Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AFR

2016 fiesta st
I need help
AFR 11/43 is this bad? When i get on it middle upper # also 43
I went full bolt on today
Rear mount, intake, catless downpipe, intercooler

Spork1569

That's normal, engine should run rich under WOT as the extra fuel helps keep things cool. If you let off the gas you'll see around low 40s as you basically cut off fuel and this engine is running lean at that point. As you putt around town it should be just about 14.7(stoichiometric ratio for air to fuel mixture).

If those are mins and maxs your numbers should be fine.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
That's normal, engine should run rich under WOT as the extra fuel helps keep things cool. If you let off the gas you'll see around low 40s as you basically cut off fuel and this engine is running lean at that point. As you putt around town it should be just about 14.7(stoichiometric ratio for air to fuel mixture).

If those are mins and maxs your numbers should be fine.
Im new to turbo car
Just to clarrify so you have 3 number on AFR left, right and the upper middle
Which one do i worry about? Also what is normal?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Im new to turbo car
Just to clarrify so you have 3 number on AFR left, right and the upper middle
Which one do i worry about? Also what is normal?
If you have an accessport it will show your highest (lean) and lowest (rich), but your car runs virtually without fuel when you're coasting IN gear, the wheels are driving the motor, so it doesn't require any fuel which is great for efficiency that's why you'll see a super lean condition. If you coast to a stop in neutral the motor needs fuel to drive the motor so it doesn't stall. 11:1 is going to be generally under acceleration.

Last edited: