Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A Murder (Kill) Switch

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
No, Goofy, we're not talking about actual murder.. we all know you went on trial (< click there) for it!

Anywaaaaays, I'm finna install a kill switch on my little turbo egg. Anyone got any advice/ expertise? I've got two switches I want to set up: one for cutting power to the ignition, and one for cutting the power to the fuel pump. In what ways can I do this?

Also, what efficient ways of getting wire from the cabin to the engine bay are there? I'm pretty stumped myself.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
These aren’t frequently targeted by car thieves. What with the manual and lack of expensive parts. Feeding the wire can be done through, e.g., clutch pedal bushing or by drilling through the firewall.

OP
CaptainCheesy

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #3
I understand, but I just wanna protect my car. I'm going all out on it, might as well, you know? Is there anything other options you can think of to get wire through the firewall WITHOUT drilling?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Symposer opening & clutch seem to be the most common spots to get a wire through. Audio guys do it all the time without modifying the firewall.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
there is a grommet on the passenger side of the firewall, its hidden behind a corner of the sound deadening, but it ends up right behind the fuse box on the passenger side. Its what I've used and it works great, totally hidden.

I understand, but I just wanna protect my car. I'm going all out on it, might as well, you know? Is there anything other options you can think of to get wire through the firewall WITHOUT drilling?
Driver side, way up behind the strut tower, right on the firewall. Just have to poke through factory sound deadening material. But be careful doing so, there's a large wire loom a little ways inside the cabin. So don't use something too long. I have a pic on my thread about my boost gauge install. Despite reading that that sound symposer pass through is a good source getting through the firewall, I found it too difficult to get anything through.

OP
CaptainCheesy

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #8
I honestly appreciate all the input guys. Sucks because I don't think I'll ever use this! xD

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out with showing me what wire they used to bridge the fuel system? I'm kind of hoping I don't have to take apart the whole fuse box in the engine bay and I can't find much help on the internet about the fuel pump relay. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I ran some wiring from the engine bay fuse box, between the unibody and the fender, then there is a grommet on driver’s side door jam you can go through to get into the cabin. I pulled the weatherstripping back that’s at the same height as the grommet. There you can find a hole to get you behind the dash on the left side if I remember correctly. I can take pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran some wiring from the engine bay fuse box, between the unibody and the fender, then there is a grommet on driver’s side door jam you can go through to get into the cabin. I pulled the weatherstripping back that’s at the same height as the grommet. There you can find a hole to get you behind the dash on the left side if I remember correctly. I can take pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually pulled apart the fuse box and bridged the fuel pump relay and fished it through to the cabin. Thank you anyways [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk