Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Accessport staying powered on

Remi

Anyone have the issue where your Accessport stays powered on after shutting the car off?
The auto shut-off option is selected.
This doesn't happen every time. I now stay in the car until I see the message saying that AP has noticed the engine has shut down. But some times when I come back to my car, the gears are turning and the AP is powered on. Any ideas?

OP
Remi

Remi

Thread Starter #5
if u dont let it boot all the way up when u first start ur car, it has a tendancy to stay on as it tries to connect to the car
It happens to me when I start and shut it off before the AP had enough time to boot.
My situation seems to be different. I could drive for an hour, get to my destination and park my car for an hour, when I come back to the car, the AP may or may not be on. The times the AP has stayed on, I notice the starting crank is a bit weak, so I know it's draining my battery. I think from now on, I'll just power it down manually or unplug it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you update it recently? If so the settings will have to be changed back so it Auto on's and Off's with the ignition.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

DAW

I learned my lesson from a drained battery a few months ago with mine. I hardly ever even have mine plugged in now unless I’m bored and just want to use it(shit I paid for the thing). It lives it’s life in my center console 98% of the time now.

Stange thing; I plugged in my battery charger yesterday's evening. Remember clearly that the AP was off and when I got back to the car this morning, it was active, searching for a ecu signal. Doors were unlocked, don't know if it would matter.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Has anyone a bothered to contact Cobb? Or check to see if their accessport has the latest Firmware upgrade? Then after that make sure the settings in the Accessport are set back as they reset with a firmware update.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I always unplug it before I step out but yes, if I don't a lot of times it does do this for me. But, I don't remember it happening when I first got it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Has anyone a bothered to contact Cobb? Or check to see if their accessport has the latest Firmware upgrade? Then after that make sure the settings in the Accessport are set back as they reset with a firmware update.
I did not contact Cobb but I can say I'm 100% sure that the firmware update never reseted the auto off option and I did 2-3 updates to this day.

Se7eN

Ok so this is something that has happened to me before. If you turn off your car after using it but then have to turn it back on to move it or check something for whatever reason the Accessport takes time to turn back on so by the time you get out it's just turning on and does not do the auto shut off.

OP
Remi

Remi

Thread Starter #13
Did you update it recently? If so the settings will have to be changed back so it Auto on's and Off's with the ignition.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
That's one of the first things I checked, I was certain I had selected the auto off feature lol. And even now, it's still selected. What I've been having success with now, is just manually powering it down before I get out of the car. So far that seems to be working.