Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AC Temp Problem

My old FiST is pushing 120k miles and giving me some AC issues, I'm looking for advice...

At either extreme, the system works fine. In the summer, Max Cold is cold and in the winter Max Hot is hot. My problems occur when ambient/cabin/desired temps are close to each other.

Like if it's a little chilly, but the cabin is warm from the sun. If I try to set the temp to cool the cabin some, using an auto setting, I'll get moderately warm air instead of moderately cool air. Dialing the desired temp down, I might eventually get a sudden changeover to a lot of cold air, but generally would have to dial all the down to Lo to get any cold air.

Could it be the cabin temp sensor, or some other sensor? Anyone experience anything like this?

TIA!

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
My car has been like this since new.
Maybe not as bad as yours but I have never had good temperature control.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I've started to notice a similar issue. Outside air was 68 and I set it at 65 (no AC) to just have the fan on as it was raining. The air coming out of the vents was hot and would only start cooling down if I set it below 61. I was also thinking that it'd be a cabin temp sensor. My guess would be the plug near the cabin air filter?

I did a little bit of googling and came across this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsunF1LLFy8 Seems to make sense, so I took a look and its a little harder to get to than in the focus, as you'd have to remove the leg airbag or center console. So, I used a shop vac and a paint brush to clean mine up. Seems to be working correctly for now, but will monitor it some time. If the issues continue, I'll probably look at troubleshooting it.

Attachments

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My old FiST is pushing 120k miles and giving me some AC issues, I'm looking for advice...

At either extreme, the system works fine. In the summer, Max Cold is cold and in the winter Max Hot is hot. My problems occur when ambient/cabin/desired temps are close to each other.

Like if it's a little chilly, but the cabin is warm from the sun. If I try to set the temp to cool the cabin some, using an auto setting, I'll get moderately warm air instead of moderately cool air. Dialing the desired temp down, I might eventually get a sudden changeover to a lot of cold air, but generally would have to dial all the down to Lo to get any cold air.

Could it be the cabin temp sensor, or some other sensor? Anyone experience anything like this?

TIA!
Must be nice to have AC at all! :ROFLMAO: