Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AC Turns on by itself?!!

PENN

Yesterday my AC would turn on full blast by itself.
I'd turn it off, and randomly it'd turn on again.
This happened about 5 times.

Anyone else have this issue?
Do I need to reset a fuse?

Zormecteon

Do you have the fan speed (temperature control) knob set to AUTO? If so, that's what's supposed to happen. If not, ... something's not right.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Any update on this? Mine started turning the air condition on automatically on full blast. After turning it off, it comes back on maybe 5 seconds later. Pulling the AC fuse in the engine bay didn't solve the issue. Looks like a glitch with whatever controls the system?

I am thinking maybe an internal short in the HVAC controls (hopefully).

I run my car in Auto without A/C a lot and there have been a few random times the A/C has turned on when I started the car for no reason.

I run my car in Auto without A/C a lot and there have been a few random times the A/C has turned on when I started the car for no reason.
I never run my car on auto, but the AC does come on, from time to time, on its own. Even when it's freezing out.

I shut it off and it stays off, until maybe a few days later, and it does it again. ???

The AC will run to defrost the windshield. This is very common on modern cars. So it depends on which vents you have open. If the AC runs when the heat and fan are turned off then you have a problem