Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Acura Integra Returning in 2022

CSM

1000 Post Club
https://jalopnik.com/the-acura-integra-is-back-1847480459

I am genuinely excited about this. If it lives up to the hype, I think I know what I'll be replacing my Fiesta with.....

Ton of rumors right now, but I keep hearing base model will essentially be a re-branded civic Si, and type S will have Type R motor + small electric motor for slight power bump

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

I am genuinely excited about this. If it lives up to the hype, I think I know what I'll be replacing my Fiesta with.....

Ton of rumors right now, but I keep hearing base model will essentially be a re-branded civic Si, and type S will have Type R motor + small electric motor for slight power bump
Another torquey mid range snooze fest :(

Bring back something that makes you *work* for the power. With every new car making roughly the same power in the same powerband, they all feel the same and there's practically no point to rowing your own gears anymore.

I'm getting old, but I dislike feeling like I am not an essential part of a car getting from point A to point B. Same reason I haven't purchased a tesla - no matter how well I drive, the car would ultimately be faster without me in it.

I just saw this and the renders today and I'm loving the design of it, wondering what sort of power train their going to put in it. Possibly something similar to the new civic, who knows, honestly wishing I had the funds for one.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club

That's great news, thanks for posting it. It's encouraging to know that a new performance car is on the horizon, they're getting scarcer and scarcer.
I had a '96 Integra GS-R, and it was a great car, quick with nice handling and pretty much indestructible. I bought it new and kept it for 16 years and had to do almost nothing to it other than routine maintenance. I finally sold it because I realized I wasn't going to wear it out in my lifetime and wanted to try something different.

Last edited:
That's great news, thanks for posting it. It's encouraging to know that a new performance car is on the horizon, they're getting scarcer and scarcer.
I had a '96 Integra GS-R, and it was a great car, quick with nice handling and pretty much indestructible. I bought it new and kept it for 16 years and had to do almost nothing to it other than routine maintenance. I finally sold it because I realized I wasn't going to wear it out in my lifetime and wanted to try something different.
That's also my story. I had a '96, had it for 20 years before it got stolen. Found with the motor, transmission and wheels gone. I loved that car and both my wife and I were very sad when that happened. Obviously not as capable a car as the FiST, but just as much fun, and much more delicate and precise.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
That's also my story. I had a '96, had it for 20 years before it got stolen. Found with the motor, transmission and wheels gone. I loved that car and both my wife and I were very sad when that happened. Obviously not as capable a car as the FiST, but just as much fun, and much more delicate and precise.
That is sad, but in a way it's kind of a strange backhanded compliment to the car. There aren't many 20 year old cars that people still want to steal.

ronmcdon

I hope this means Acura will be mercifully killing off the ILX which is still based off the 9th gen civic that was (not made since '15).

Maybe more realistically this will be the 10th or 11th gen civic made into a coupe, not dissimilar to ILX treatment. Yeah maybe a Civic Si coupe with an automatic transmission which I hope isn't a CVT.

I guess just glad the integra is not reborn as an SUV 'coupe' and wishing for the best on this effort.

ronmcdon

IIRC there were few cars easier to steal than the Integra
till this day I am envious of those courageous enough to buy an ITR and park it in public somehow.

I had a pretty messed up looking crx w/230k miles, terribly oxidated red pain and somehow that got stolen twice in a year. Older gen (88-00ish) hondas are great cars but would never again commit to that risk, with the terrible suspense of not knowing when it'll be stolen.

till this day I am envious of those courageous enough to buy an ITR and park it in public somehow.

I had a pretty messed up looking crx w/230k miles, terribly oxidated red pain and somehow that got stolen twice in a year. Older gen (88-00ish) hondas are great cars but would never again commit to that risk, with the terrible suspense of not knowing when it'll be stolen.
That is what got me out of the Honda scene. Had a really nice Integra with a lot of Type-R parts. At the gym middle of the day, come back out 45min later and car was gone. Lost $6k worth of parts but got the shell back. Second time at my girlfriend’s apt just for 2hrs and car was gone again but this time I had a fuel cut off switch so they only made it down the street and stole stereo and sub. Then 3rd time at Albertsons parking lot someone stole my rims.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

thats actually what got me out of the 240sx scene all the Honda kids jumped in and started stealing the cars. I could not drive the car anywhere without fear of being followed home and the car stolen when I was not around.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
What the hell kind of places do you guys visit that your shit is getting stolen like that?? The biggest "crime" we've had here in a while was kids throwing sliced cheese on peoples windshields lol

ronmcdon

This is in Los Angeles, but you'd hear stories on honda-tech ppl would get their cars stolen all over the country. I know it was bad during the early to late 00's.

Actually was pretty lucky with with my 240sx. Got my 96 240sx right around the late 00's and drove it for maybe 5 years before I stashed it at a gated parking spot at my old boss office. Embarrasingly still have the car sitting there. However other than CE-38's wheels kept my car looking relatively stock.

Never had any issues with my NA Miata either, even though that car looked great, sunburst yellow, hardtop and all. Miatas are and were the best, looking back even then. Cheaper to insure and no anxiety from car thieves.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That is what got me out of the Honda scene. Had a really nice Integra with a lot of Type-R parts. At the gym middle of the day, come back out 45min later and car was gone. Lost $6k worth of parts but got the shell back. Second time at my girlfriend’s apt just for 2hrs and car was gone again but this time I had a fuel cut off switch so they only made it down the street and stole stereo and sub. Then 3rd time at Albertsons parking lot someone stole my rims.
I am guessing that our decent looking aftermarket wheels do not get clipped often because (VERY surprisingly, given how effing dumb/wasted on shit they are), the low lives somehow know that our bolt patterns/offsets/etc. have about as limited a car use range of anything they could possibly take. [dunno]

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
When I owned my Integra GSR from '96 to 2012 I had no idea it was such an attractive theft target. This is good because I have a category in my brain called "Great, something else to worry about" when I learn about some new potentially upsetting thing that was not previously on my radar screen. That would have worried me a lot if I had known about it, so in this case maybe ignorance was bliss

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When I owned my Integra GSR from '96 to 2012 I had no idea it was such an attractive theft target. This is good because I have a category in my brain called "Great, something else to worry about" when I learn about some new potentially upsetting thing that was not previously on my radar screen. That would have worried me a lot if I had known about it, so in this case maybe ignorance was bliss
Kind of like I wish that I never learned about our rides' door/hatch/hood seam corrosion issues. [:(]

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Kind of like I wish that I never learned about our rides' door/hatch/hood seam corrosion issues. [:(]
Ah the good old reticular activating system. Never see white toyota corollas. Beastwood mentions white toyota corollas. Next time you drive, you will be shocked at the sheer number of white toyota corollas.

The brain is weird lol.