Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

a nostalgia retro looking seat for my ST?

I'm probably gonna split the crowd in half with this one.

Ive been meaning to swap out my one single purple bucket for a set of black seats anyway and came across this recently
https://www.theprismalab.com/collections/gt-seats/products/gt-arcade

It reminds me somehow of the Ford GT seats back in the 60s.
THAT plus the fact that it totally matches my current aeSThetics, its giving me inspiration.

DSC01069_1800x1800.jpg DSC01105_1800x1800.jpg

personally, i really like these. Yay or nay?
hope these universally fit into their sliders they already have.

P.S.(I can finally toss the purple onto a sim rig!)

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Love the look of those and the color combo is perfect for your car. If your current seat is from them then disregard the below lol

I'm always hesitant about buying seats that I haven't been able to sit in first if they're a true bucket like that and don't have an adjustable back. Could be an uncomfortable angle, bad cushioning, etc. Hell, they could be so narrow you have to pay close attention to where your plums are before you sit down or risk some unnecessary pain.

OP
LiLfieSTa
Thread Starter #6
Love the look of those and the color combo is perfect for your car. If your current seat is from them then disregard the below lol

I'm always hesitant about buying seats that I haven't been able to sit in first if they're a true bucket like that and don't have an adjustable back. Could be an uncomfortable angle, bad cushioning, etc. Hell, they could be so narrow you have to pay close attention to where your plums are before you sit down or risk some unnecessary pain.
YUP, current seats are their prismas.
The person that helped me let me open the box to sit in the seat AND test fit in the car before i made a purchase.
I definitely had to get used to not being able to recline, but the brackets give it just enough angle that you're not totally upright. I have a small back cushion to help without sacrificing how the seat hugs.

from what i hear, most stores that have seats should let you test

dhminer

2000 Post Club
YUP, current seats are their prismas.
The person that helped me let me open the box to sit in the seat AND test fit in the car before i made a purchase.
I definitely had to get used to not being able to recline, but the brackets give it just enough angle that you're not totally upright. I have a small back cushion to help without sacrificing how the seat hugs.

from what i hear, most stores that have seats should let you test
Sounds like these are a winner then. Do it and update us!

Wait a minute, I didn't realize that this seat is meant for a sim rig, in that case I definitely would not put it into a real car. I wouldn't trust that, not only in a crash, but to hold up to everyday forces and vibrations over time. I do like a lot of the designs on their street car seats though, not many seat makers go past black, grey and sometimes red.

Last edited:
OP
LiLfieSTa
Thread Starter #9
Wait a minute, I didn't realize that this seat is meant for a sim rig, in that case I definitely would not put it into a real car. I wouldn't trust that, not only in a crash, but to hold up to everyday forces and vibrations over time. I do like a lot of the designs on their street car seats though, not many seat makers go past black, grey and sometimes red.
Apologies, i think my words might have been mixed up. They are indeed made for vehicles, but they also advertise the option of putting it on a sim rig as most rigs universally fit any seat.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
That seat is not DOT approved and should you get in a crash with it in your car insurance could get all uptight about it. I would not run that seat in my car there is nothin on that website link showing DOT or NHSTA approval and nowhere on that website does it say for automotive use that is a gamer seat.

I should also add it would not pass track tech inspection for track use either.

Last edited:
OP
LiLfieSTa
Thread Starter #12
That seat is not DOT approved and should you get in a crash with it in your car insurance could get all uptight about it. I would not run that seat in my car there is nothin that website link showing DOT or NHSTA approval and nowhere on that website does it say for automotive use that is a gamer seat.

I should also add it would not pass track tech inspection for track use either.
i was scrambling online to find some more info on that. no luck yet. The seat was recently announced so hopefully more info is out during the release. Its an NRG seat afterall (details on their stuff are usually absent) mostly used on beaters and projects/drift cars. I have no plans for the track regardless with my car.
I'm sure my insurance will already turn their heads the other way with the standard bucket installed

still... its a nice gamer seat no? :p

Dpro

6000 Post Club
i was scrambling online to find some more info on that. no luck yet. The seat was recently announced so hopefully more info is out during the release. Its an NRG seat afterall (details on their stuff are usually absent) mostly used on beaters and projects/drift cars. I have no plans for the track regardless with my car.
I'm sure my insurance will already turn their heads the other way with the standard bucket installed

still... its a nice gamer seat no? :p
Ya I do not put a lot of stock in NRG 😂they were / are one of the knockoff brands of the drift world .
Its a dope gamer seat though.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
I'm probably gonna split the crowd in half with this one.

Ive been meaning to swap out my one single purple bucket for a set of black seats anyway and came across this recently
https://www.theprismalab.com/collections/gt-seats/products/gt-arcade

It reminds me somehow of the Ford GT seats back in the 60s.
THAT plus the fact that it totally matches my current aeSThetics, its giving me inspiration.

View attachment 45690 View attachment 45691

personally, i really like these. Yay or nay?
hope these universally fit into their sliders they already have.

P.S.(I can finally toss the purple onto a sim rig!)
What is vegan leather?
Vegan leather is leather-like material produced in a way where no animals are directly exploited in the creation process.

The very nature of the term “vegan leather” is an oxymoron, much like vegan sausage or vegan beef. But I understand why it’s used as it’s a term that easily describes a non-animal variant of products we’re familiar with.

Vegan leather is also known as faux leather, pleather, alternative leather and synthetic leather.

Those seats will be hot as hell in the summer...just saying

dhminer

2000 Post Club
What is vegan leather?
Vegan leather is leather-like material produced in a way where no animals are directly exploited in the creation process.

The very nature of the term “vegan leather” is an oxymoron, much like vegan sausage or vegan beef. But I understand why it’s used as it’s a term that easily describes a non-animal variant of products we’re familiar with.

Vegan leather is also known as faux leather, pleather, alternative leather and synthetic leather.

Those seats will be hot as hell in the summer...just saying
All nice ways of saying vinyl. Not that it’s a bad thing.

Neat seat but as above, the lack of any safety approval would have me leery. Also lmao vegan leather. Do they really think people are that dumb?