accordingly lol