Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

About 1/8” lower on drivers side. Need advice

I have a 15 FiST with 58k miles. It’s a fbo stage 2 car. I’m running Konig Hypergram 17x8’s with 205/40/17’s, H&R Sport springs, stock struts, and camber bolts.
Soon rear camber plates, new front struts, endlinks front and rear, and rear spring rubber mount/bushings.
After I lowered my car I noticed my drivers side is lower.
I’m a technician, and want a Ford tech for 10 years, and know how to check for things that are bent and everything seems to check out.
Struts aren’t blown in the front but are def getting tired.
From the little I could find most said changing the front struts fixed it(yes I know struts shouldn’t change ride height, springs should. Just saying what I found).
I also have an alignment appointment this Friday and am wondering what specs I should get. I used to have a curvier drive to work so I have the toe out and more camber, but I’m thinking of zero’ing out toe and using less camber. Thoughts?
My end goal is coilovers, but an S280 is taking priority for now.

Last edited:

koozy

3000 Post Club
Some things that can affect height.

1. Upper strut bearing not seated. There are notches on the bearing that are supposed fit into strut.

2. Spring coils not seated on the top and bottom.
  3. If those things are correct, suspect weak strut or sagging spring or not matched in pairs. You can try swapping springs left to right to see if there’s any difference.

I just went down to 1* camber and basically straight ahead toe. My Continental Extreme Contact Sports seem to do a decent job of staying of shoulder wear indicators on the street. I'm amazed how much more forward traction the car has compared to 2 or even 1.5* negative camber. Mind you this is on a s280 car so its still comically easy to light up the tires. I would definitely try the spring swap koozy recommended to see if they are just sagging.

IMO i'd suspect worn shock and struts. I've seen 50k and 100k struts that didn't leak oil, but the gas charge was history.

I'd def say the struts are the culprit. While my springs are fine my passenger side strut is making itself known it is on the worn side of life and is causing a slight sag on that side.

OP
fk8fist
Thread Starter #5
I’ve checked the way everything is mounted already and it’s all fine. Gonna go with oranges as a replacement till I go coilovers.
I’m probably gonna go -1.8* camber and zero out my toe.

OP
fk8fist
Thread Starter #6
Final alignment spec recommendations before I drop it off in the AM?

I'm running currently running only -0.8° camber on the front with 0 on the toe and just stock settings on the rear. I can run a more agressive negative camber but since it is mostly a street car with only some occasional track use this setup has worked well for me. I was given some rear camber plates I may try after winter to see how I like the feel along with how the tires wear.