Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Advance tech question (Charging System)

Good morning all. Here is my question. Can anyone tell me what signal is used to control the Alternator? I do stereo competition in my ST and i am trying to up the system core voltage. When its being controled by the computer, without the headlights on, the alternator turns on and off based on the batteries and the load they are under. This means i have to draw a massive amount of power before the Alternator will start putting in work. If i unplug the alternator i can get a constant 14 volts but iv seen it go higher when controlled by the computer. I want to create the signal from an external source to get the battery voltage up before i put it under load. I have a 250A alternator in it currently. Im also drawing around 310 amps at full tilt. Any input would be helpful. Thank you.