Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aftermarket Rear spoiler/wing Who has one? etc

Spork1569

Who has one? Does it create downforce? Is it a quality product?
I know Woosh carries the Delta style wings that are apparently euro spec, kind of on the price side though. I've also seen some RS style wings for our car.

If you're looking for more downforce or a different look there's also wing extensions. A little on the cheaper side too.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #5
I know Woosh carries the Delta style wings that are apparently euro spec, kind of on the price side though. I've also seen some RS style wings for our car.

If you're looking for more downforce or a different look there's also wing extensions. A little on the cheaper side too.
Thanks for the info. I’ve looked at a bunch but I want to hear from those who actually have them on their cars

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As you know the OEM spoiler/wing does little to nothing for down force and is therefore mostly for looks.
I believe this is because of the wing's very small surface area.
I currently have the Maxton RS style rear spoiler.
Although I think it looks much better than the OEM, it does little more for down force if anything.

Just my opinion.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #7
As you know the OEM spoiler/wing does little to nothing for down force and is therefore mostly for looks.
I believe this is because of the wing's very small surface area.
I currently have the Maxton RS style rear spoiler.
Although I think it looks much better than the OEM, it does little more for down force if anything.

Just my opinion.
I changed the title of the thread. So no downforce? Rat farts!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I hope I did not misunderstand?

Your title is "Aftermarket Rear spoiler/wing Who has one? etc"
Your first post is
Who has one? Does it create downforce? Is it a quality product?
Well I have one (RS style) and it does not create down force, the quality is good, just a little tricky to install.
I also had the Mountune wing extensions before and they didn't do anything either except look better.

I think I answered your question correctly, NO down force.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #9
I hope I did not misunderstand?

Your title is "Aftermarket Rear spoiler/wing Who has one? etc"
Your first post is

Well I have one (RS style) and it does not create down force, the quality is good, just a little tricky to install.
I also had the Mountune wing extensions before and they didn't do anything either except look better.

I think I answered your question correctly, NO down force.
“A little more for downforce” I suppose comparing before and after results without instruments can only be anecdotal at best. Maybe I’ll just do a rear camber upgrade for better high speed stability. Or maybe having it sitting lower on B8’s and Mountune springs will keep it planted better. I will soon find out.

Dib

I've been looking for a decent spoiler for a while and haven't found anything. I'm thinking custom is about the only option.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
“A little more for downforce” I suppose comparing before and after results without instruments can only be anecdotal at best. Maybe I’ll just do a rear camber upgrade for better high speed stability. Or maybe having it sitting lower on B8’s and Mountune springs will keep it planted better. I will soon find out.
These cars understeer when pushed hard. Even if you found something that added meaningful downforce you'd just be moving balance towards more understeer. Most people who a/c and/or HPDE/TT their cars are modifying for less relative rear traction via more rear stiffness and less front aero-lift, e.g. a real splitter and hood vents.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #12
These cars understeer when pushed hard. Even if you found something that added meaningful downforce you'd just be moving balance towards more understeer. Most people who a/c and/or HPDE/TT their cars are modifying for less relative rear traction via more rear stiffness and less front aero-lift, e.g. a real splitter and hood vents.
High speed stability

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
For the rear hence rear wing thread
Do you feel a slight roll while changing lanes at speed?

I added a rear sway bar (Hotchkis) and i noticed the car kept stable during high-speed maneuvers. Suspension is all stock otherwise.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
For the rear hence rear wing thread
You're assuming I meant front toe in. Even so, the rear is connected to the front and keeping the front stable is going to help the rear. I've never heard of anyone having a stability problem in the rear. There was an OP that claimed that his FiST had balance towards oversteer and the general consensus was that his car was broken (or he didn't understand what he was feeling).

Wait util @D1JL finishes his work with a rear diffuser and see what he to say about it - he does a good job with recognizing real vs. placebo performance enhancements.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I added a rear sway bar (Hotchkis) and i noticed the car kept stable during high-speed maneuvers. Suspension is all stock otherwise.
Important to note that a rear anti-sway bar will move balance towards the front (less understeer, more oversteer). Adding rear downforce will have the opposite effect.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #18
Do you feel a slight roll while changing lanes at speed?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Oh good one is being put on now

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #19
I started working on a downforce project. I acquired some 3/4” angle iron and a bathroom door that was laying around. I’ll post pics when I’m done or when Typhoon beats me to it 🤥

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I started working on a downforce project. I acquired some 3/4” angle iron and a bathroom door that was laying around. I’ll post pics when I’m done or when Typhoon beats me to it [emoji1781]
Only if it will Jump shit....

And Drift like a scalded dog!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ford Community Posts