Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Abs sensor wire

DangerMouse

Just installed bilstein b8s with swift springs. I cut the zip tie on the strut that holds the abs sensor wire per someone's install guide. Wasn't til after that I thought I should have tried to pop the clip out of the strut.

I put a zip tie through the strut to hold it, snug but not too tight.

I'm concerned it could rub through and cause issues. What does everyone else do? The guide I looked at didn't say what they did.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
If you are worried, Buy a new sensor, they are cheep.
Save the new one until the old one fails.

koozy

3000 Post Club
For reference there's no need to cut that zip tie. I've taken the cable off the strut countless times without cutting the tie.
Simply use a pick to lift the internal lock along the teeth of the tie to release it and pull the tie out.
It may not be obvious at first because the tie may be upside down, but If you pop it off the strut you can flip in to allow easier access in the future.

OP
DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Thread Starter #6
For reference there's no need to cut that zip tie. I've taken the cable off the strut countless times without cutting the tie.
Simply use a pick to lift the internal lock along the teeth of the tie to release it and pull the tie out.
It may not be obvious at first because the tie may be upside down, but If you pop it off the strut you can flip in to allow easier access in the future.
That's what I get for not thinking and using a diy guide for reference. I know better lol