Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Adapting Flared Wheel Arches

Taz

In the future I want to buy flared wheel arches for the three door FiST I wish to get my hands on. The trouble I've found is finding a set that I actually like the look of. There is one SET that I really like the look of, but the manufacturer says they'll never make a version for the three door 'cause the five door didn't sell well. So then, I thought maybe I could adapt it for the three door. Would it be possible with minimal effort, or would it take a total redesign? My guess is that the front arches are the same design and size? If so, that would just leave the rear arches, which are a bit more tricky. I've seen other owners adapting five door arch kits from other makers and all they did was fill in the gaps for the rear doors with body filler, but they were more basic bolt-on designs, whilst this is blended more into the bodywork design. Is there much if any difference in rear bodywork design between the three door and five door FiST?

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #3
It would be this arch that I've put a red box around. I'd say it would be easy to fill in the door gap area of the panel before fitting, but would the rest of the panel fit the contours of the three door FiST?

FiST_Setup.289-5_1800x1800.jpg

xxiaze

Those are fortune flares... and a pretty penny for purchase. 1750$.. and for the likely hood of them not fitting well to a 3 door I think it best to look elsewhere. The rear door body line likely would not line up or meet the bumper correctly because the 3 door version bumper is much shorter. Also, the lower skirts not work or the rear spats. Is it just flares you are looking for or a complete ‘body kit’

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #5
Those are fortune flares... and a pretty penny for purchase. 1750$.. and for the likely hood of them not fitting well to a 3 door I think it best to look elsewhere. The rear door body line likely would not line up or meet the bumper correctly because the 3 door version bumper is much shorter. Also, the lower skirts not work or the rear spats. Is it just flares you are looking for or a complete ‘body kit’
Thanks for the info. I'm more looking for just a decently designed set of flares than a body kit, because my intent is to add the rest by buying from companies like Maxton. But if I did decide to go for a body kit THIS is the only other one that could be a possibility. They're a tad on the ugly side though.

xxiaze

Thanks for the info. I'm more looking for just a decently designed set of flares than a body kit, because my intent is to add the rest by buying from companies like Maxton. But if I did decide to go for a body kit THIS is the only other one that could be a possibility. They're a tad on the ugly side though.
Understood, if that’s the case I would consider something more along the lines of these and shaping them with heat and cutting as needed

https://www.krotov.pro/product-page/universal-fender-flares-crystal-2inch-50mm-4pcs

EDIT: Can’t go wrong with 150$ either 👌

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #7
Understood, if that’s the case I would consider something more along the lines of these and shaping them with heat and cutting as needed

https://www.krotov.pro/product-page/universal-fender-flares-crystal-2inch-50mm-4pcs

EDIT: Can’t go wrong with 150$ either 👌
Thanks. I've picked up a new name today, one called "Rocket Bunny". I've seen some pics of a FiST180 with what they claim to have one of their kits installed, but for the life of me I can't find any for sale, or find their website on Google. I'm guessing they do have a website?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Noodles Member Group Buys 113