Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AEM methanol kit

Hey guys, hoping this topic is acceptable in here. How I would I tap/ wire the yellow wire included in the kit for the 12v power? I heard some use the sunroof fuse, but i don’t have a sunroof. What are my options? Can I just Add a fuse to a spot that’s unused? And how would I get a button/ switch set up so I can activate when I want to? Would they yellow wire need to be spliced? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys, hoping this topic is acceptable in here. How I would I tap/ wire the yellow wire included in the kit for the 12v power? I heard some use the sunroof fuse, but i don’t have a sunroof. What are my options? Can I just Add a fuse to a spot that’s unused? And how would I get a button/ switch set up so I can activate when I want to? Would they yellow wire need to be spliced? Thanks in advance!

Remind me what the yellow wire is for? The 12v power should be a red wire.

Also depending on your tuner, you'd have to re-flash your map entirely for the meth to be accounted for in the tune (my tune is this way so that its impossible to run the meth tune accidentally and blow up the car). A switch would go in line directly to the power for the controller, which you'd need to mount in the cabin somewhere, or throw it in the glovebox.

OP
NateDawgST
Thread Starter #3
It says the yellow wire is an arm switch, sorry not power switch, but for it I need it to be supplied by a 12v fuse or similar. How would I set up am arm switch for the yellow wire?

OP
NateDawgST
Thread Starter #4
Also I’m already messaging my tuner before hand[emoji16]

OP
NateDawgST
Thread Starter #5
Or rather is it an optional wire and not necessary? If so, then I won’t worry about it

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
No no its not optional, if you don't connect it, the system will not work.

So what you'd do is this: tap into a 12v source that is switched on with ignition > run a wire to a on/off switch (preferably a lit one so you know when its on) > connect the proper terminal on the switch to the yellow wire.

OP
NateDawgST
Thread Starter #7
Alrighty thank you I appreciate it!

hey, do you run a failsafe on you’re system? I’m looking into tuning for my meth setup, which I would only run on occasion; but I want to run a failsafe. Doing some research it seems possible to switch maps on the fly when an alarm is triggered, and I would get a map from my tuner which basically drops boost to wastegate pressure. I don’t know where to start really, and I’m probably gonna make a post asking if anyone knows. Tia
Remind me what the yellow wire is for? The 12v power should be a red wire.

Also depending on your tuner, you'd have to re-flash your map entirely for the meth to be accounted for in the tune (my tune is this way so that its impossible to run the meth tune accidentally and blow up the car). A switch would go in line directly to the power for the controller, which you'd need to mount in the cabin somewhere, or throw it in the glovebox.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
hey, do you run a failsafe on you’re system? I’m looking into tuning for my meth setup, which I would only run on occasion; but I want to run a failsafe. Doing some research it seems possible to switch maps on the fly when an alarm is triggered, and I would get a map from my tuner which basically drops boost to wastegate pressure. I don’t know where to start really, and I’m probably gonna make a post asking if anyone knows. Tia
My maps were set up in such a way that I could not switch on the fly between my meth and non meth maps. I had to totally reflash the car. The "failsafes" I had were a warning light and the snow performance gauge flashes as well when the level is low. You would have to script some sort of dialog for the meth system to talk to the map slot feature in the tune and that probably wouldn't be easy. You kind of just need to monitor it properly yourself.