Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aftermarket Tie Rods?

Anyone out there know of any beefier tie rods? I just found out both of mine are bent, probably from almost tipping at autocross, and I for the life of me can not find a single aftermarket tie rod. Even the oem options are limited. I've never really had an issue trying to find performance parts for a car before.

Posting for follow up on this ? Did you find anything ? They look like chopsticks

OP
Maihyo
Thread Starter #3
Posting for follow up on this ? Did you find anything ? They look like chopsticks
Sadly not really, I ended up going straight through ford. Got the dealership to cover the costs at least. Ive looked high and low for something with more meat to no avail

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Anyone out there know of any beefier tie rods? I just found out both of mine are bent, probably from almost tipping at autocross, and I for the life of me can not find a single aftermarket tie rod. Even the oem options are limited. I've never really had an issue trying to find performance parts for a car before.
Maybe these? But I am NOT SURE if the Fiesta and Fiesta ST use different Rack and pinions though.... I've had great luck with Federal Mogul moog products

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-ev800903

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As per Tasca Parts listing the inner tie rods are the same on both the right and left.
However, they are different between the ST and non-ST models.

Well, hopefully in time someone will begin to make something that works. I plan to keep this car for the long haul so hopefully someone finds value in manufacturing these kinds of things ..

Anyone find anything new? I see Mevotech makes a few parts for the Fiesta. Their site shows some inner tie rods that fit the non ST. They do show that the outer tie rods they have fit the ST. I have a bad outer tie rod and I’m thinking about trying these out.

Also, it looks like there’s some Proforged inner tie rods that might be worth looking into.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
In my personal opinion original equipment is normally the best when it comes to steering components.
I used Proforged sway bar end links on my Ford Focus they didn't even make it a year. They are heavy and seem well made but the joint locked up. I paid $20 a piece for them, I replaced them with ones that were $3 bucks a piece. The cheap ones have not let me down.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk