Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aftermarket Boost Controller Help

Hey guys,

When I bought my Fiesta last July I noticed there was a boost controller knob mounted under the steering column. It never bothered me, I just keep it near the middle most of the time. When the knob is all the way to the left, the car is extremely slow and sounds like it is struggling. When the knob is all the way to the right, the car is unbelievably fast.

I'm looking to buy a Cobb AP soon, so I want to remove this controller now. Will removing it cause any issues? I'm going to a track day at the end of May, and having this knob on is going to make me uncomfortable when I'm pushing the car.

Side Knob.jpg Front Knob.jpg

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That's really odd. Once you can an Access port, trace all the wiring for that thing and pull it all out. The flash the tune from the AP.
No kidding

That’s the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen lol. I would’ve assumed it was a bass knob for a subwoofer

OP
turbolag277
Thread Starter #6
I'll be ordering an AP soon, I will keep you guys updated.

I've never driven another Fiesta ST, so I am curious how the car will feel without this weird boost controller. I technically haven't experienced the car in stock form, so I have had no clue where to put the knob to replicate stock performance.

OP
turbolag277
Thread Starter #10
I've been putting off this update for a while lol. Apparently I am just stupid, because yes, it was a bass knob. I had tested my acceleration with it cranked both directions and I swear it was so much faster with the knob to the right. I am an idiot lmao.

More importantly, the AP works great. Acceleration is actually faster now, and it makes shifting a bit smoother. The track day went great and my car handled the heat just fine.

The only issue I have now is when I start the car. I have to turn on the electronics, let my gauges settle, and then I can turn the car on. It does not start if I try to turn it on without letting everything power up. There is a bunch of thick speaker wiring in the car that is not connected to an amp or a sub, but I don't think that would cause this issue.

Lays

I've been putting off this update for a while lol. Apparently I am just stupid, because yes, it was a bass knob. I had tested my acceleration with it cranked both directions and I swear it was so much faster with the knob to the right. I am an idiot lmao.

More importantly, the AP works great. Acceleration is actually faster now, and it makes shifting a bit smoother. The track day went great and my car handled the heat just fine.

The only issue I have now is when I start the car. I have to turn on the electronics, let my gauges settle, and then I can turn the car on. It does not start if I try to turn it on without letting everything power up. There is a bunch of thick speaker wiring in the car that is not connected to an amp or a sub, but I don't think that would cause this issue.
Does it have a lithium battery instead of a normal battery? Could be why.