Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Accessport V3 with Mountune Stage 1 map: Initial Impressions

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I recently ordered a Cobb Accessport V3 from Mountune and it arrived today. I quickly went home during my lunch break to install it. It took about 20 mins to backup the stock map and flash the custom Mountune Stage 1 91 octane map. Very easy and straight forward. Besides a Cobb drop-in air filter, CFM symposer delete and Mishimoto OCC my car is stock.

My initial impressions; first start-up took a few cranks longer than normal. I imagine that is because it was the first start-up after flashing. The biggest thing I've noticed right off the back is throttle response and TORQUE! The word of the day is TORQUE! The thing pulls extremely well in lower RPMs and right after shifting up to the next gear. It pulls harder when just driving on commuter roads, which is what my daily route mostly consists of so it is very nice.

I have only driven it about 5 miles back to work since the flash but I just wanted to share my excitement and my initial impressions. Thanks to Randy @ Mountune for giving me a 15% discount code and answering my silly questions by email before my AP3 arrived.

-Matt

Great to hear! Im about to order mine from them as well. What settings did you pick for flat foot shifting and launch control if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Flat foot shifting I put "unsure, decide for me" and 2400 RPM for launch control.

haste

1000 Post Club
It's unfortunate the "free tuning" that comes with it is only within the 45 day period after receiving the accessport. I bought the unit from mountune assuming I could get free tuning later down the line. They have changed the description since I bought mine and it is now more clear.

"The duration of the calibration and file revision period for the chosen octane / fuel type is 45 days from the time the first file is sent to the customer, which is preloaded onto the AP when it ships out."

Any insights on how this compares to the MP215? Based on the dyno charts on mountunes site it's 6hp and 4tq less vs the MP215.
Can't beat the price in comparison to the MP215 package especially with the discount and 2016 model friendly.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I wish I knew, I think the MP215 is warranty friendly, though. But Mountune claims the Stage 1 93 tune will give 191 HP and 243 TQ. Take away a few from those figures for the 91 map.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Randys response time is great but it ends with no warnings. I got about 5 adjustments. Car runs great but not sure if perfected.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
The sound not so much. The cars is night and day different animal. Get the rmm along with it . I loaded ots tune at first not knowing to scroll to the bottom for the mountune one. That is even very discernible.Read up on dataloging to not waste your and Randy's time.

Hey man. I just got this same setup as well. Everything feels really good but I noticed something weird. Have you tried downshifting from 3-4th into 2nd gear? Tried earlier today and blipping the throttle doesn't take me anywhere past 4K RPMs.

Does anyone know if this is a setting anywhere? I used to be able to do it just fine prior to the Mountune custom tune.

Quick note - I set flat foot shifting to 4K RPMs, maybe it could be related to that?