Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Accessport unplugging question.

Last night someone smashed the window of my car to steal.... a backpack with $600 worth the school books. So now I leave nothing that looks tempting in my car. I do want an accessport, can I remove it at night and just plug it back in in the morning?

SrsBsns

Yeah, you need to connect the AP to install your tune and keep it connected if you want to datalog or run gauges. However, after you install the tune, you don't need to keep the AP plugged in at all, driving or not. You would just need to plug it back in to change the tune.

Sorry to hear about the window and the books. I hope they catch the thief.

On my Fiesta ST, I only connected the AP the moment it got married to the car, and downloaded the needed map, and occasionally, to check parameters, but It gets disconnected and put away.

OP
B
Thread Starter #6
Yeah, you need to connect the AP to install your tune and keep it connected if you want to datalog or run gauges. However, after you install the tune, you don't need to keep the AP plugged in at all, driving or not. You would just need to plug it back in to change the tune.

Sorry to hear about the window and the books. I hope they catch the thief.
They were caught. no stolen property was recovered.

Lucky for you. Coworker had his rear window smashed, flipped the rear seat down, and had their diaper bags stolen with the goods from their baby shower in them. Roughly $300-400. While his accessport was in plain view. Don't think they were caught though.

OP
B
Thread Starter #8
yeah my books cost 500. the window was 250.It could have been worse but I dont feel to lucky... that extra 750 I have to spend now could have gone to Xmas presents.